Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Icemachines, saving the world from starvation [SUCCESSION_FORT][NEED_OVERSEERS]  (Read 33576 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

I won't be able to post an update today, I'll have to write a long essay. Also, only that miner died on my turn so far.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

How's his description screen?  Covered in scars?  "His skin is gone" or anything like that?

Turns out I was wrong; I played it again. He didn't heal by himself. Some quack came in with a 'Remove rotten tissue' order, which I assumed would kill him. It didn't. He is fully healed; nothing in desc. No scars, missing parts, missing skin, anything. Nothing in health. Wounds are all yellow though. Hell, he got right back to training 30 seconds after being hauled to the hospital.

Either that was one shitty FB plague or the resident doctor practices voodoo.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Professor Harken is a genius, obviously.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

That's a miracle! Ave Atrid! :D :D :D
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Short update: Construction progressing nicely, we're almost out of gold, I'm working on magma and water reservoirs for the arena so the dwarf sitting in the artifact chair will have some pretty nice toys to play around with.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short update: Construction progressing nicely, we're almost out of gold, I'm working on magma and water reservoirs for the arena so the dwarf sitting in the artifact chair will have some pretty nice toys to play around with.

What's the date?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Almost late summer. Got an FB attack, 70 pages of dogs and all of our warriors biting it. Then someone stabbed it through the brain with an *adamantine spear*. Cheveux randomly died. Cancels dig: unconscious, he was struck down. I zoom over there, it zooms on Id the miner. His inventory, specifically. I have no idea what happened.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check the Justice screen, and the combat reports.

ETA:  My guess is that he was struck down after one of our Duke's tin mandates failed, since nobody ever bothered to make a jail.  The handful of cages in a room that we do have isn't a jail - at least as of the latest save I can check, it was never designated as a room or set to be used by justice.  Cages make poor jails anyway, caged dwarves tend to starve or die of thirst.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:22:53 pm by Sphalerite »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

There were no combat reports and no note of him on the Justice screen. I will look into it later.

EDIT: Oh, I was wrong on both of those. He was killed with an adamantine spear, through 2 pages. For a violation of a production order. I'll need to make a jail, won't I!

Second EDIT: Sorry for taking so long, but the constant job cancellations and the low FPS definitely don't help. I played 2 hours today, but it was only one and a half month of game time.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:22:02 pm by Mormota »

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarves need to learn not to walk up to a guy who coulden't make tin items and stab him in the head.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you still playing Mormota? Can we get more detailed updates?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Yeah, I am. Uploading pictures now. Turn is taking very long though, my FPS is around 20 most of the time...

Edit: There you go!

Peregar, one of our soldiers, came up to me today and told me to check his health. Even though I told him I'm no doctor, he insisted on it. With a sigh, I told him to do a few excersises, then performed the same routine examinations our doctors used to do on me. He seemed all fine.

Some dwarves seem unable to get out of the celebratory mood, but they are usually left alone in their drug-induced dreams.

By Armok's fiery beard! A strange beast from the depths! It torched one of our dogs, but the rest piled in on it. The militia is on its way, and shall make quick work of this foul beast.

Our chaplain, Paladin Mitch is the first to arrive, but he is uncapable of piercing the beast's hide, even with his adamantine spear.

A recruit arrives and punches the beast with righteous fury, then stabs it, to no avail. In their blind rage, both he and the chaplain bite on a wing of the beast, and rip them off. What valour!

It was a tough fight, but our soldiers managed to kill the creature in the end with a spear to the brain. Huzzah for the heroes of Icemachines! Huzzah!

I am starting to wonder if our miners are not just impostors. They are constantly worried about the damp stone, even though the Council told them it's just from the lake above us.

Urdim was one of my friends, but he started acting very strangely lately. He wasn't talking to anyone, then locked himself inside a magma forge. I am worried for his mental health.

I do not understand the people I used to know. A recruit gave birth during training. Surely she should have been given a break! I will talk to the Council about this.

Things have been speeding up. Cheveux, one of our finest weaponsmiths was executed for failing the Duke's mandate. Why do even still have a Duke? Not long after, Urdim finished his work. He calls it Plungethin the Girder of Greeness. It's really nice, I hope he'll give it to me so I can gift it to her.

What insolence is this!? Iden, a lowly planter is eating in Ekurlerteth, the Mighty Tangle!

Our militia's training is processing very well, but I'm a bit worried about their sanity. I saw Hatebeard sleeping with his sword!

I thought I saw something move below in the caverns. Must've imagined, I need to go get a drink. Yes, yes, that would do wonders.

A toad! A sign of good fortune! All hail the mighty toad!

A foul horde of goblins attacked us. Everyone seems to have forgotten how to close the main gates, or how to stay inside, so our milita rushed out to engage the golbin army. Hopefully the caravan guards will be enough to keep the civilians safe.

Our forces made quick work of the siege, taking a single casualty. Somehow the foul goblins killed three civilians too, and injured three more. Peregar is also heavily injured, his left upper arm swollen. (Seriously, those three civilians were on like the other side of the map, and weren't migrants. I have no idea how they got there.)

Ach! I couldn't have me drink, the tankard just exploded! This can't be good...

Nobody is willing to check the four wounded, not even Peregar. I am concerned for their lives.

Actually, a miner managed to diagnose him, but the doctors are currently hauling refuse. I hope they will wash their hands before getting to work.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:19:13 am by Mormota »

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, that's a shame. I wanted to see the Icemachine in action again; let the outsiders die. Look outside and forbid every article of clothing out there, and turn off the hauling labour on all the doctors.

Also; I'm awesome. God damn random wrestler stole my kill!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Aw, that's a shame. I wanted to see the Icemachine in action again; let the outsiders die. Look outside and forbid every article of clothing out there, and turn off the hauling labour on all the doctors.

Also; I'm awesome. God damn random wrestler stole my kill!

I was quite panicked when the siege arrived, because I couldn't (and still can't) find the lever to open the main bridge, and there was no inside burrow to retreat civilians to. In the end, I just designated the food stockpile levels and told everyone to stay there while the militia fought. It went fairly well, coming to think of it.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I couldn't (and still can't) find the lever to open the main bridge

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23