Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Icemachines, saving the world from starvation [SUCCESSION_FORT][NEED_OVERSEERS]  (Read 33555 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Really, sounds cool and dwarfy
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

Wow, Sphala is not taking the death of her youngest son well.  She won't even acknowledge that he's dead; she keeps spamming me with "Sphala cancels Seek Infant: Infant Inaccessible."

I know what my contribution to this fortress will be: I'm going to fix the magma workshops.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:30:51 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If baby won't get buried, it'll materialize as baby ghost to console it's mother
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

There's never been a good community fortress without Fun!

Or one particularly insane overseer to set the world on fire.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

If baby won't get buried, it'll materialize as baby ghost to console it's mother
The baby was buried, but for some reason Sphala won't stop trying to find her son.  It's actually a little depressing.

Journal of Gizogin, Dark Lord of Icemachines for the year 53
Autumn report:

Not much happened this autumn.  Another FB showed up (An enormous blob composed of salt.  It has a round shell and it undulates rhythmically.), but it's safely trapped in the first cavern layer.  The dwarven caravan showed up, with the liaison, but they didn't have much that we needed.  I got the magma workshops secured (including a staircase that led directly into the magma, which I'm pretty sure was the main route the imps and crabs took to get in).  A few more migrants arrived, bringing our total population up to 102, despite all the deaths to beast sickness and starvation (hospitalized dwarves aren't being fed enough, annoyingly).

This is the stocks screen as it stands at the beginning of winter:

Okay, official update coming soon, but I just had to show you all this:

Yes, that is another FB.  Yes, it did spawn in a place where it's completely trapped (if it could fly, it could escape, but it can't).

On a tangentially related note, how did so much FB extract come to be around the entrance?  Every time a child or animal goes out, it falls unconscious and its feet rot off.  Sphala made the mistake of going out wearing nothing but two socks on her right foot, and she suffered the same fate.  I'm beginning to suspect that this is why the hospital is so crowded.

Winter Report:
Not much happened during the winter.  Another FB showed up, as I showed earlier.  The hospital's full, but the dwarves are getting food and water now.  I had a floor built over the FB extract between the entrance and the depot, and made a huge refuse stockpile just outside.  I also secured the magma workshops.  As I said, my main goal was to keep the fortress alive, which I did.  The population actually went up, and most of the dwarves are no longer unhappy, so I'd call my turn a success.

the save
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:55:52 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any chance I can be added to the succession list?
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If the fort is going to die, let it die to the legions of the circus.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh crap we ran out of overseers. Start from the start of the turn order again? I can't take another community fortress right now, but  the turn after this I'll have time.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh crap we ran out of overseers. Start from the start of the turn order again? I can't take another community fortress right now, but  the turn after this I'll have time.
Well I just sign up to be an overseer, but I haven't been added to the list yet. So it looks like you don't need to start from the top again, unless if no one else asks to join during my turn.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We need to kill everything that undulates rhythmically.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

We need to kill everything that undulates rhythmically.
Or capture it!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I just sign up to be an overseer, but I haven't been added to the list yet. So it looks like you don't need to start from the top again, unless if no one else asks to join during my turn.

Start it up! Orange will add you when he gets back to this thread.

HiritconOvermindGibbross

• Bay Watcher
  • !Why is the rum gone?!
    • View Profile

I Have been reading this over the last few days and I like it ;D. So what version is this and I want a dwarf too. I'm thinking a cook or a hammer dwarf would do. 8)
I might became a overseer in the future. =D
!!!THE WINE MUST FFFFLLLLOOOOWWWW!!!
Also Jesus loves you and wants to help you!
John 3:16-17 (New King James Version)
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

If you have questions just ask.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I be dorfed? :D

I'd perfer a axe dwarf, but any military dorf would do.

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start it up! Orange will add you when he gets back to this thread.
OK, I just wanted to get someone's blessing before I did.

I don't have anytime today, but I will have plenty tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23