Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: World War Z (Turn 3) (No longer taking players)  (Read 14730 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World War Z (Turn 2)
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »

Why? Um... Because of the improving nature of body armor being developed around the world (which I personally think is a bit ridiculous, how do you expect to massively improve material science in just a few months?) We in the relatively minor nation of Norway need a different strategy than spraying automatic fire. We need larger, more powerful weapons, to penetrate these more powerful armors. Seeing an organized line arrayed against you is also quite demoralizing for any enemy, and because we assume that the countries in NATO will assist us in obtaining these armors, we need not be afraid of the automatic weapons that would've destroyed lines previously. I shall add that perhaps this is vulnerable to tanks and artillery, but they are relatively minor threats when you look at what'll happen if we just stand by and let infantry that are impervious to our guns walk by unmolested.

As to how the Norwegians know about this, I assume that the very tightly connected NATO high-command is telling each other about they're projects, and so we extrapolate that the enemies of Norway are developing extremely strong armors as well. I also assume that semi-automatic weapons are a great deal stronger than automatic weapons, and if not, then start developing them so that they are.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 04:16:32 pm »

in as italy!
luckily nobody claimed this deep shi...EHm MARVELOUS COUNTRY!

this turn we will all have a nice look at football players protesting and do nothing! next turn, we will see.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »

Turn 3
5 months after case zero

Although quite a few outbreaks are destroyed in China, the remaining ones start to have high numbers. There are about 30-50 zombies outside of China in neighboring countries. A zombie is shot and killed in Kyrgyzstan, the first Z to die outside of China.
The UN sends a W.H.O. team in China, fearing this new type of rabies.
Tentions are rising between the nations: spies have been spotted in most superpowers and some projects have been seen/heard of.

The following actions have been completed:
-Sending special forces against the chinese outbreaks
-Closing the borders bewteen China and Russia
-Enhancing the security in ports, airports and road checkpoints of Germany
-The vision for the new military is released in the US, and the intelligence apparatus is restructured
-Most actions in Ukraine are completed
-Belarus has fun
-In the light of the recent events in the other super powers, the Rome and Dragon projects are accepted in the UK. After all, people seem to be getting ready for a war.
-Norway accepts the suggestion of developing semi-automatic, more powerful weapons.

-ANY research involving ANY sci-fi ridiculous stuff (plasma blades, psychic powers, outer space exploration and every thing of that kind...) can keep going on, but they will never complete in this game. You CAN make technological advancements, but not that kind of advancement. You can take what we have, and improve it, or create something we know is possible to make but we never tried. You can't create something all new from scratch (I hope this is clear).

Military movements are all done. Other actions are not yet completed, OR they will never complete (draftings in China, for example, will keep going as long as the government can keep the country together)

Dwarmin, I request your help. Can you check the projects players post, tell them in how much months they will be completed in your opinion (making a body armor out of a new material will take months or years, while designing one with kevlar can be done in just a few months), and maybe remind them (and me) when these projects are done. It will be one less thing I have to keep track of, and that's really useful.

Spoiler: Current map (click to show/hide)

Alright. These are the first yellows. Now, things will start to get lethal.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: World War Z (Turn 3)
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »

so Scotland is not accepted?...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 04:31:56 pm »

> Extend mandatory military service period from eighteen months to thirty months.
> Run PR campaign reminding citizens that refusal to serve in the military for one's mandatory period of time is treason, a crime which carries the death penalty for endangering the safety of Belarus.
> Try to find out what's going on in China from my ex-USSR contacts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »

I urge all bases near the Belorussian border to stay alert.

I then send a few more SBU agents to oversee containment of the outbreaks, with them a platoon of troops.

...I also send a few SBU agents over to Australia, due to the rather heated political climate.

EDIT: Updated post on 9th page.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 02:22:09 pm by Phantom »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »

Start a total political takeover over of australia, making sure no political rival leaves or stays with their life and/or credability. Change the standard munition among the military into the 6.8mm SPC caliber, retiring all 5.56mm weapons and ammo.

Restart Project Walker, minus the mechanoid bit (So, just a very big weapons and vehicle factory). Start large-scale computerization of most government services. Start research into Sentient AIs, even if we cannot complete it within a year, some progress towards that goal is better than nothing. Start a major crackdown on tax evasion, seizing corporate assets if neccessary and keeping them until we can decide what to do with them. Re-nationalize the telecommunications network under state ownership (Considering how well testra worked out, I think most people woundn't mind this happening.), however, continue leasing low-level access for private companies.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »

Propose Operation Warrior to the UN, and continue Projects Rome, and Dragon.

Spoiler: Operation Warrior (click to show/hide)

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 04:58:44 pm »

Continue training of soliders in Romania while also start military drills in our home land for better mobilisation in montains and forests. Equip our soliders with the best assalt rifles we can get/have/can buy. Create more vehicle factories to improve our numbers of vehicles in our army. Reaserch better ways for vehicles to move through forests.Also send spies to china to see what the hell is going on over there.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:34 pm »

-Stop all travel to and from China and any area near China Border.
-Work on loosening all firearm laws in Canada.
-Continue research on Fusion power.
-Increase grants to the Canada Space Agency and begin manufacturing Satellite parts.
-Increase recruitment for the Canadian Armed Forces.
-Increase grants to all North American directed-energy weapons manufacturers.
-Create commercials educating people about hygiene and security
-Increase export of following Canadian goods: Gold, Coal, Lumber, Fertilizers, Medication and Maple syrup.
-Reduce export of following Canadian Goods: Crude Oil, Aluminum, Liquefied gasses and Obsidian Mugs.
-Increase Import of following American goods: Semiconductors, Automotive accessories, Natural gas, Obsidian and Obsidian mugs.
-Send a group of special forces to China.
-Attempt to gain more leverage in Canadian Government, Prime Minister Sinclair Powne's Party must be the majority!

(Would fusion be considered ridiculous? It is already possible and there are many ongoing projects to make it a viable source of power.)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

New Directives:
-Send request to UK to initiate a joint training operation, in response to raising global tension
-Closely monitor all news and intelligence information coming from eastern asia, where tension seems to be centered
-Increase intelligence operations to collect more data on pontential threats

I'm assuming other than rabies rumours and such, there's no actual confirmation and suggestion of zombie threat yet? or has information leaked from Kazakhstan? I'm having trouble tracking in player and out of player infromation from the updates, is there a way you could clairfy this more? Maybe split the update into (Zombie Progress) and (News and info) or something?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »

What follows are the Italians orders.
i am NOT racist or nazist. i was taught english by an indian, and have a couple of arab friends. The thing which follows is a nice idea i had of RPING a "working" italy.
one which doesn't go "pastaaaaa" every five seconds. One worth of being called "superpowers"
we are less than a tenth of france, or germany, yet we are a superpower. even when we are so damn stupid in governing ourselves. so let's try out another way of government.

Italians! We eat pasta!
The government rants for just a couple more days about how nice it is to leave in a crysis. A revolution ensues and democracy get's outdated into a Dictatorship based on popularity
(like the ancient Romanic dictatorship, the "dictator" is a six month charge made in case of extreme crysis to resolve any problem. he has absolute powers for as long as the crysis is there. it is not a negative connotation. at least, in this case it's a nice improvement.)

Neo-Italy assumes control of Italy.
Neo-italy, being a dictatorship based on popularity, guarantees truly many marvelous rights that old democratic italy did not:
freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom to advocate one own rights and thoughts.
removal of the constitution as a Fixed system of laws and creation of a new constitution more fluid and interchangeable were needed.
Guarantees freedom of marriage to gays/lesbians the like.
Restart forced military service to everyone from age 16 to age 18, and recall back from foreign countries every single military force. Have them swipe the cities with the local police. Call this "a necessary measure for italian safety"
Guarantee and suggest to use genetical son/daughter engineering to give birth. to make them healthy.
Neo-italy also freezes and claims for herself ALL THE money that each and every single deputee or member of the senate/parlamen or minister has earned or possess.

This is used to solve the economical crysis and to fund further things.

taxes are subsequantially reduced due to the Dictator being the only paid charge on the government. And is just paid the necessary.

this increases earnings. and italians FINALLY CAN HAVE SAVINGS! *cheers from italians*
football players lose all their incomes and money, and are arrested for being "betrayers to the state" having refused when time had come to give the money and because they went on strike for stupid reasons.

more money for the state to reinvest in making more money to use for better things. like research. or universities.
remove students/needy/moneygrabbers from their positions if they are not italians, and if there parents are not italians.
this means out of students homes, out of state homes, out of italy. this is more nicely said to "an italian has the right to study, and as such, money is increased to the italians who wish to learn" and "italian needy people are here, on our soil, from when they were born. They have the right to be treated equally, and even better. The old 90 years old kicked out for not paying rent should be left out in the cold because a 23 year old arab came by and took the last bed? i say no. What do you say?"
Force labour upon the unemployed
it may sound as a countersense, but it's quite sensed.
You're an unemployed mason? be happy, we have something to make you build!
you're an unemployed...artist? be happy! you can be artistic MOVING THOSE GODDAMN BRICKS!
in short: people cannot be unemployed. if they are, they have "tot weeks" to find a job OR end up working with a job the state has given them. this generates their incomes, which go in taxes, which gives the state money. the state wins and people get a job!

Project New Heaven
Neo-italy begins amelioration of existing spacecrafts and construction of a space station able to auto-sustain itself.
Security measures: Public-disinformation. Pass it on as being a new research into auto-sustainance in space.
Truth: it's a space bunker for when things go awry for the neo-italian dictator. they won't search for him in SPACE!

Project Icarus
Security measures: EXTREME ULTRAVIOLET-ULTRA SECRET-DEATH ON MURMURING
Begin swapping each and every single children who is going to be born "by assisted conception" with a pre-engineered super-perfect-baby who's genes would make him a perfect "super-soldier". male or female depending on "parents" decision.

Project Last Hope
medium security measures.
Start building vaults in the Alps and in the Italian mountains.

Project Bloody Trenches
Security level: medium-high.
Objective: to stop immigration in italy from non-european countries.
Modus operandi: italian press is forced into sending fake films showing how non-european people assault and murder italians, the italian state then has to retaliate by placing armed sentries with the "shoot on sight" order. and armed ships to sink every non-european who attempts to transverse through sea. and next to the eastern borders. we do not publicize this thing out of country. If the UN is angered, we comment they can always send a ship to intercept the immigrants, and take them to THEIR countries.
possible results: pissing off the UN-Immigrants have to go through spain instead of italy to reach france/germany or through northerly routes instead of through the alps.

Project Alpha and Omega
Security measures: low.
to keep people happy, the dictator shows kindness to people who send him letter of concerns/bitter problems and solves them.
"i'm 89 and they want to kick me out of the house for not paying rent"
"the old lady stays. the state will pay rent for her."
*lady then dies* "her belongins are now in posses of the state" *goes off to sell old cat*
results expected: increase in happiness, after all, the state helps you, and usually doesn't earn much in return...usually.

and maybe i dunno...try and find the old hidden Hitler treasure? >.> just joking on that one!
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »

so Scotland is not accepted?...

Forgot you, sorry! Both of your projects are ongoing (the propaganda is of the eternal type, it will keep going on until you say otherwise).

47% of the population would like to have independence. You're lucky.

EDIT: adwarf, Project Warrior is rejected for metagaming. A zombie was shot outside of China, but that does'nt mean the world knows what's happening (for what we know, maybe the police thought he was just a madman).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:16:52 pm by Shootandrun »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »

Agree to France's Request also send some Special Forces to combat the epidemic in China

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2011, 05:17:36 pm »

Can i join as Mongolia?

if so then,
  • Train up my Military
    Develop medical medicines and test them on horses
    Grant right to have any weapon and a horse
    Exterminate all zombie treat in the Mongolian Empire
    Start teaching self-defence in schools
    Start teaching horse-back riding too
    Send a group of highly trained Mongol Gun Cav. to China to check if there are zombies there.
    Research ways to harness the Horses' power
    Research a low recoil gun so that many more Mongol Gun Cav can be trained.
    Start importing horses from the following countries, Russia, Spain, France, and America to hopefully develop better horses.
    Start a border patrol to prevent zombies from invading.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17