Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Frozenvictims, a fort to last a hundred years (TERRIFYING TUNDRA, SIGN UP)  (Read 5224 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: A Fort to Last A Hundred Years: come and sign up!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »

The Journal of Mormota

Great riches await us! I know it! I was hired by some maddwarf to protect a small caravan until they arrive at one of the most promising places in the world! A glacier, full of exotic gems and riches! This was the best decision of my life, free booze, food, no fighting to do, I'll get rich and they're even paying me for it! Well, almost the best. There is some idiot here who calls himself Sirocco. He likes having a diary just like I do, but he engraves his. On my shield. I'm not sure I like that.

I hope you won't mind that, I thought it fit in well with Sirocco's character.
*Talking to Mormota* "HI! THANKS FOR GIVING ME SOMETHING TO ENGRAVE ON! I prefere a flat surface, but any tablet will do, friend. Say, did I introduce you to patsy?! ...Wait! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING?! ARE WE PLAYING HIDE-AND-GO-SEEK?!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Right...next update I'll also do a diary.

The journal of Dhokarena56, miner, 16th Granite

I'm worried. I'm surrounded by idiots.

We need to wall ourselves off. We've got a wall, and a door, and I keep reminding people that we need to get inside the walls, but will they listen? NO...

I've come up with a cunning plan, however.

I've advertised the new food stockpile as a cool place to hang out. Meanwhile, we can use our newfound limestone to wall ourselves off.

Success!

Everybody's inside, and we're trapped. We're supposed to be, of course.

Now that we're completely safe- I think- we can get some more stuff done. First in order is making some farms. We can't last for a hundred years without booze. That Litast idiot can do the farming.

Secondly, we need to dig down, for a few reasons. With no wood, we need to store that booze in rock pots. And Urist McHuman- who didn't come with skills, because we couldn't afford a guy who could- will train up as a stonecrafter. Then, we need to hit the caverns and get a little bit of wood- you can't make beds out of stone, or at least not normally. I remember when I was a kid and Uncle Bomrek claimed that his cousin got a really special microcline bed, but I think he was pulling my leg.

16th Slate: 50 Z-Levels down, we've seen limestone, gneiss, gabbro, diorite, slate, diorite and gabbro again, but not one hint of a cavern. I've had the horse and water buffalo put up for slaughter.

18th Slate: Ascubis came up to me with his plan for workshop and stockpile space. I like it. Work will begin soon.

19th Slate: Well, we start digging into our new design, and lo and behold...

Most excellent. We'll get to work on wood acquisition immediately, whilst I and Wypie dig out the plan elsewhere And I'm tired of Sirocco and Mormota lounging around the food stockpile; this water will be turned into a most excellent well-based meeting spot, with statues and things.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:12:06 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'll take the last dwarf.

name:ascubis
will do what ever you want but later on after there is someone to replace him he wants a sword. :D

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

I'd like to be in on this, Hugo his profession is Drunk Defender. If he's not drinking everyone in the fort under the table, he's murdering something... Anything, sometimes he can put hunters to shame on how many kills he and bring in. He also strives to get promoted as a milita commander and Captian of the Guard, if he can't be a commander, commanding the fortress guard is jsut as good. hes a axedwarf and Any migrant that fits the bill will do. Oh also male please.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add me to the wait list, things could end up interesting.
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

I would like to point out that NRDL said he doesn't want a turn. :D

That Blackadder picture? I laughed. Loud and long.

Journal of Mormota

Well, here we are. I just don't know where here is. I literally can't see farther than ten metres. Anything beyond that is obscured by the snowfall. I don't like this palce any more. I am not getting rich fast enough. Outside, I hear howling. Sometimes I think they're evil beasts, but I quickly remind myself it's only the wind. Hopefully. Inside, we have this cheerful idiot, Sirocco. I feel that soon he will be the only thing keeping the will to live in us alive.

Edit: Please don't keep constantly editing your post, some people might miss it. Also, it's awesome how my dwarf is already making friends with Sirocco. Or Sirocco is just going on his nerves. Whichever you prefer.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:20:40 am by Mormota »
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Journal of Sirocco II: Entry 2

Hey Diary! I still haven't seen tehsid! Oh, do you think that I could find a molerat? If only Eiba were here, he'd know. Mormota is so cheerful lately! I-
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Why are you messing up my shield?! SIRROCO, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO IT! MY PRIZED SHIELD IS RUINED!!!"
"I KNOW RIGHT?! DOESN'T IT LOOK GREAT MORMOTA?!"
"Grrrrr...........SIRROCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Hey mormota, LET'S PLAY HIDE AND SEEK AGAIN!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Wypie

Today i was digging out the stockpiles and found a cavern theres some water in it to... The fish were looking at me funny so im trying not to go down there much.

(btw if its ok i dont really want a turn.)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Journal of Darth Vader:

*Deep Breathing*

*Deep Breathing*

Hooooooooo....hooooooooooo

((I'm doing my best to make a James Earl Jones voice here))

Once you have a teeny bit more space, can you get my guy practicing with his ( what material is his weapon? ) sword?  Please?  We need some defense against the skeletons.  What monsters are out there, if any? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kraos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could I have a turn please? I love glaciers.

I guess i'll dwarf myself on my turn.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit:nah nevermind
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:28:46 pm by Orangebottle »
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Journal of Mormota

Great. Since we got here, I didn't simply not get richer, my artifact shield just lost all its value. I don't know if I'll kill Sirocco or hug him. Probably both. Other than that, not much happened. Miners uncovered some caves, they say. I didn't really pay attention, I was trying to hide from Sirocco behind a barrel. I wonder if those gems are in the caverns. Coming to think of it, I'd hide my fabled treasure in a cave too! And hopefully he won't find me down there.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Journal of Sirocco II: Entry 3

DIARY DIARY! I FOUND A CAVERN FULL OF TREASURE! Well, I can't take all the credit though! If it weren't for Mormota kindly letting me look at his Diary(Maybe it's she-diary! you might have finally found a mate, Diary!), which explains where the cave is! I'm going to give him a BIG hug next time I see him! BYE DIARY!

(OOC: I'm a moron for not seeing fabled next to treasure, but that's what you get for being up at 4:35 am in the morning.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:36:17 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

The diary of dhokarena56, 12th Felsite.

We've decided to keep the food stockpile where it is, for now. Obviously we could move it down to stone at some point, but it's nice to keep it near the farms. Future overseers may wish to muddy some stone. I will leave that project to them.

So now, we have another project on our hands, and that's getting to work on bedrooms.

8th Hematite:
Summer. We're supposed to get a load of migrants this summer, and I'm a bit afraid.

To the east of our little outpost are skeletal reindeer. They're building destroyers, and if migrants come they'll follow them into the fortress. For the first migrant wave we'll just deconstruct and then reconstruct a wall, but...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

I think I saw other named dorfs with military skills other than Vader, use them all to defend the migrants. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5