Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Icemachines, saving the world from starvation [SUCCESSION_FORT][NEED_OVERSEERS]  (Read 33560 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile

This is looking pretty cool.  Can I be dorfed and added to the turn list?
Name: Gizogin VIII
Any profession is fine for me, but I'd like to be a ranger or a crossbowdwarf.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Earlier someone mentioned the levers being noted; press N and it will give the co-ordinates of the nearest note (feel free to delete my cock-n-balls note if it gets in the way).
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Mormota, are you still playing your turn?  If you're having this much trouble getting through the year, maybe you should just post the save and let someone else play.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

I will upload the save tomorrow. Promise. :D
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Well. I have started uploading. 120-something dwarves left alive, all who are not tantruming, around ten, are locked inside the food and booze stockpiles. The rest will die. I have no idea who thought it to be a good idea to let them make friends, but a huge siege killed most of our army, around two thirds. Tantrum spirals ensued, and I had to make this decision. Named and surviving dwarves is.. Peregar. And that's it. Yup. ‼FUN‼
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

So, you killed the fortress, and didn't even write up how it happened.

Anyone else like the idea of rolling back Mormota's turn and letting LordSlowpoke pick it up from there instead?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, don't worry. I'd just kill off most of them in the most creative ways possible, not write up anything spectacular, and leave you wondering how I did it for the most part. That's how I roll in succession games.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

No need to be a jerk, I just wanted to write it up after I uploaded the save and took some rest. Also. Whoever allowed everyone to become friends with everyone is the one who killed the fort.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8g2d90r4hpk2j89 There you go. It is not killed, anyways. There are a number of dwarves left alive, and they are slowly regaining happiness. And ten are ecstatic.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

my computer is dead. I am typing this from a borrowed computer. my cell broke as well too...why me?! Ah well, STAY FROSTY!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I weren't trying to be a jerk. That's what I do most of the time.

Grabbing the save now.

Edit: You claimed most of them to be tantruming? Barely 15 of 116 are unsalvageable. You scared me a bit there.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:41:25 pm by LordSlowpoke »

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

The jerk part was at Sphalerite, but sorry for that...

Also, this was my first tantrum spiral ever so I panicked. Written update comes when I get home.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

I managed to lose all but two pictures. The two coolest ones, anyway. This will be a more text-packed update.

Autumn has come. And with it, not many things. The human caravan left, and we all kept working on the arena. It is being engraved, and coffins are placed by the walls. It will serve as the resting place of our greatest heroes. Truly a place of wonders. I myself am still working on adamantine armour. When it is done, our glorious army shall be the greatest in the world!

With the departure of the humans, we are entering Stage Two of the Arena's construction: The Water cistern. It is a very risky plan, for we intend to use the water of the third cavern layer. If there are any sort of water-breathing beasts down there, our militia will have to deal with them. Thankfully, the fortress itself is not at danger of being flooded, since part of the Arena's floor is channeled out, allowing the water to drain into the magma sea.

The writing resumes sometime later, but it is not obvious when. A few pages are torn out.

A miner has drowned upon breaching the cavern's lake. Another had his lower spine broken by a rock falling on top of him. Nobody is helping him get to the hospital. He is making his way up the stairs, through the caverns, with fierce determination in his eyes. I wonder if our doctors will help. They should. They better do, or I swear I will strangle them with my own hands! What is with everyone here? If only I could se...

The second half of the page is covered in some sort of blackish-reddish substance. Probably blood.

Our army... So many dead. So many dieing. They killed so many, with such elegance...

Seriously, do I need to explain this pic? He is owning half the siege in a martial trance, and his job is "Training Session"? Aww yeah!

yet they could not prevail. They were swarmed, and one by one, our great heroes fell. Only a bare fifteen of them survived. Fifteen of fifty. Such pointless bloodshed...

A sombre mood fell on the fortress. With the death of not only our army, but the dwarven caravan, it is hard to see hope in this place. I heard deathly wails last night. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a ghost.

A cheese maker attacked the rest of us today. He slammed his fist into Urist once, twice, thrice, before he got a spear in the neck. I feel no remorse for putting him down. He was a killer, a madman, and I will not tolerate that, even if I am but an armourer.

Scorch marks make the next few pages unreadable.

Darkness. Outside and inside, all is dark. It is winter, not only in the world, but in our hearts too. Madness fills the corridors. Nobody is working any more. Some are tearing their hairs out, some are fighting. I am sitting in a corner, weeping at the fall of our glorious fort. But there is one dwarf who is not lost. A lowly craftsdwarf, he scours the fortress for the materials to fullfill his dream. Once he finds and gathers them, he gets to work furiously, as the fortress around him crumbles. From the fires it was born, named Tonegloves. A beautiful artifact, if it weren't for the time it was created.

Seriously. In the middle of a tantrum spiral, one dwarf gets a mood, and makes this, dodging blows as he gathers the materials. Badass.

This has to stop. I have come to a decision. If I have to die, I will, but Icemachines must not. Those with most of their sanity intact shall be walled inside the food and drink stockpiles. The rest of us will die in the cleansing fires of madness.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Hell, what we made the Icemachine for?!
Peregar is a lucky bastard, he he...
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Lets play this out to see how it goes; if we lose I can whip some some Atrid voodoo to roll back the save.

And if we win we'll be the best dwarven mind doctors since Headshoots!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You see, when I said "only 15 are unsalvageable" I meant "I'll be able to stop the death count at 15 if I don't want to have Fun around here"

Our population's sky high, at least for my standards. I'll get the gears in motion when we hit 80 or so. Also, I seem to be getting a strange duplication bug in medical records, it shows our new CMO scraping the same rot, two in-game days straight, and at least two pages, winding him up to Expert almost instantly. This is kinda silly.

EDIT: An update will come when I have something to write about. It's Slate, after all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:17:46 am by LordSlowpoke »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23