Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Arena Battles Redux!  (Read 5703 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Battles Redux!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 01:13:04 pm »

Lobodos vs Gravy
Today we have a battle of two goblins,Lobodos, the armored goblin with a longsword, seeking to free his people from a demon tyrant, and
Gravy, the goblin with nothing in hand but a cruel, powerful shadowsteel scourge.

And they're going at each other, ready to dish pain out!

Looks like Gravy got the first hit in, and the pain is practically paralyzing Lobodos, as gravy jumos away from his slow, weakened, painful attacks easily while still doing damage and horrible, horrible pain to Lobodos all the while.

And... Gravy scratched Lobodos's ear off... and is now back to whipping the crp out of him... and with a sickening thud, he finishes the job by crushing Lobodos's head. Looks like that demon will stay in power... Take your skill and item, Gravy

Spoiler: Combat Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 01:50:56 pm by Powder Miner »

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »

Two pages of beating the crap out of his legs, interesting.

Another skill point for whippings.

I take his pants and wear them as a hat.

(Also, the one item per kill rule seems a bit unfair point wise. You can win against five people wearing full copper and be screwed.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:03:24 pm by Dyg »
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »

Requesting New Character.
Name: Lobodosbo
Race: Goblin (Clone)
Skill: 2 sword, 2 armor use, 1 dodge
Gear: iron long sword iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron boots, iron helmet
Bio: A goblin refuge from the dark tower of the Cruel Sins, he seeks battles in the arena to train for a showdown to free his people from the demonic scourge that shall not be named. Before meeting his death in the arena Lobodos discovered how to clone him self immediately after death.( The secret is soap and dye two objects no dwarf would think to make)

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 05:09:39 pm »

New character, yay!
Name: Flug
Race: Gnome
Skill Choices: 5 Spearman
Items chosen: Shadowsteel Spear
Bio: Just a normal gnome.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:54:06 pm by drakon136 »

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 07:38:09 pm »

Name: Crog
Race:Gnome
Skills:4 shield, 1 sword, 2 dodge
Items: Iron breastplate,iron greaves,bronze shield,bronze shortsword
Bio: OMG ITS A GNOMEEE
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 09:05:01 pm »

Name: Great-Fox
Race: Human
Skills: 2 Archery, 2 Bow, 1 Armor
If possible, I'd like the normal material-point-per-item cost for every ten shots when buying ammo, as well as wooden and leather items at one point per item.
Items:1 black bear leather armor, 1 deer leather trousers, 1 wolf leather helm, 1 two-humped camel leather cloak, 1 willow bow, 50 copper arrows.
Bio: A tribe-less Native American warrior, he works for the highest bidder and slaughters all who stand in his way. A relatively primitive soldier, he wears and carries nothing more than leather armor and his trusty bow.

EDIT: Can I start my own arena battles? I use Civ Forge, and my rules may differ a bit from the original ones, but I'll post regularly. Can I start my own battle arena thingy?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:28:13 pm by UristMcHuman »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 05:16:01 am »

Name: Charzy McDwarf
Race: Dwarf
Skill Choices: 1 Armour user, 2 shield user, 2 speardwarf
Items choosen: 1 Bronze Halberd, 1 Iron helmet, 1 Iron breastplate, 1 Bronze Shield.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:16 am »

Name: Gordon
Race: Elf
Skill Choices: 1 Fighting, 4 Armour Use
Items Chosen: Iron helm, iron chain shirt, iron chain leggings, iron gauntlet on weapon hand, iron maul.
Story: A career mercenary having fought in several long wars, mostly for humans and thus explaining his current accoutrements, but an unexpected long outbreak of peace has seen him seeking new ways to earn ale money, so has entered the Arena to seek fame, girls, and, most importantly, ale.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 09:27:27 am »

It's finet o make a nother thread- there are a ton of them, but I don't want you running the battles in the arena.
Hmmm... well about the items thing, I'm trying to stay as true to the original rules as I can, and it never really made a diference in the first thread, so I think we're fine.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:30:02 am by Powder Miner »

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:03 am »

It's finet o make a nother thread- there are a ton of them, but I don't want you running the battles in the arena.
Dammit. I wanted to see the results of more materials against different types of armor made of the same materials. I'd stick to the original rules, but the materials will be different and have different costs.

Hmmm... well about the items thing, I'm trying to stay as true to the original rules as I can, and it never really made a diference in the first thread, so I think we're fine.
So, I can buy leather and wood items at one point per item, and buy ammo at the material cost for every ten shots, or what?

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 10:03:12 am »

So, I can buy leather and wood items at one point per item, and buy ammo at the material cost for every ten shots, or what?

That part was to me. I'm sure it'll work out fine, but I keep thinking of "person A won against three people wearing full iron (3 item points if sold) while person B won against three people with shadowsteel  weapons (15 item points if sold)"

That would require deliberate stacking against someone though. Still, a rule along the lines of "One looted item or five item points per win" would remove that chance.
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 10:15:47 am »

That part was to me. I'm sure it'll work out fine, but I keep thinking of "person A won against three people wearing full iron (3 item points if sold) while person B won against three people with shadowsteel  weapons (15 item points if sold)"

That would require deliberate stacking against someone though. Still, a rule along the lines of "One looted item or five item points per win" would remove that chance.
Oops. Sorry.

ANYWAYS, can we get to the battles, please?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 01:11:57 pm »

It shall be done.
Eoganachta vs Captain Gobbledigook (running)
Today we have a battle of two shadowsteel-holding dwarves.
Captain Gobbledigook, the unreasonably angry dwarf who is ready to slice some people in half to help vent his rage,
fighting
Eoganachta, the fighting miner who was banished from his mountainhome after he accidentally released the clowns.

They charge immediately at each other, and geez, Eoganachta just got his foot sliced off!

Oh wow, body parts keep flying as captain gobbledigook in short order removes Eoganachta's footless leg at the knee, and then he beheads him! That was quick!
Spoiler: Combat Log (click to show/hide)

Captain Gobbledigook, pick your item/points and your skill point.

In other news, I think we've grown large enough to have a different kind of match!
Three people can volunteer to fight the jaws of six angry lions, and if they win, they get liion leather capes.
1. jimlad11
2. UltraValican
3. firelordsky
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:58:14 pm by Powder Miner »

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 01:34:55 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:46:38 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 01:37:23 pm »

As long as I can equip a chair as a shield while fighting the lions, sure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4