Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Morul II - The Even More Most Interesting Dwarf In The World!  (Read 5518 times)

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: Morul II - The Even More Most Interesting Dwarf In The World!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 05:05:50 pm »

Yea I plan on keeping her safe.. she has absolutely no jobs on besides Broker (took over from him), and being the expedition leader.   Also.. THEY HAVE A SON! Athel "Silverymazes".. he likes Kobolds for their mischief... but other than that, he has no especially good traits or bad weaknesses. 

Also, got Rockcrafting taken care of.  Made quite a few rock pots and a ton of rock Jugs for future Beekeeping.. which I think I'm going to get started now.  I already have 40 Porcelain hives ready to be installed, and by my calcuations, I should need 600 honeycombs to get Legendary in Beekeeping, Pressing, and Waxworking.. since its 30xp per job and each one of those is a single job.. I think.  I'm afriad this might take a while.  From what the Wiki says, it takes 6 months for a hive to be mature to harvest/split, and with 25 of the hives to be used for harvesting (the other 15 are 'breeder hives', that will grow large and be split), I think that might take onwards of 25 years if my calucations are correct.. o.O Anyone know a faster way to get 600 honeycombs?
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 05:21:23 pm »

Lol well that was close.. Morul II got chased by a squad of dark stranglers for a while.  He's very agile, so he was able to out maneuver them for the most part, though he did get into a scuff with one and BIT ITS TOE OFF.  He had some minor bruises but he heals fast, so the only lasting injury is the loss of one of his teeth. 

He's also gained a bit of cave adaptation from his recent bits of pottery and rock crafting.. but now that he's out and about gathering bees, he should be over that in no time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:22:55 pm by Crustypeanut »

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 05:26:57 pm »

The original Morul left all military training till last, as in 40d once a dwarf had become elite they couldn't be deactivated from the military. Now since 2010 this is no longer the case, maybe some early military training could help preserve Morul II when the unexpected happens?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 05:36:44 pm »

Well, I have three axelords, two spearlords, and one hammerlord.. so they can take care of anything thrown at us.  However, I also have like two dozen dogs, I'll have Morul II train half of that and have them follow him around at all times.

ragman le bon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 06:09:13 pm »

Do you have a plan for crutch-walker? In a way it's the odd one out of all of these skills. Save scumming may be the only option, keep sending the poor guy through the same trap, and when you get him to lose a leg, play on.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »

I'd rather have him simply break a leg than lose one.  Multiple times if needed, to get him to Legendary.  And Save scumming will have to happen for that, of course. 

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

Hah that is a good idea, I'll see if I can find one.

Also, I Just traded for enough Leather to get Morul II up to Legendary Leatherworking, although he's still busy installing the hives.  I plan on having him alternate between working on the hives and leatherworking.. Beekeeping's gonna be a long term one.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »

Silly Elves, they don't like you cutting down trees, but are happily willing to sell you tigermen and tigerwomen slaves! I mean the hell.. I just got a Tigerwoman Bowyer and a Tigerman Administrator.

Also, Beekeeping is comeing along faster than originally thought.  He's level 3, nearly 4 in it so far.  I think having those 15 out of 40 hives only for splitting is really speeding things up, though its still going to take years to finish.  He also gets experience from installing said bees, so once he's done he won't have 600 wax cakes for pressing and wax working.. so that'll be a tad longer. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:34:56 pm by Crustypeanut »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 12:50:31 am »

Behold! Helmstail, the Platinum Warhammer!

Worth $91,200 dwarf bucks, I will be giving it to the current resident Hammerlord until Morul II is ready for military duty.  I expect it to be bloodied up nicely when Morul II gets a hold of it.

Also, we are now a Barony.  I gave the honor to one of the more dangerous Axelords, so that when the Baron goes out for a stroll, he won't get maimed like every other Baron i've ever had.  This guy has about 55 kills to his name so far, and he apparently loves spears and zinc items.  Not hard, since I've found Zinc already. 

And Morul II? He's up to five children - three sons, two daughters.  Every 9 months it seems, out pops another one.  When he has time? I have no idea.  He's busy beekeeping, cooking, and planting, she's busy making porcelain jugs or ripping off the elves. 

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 01:42:15 am »

Behold! Helmstail, the Platinum Warhammer!

Worth $91,200 dwarf bucks, I will be giving it to the current resident Hammerlord until Morul II is ready for military duty.  I expect it to be bloodied up nicely when Morul II gets a hold of it.

Also, we are now a Barony.  I gave the honor to one of the more dangerous Axelords, so that when the Baron goes out for a stroll, he won't get maimed like every other Baron i've ever had.  This guy has about 55 kills to his name so far, and he apparently loves spears and zinc items.  Not hard, since I've found Zinc already. 

And Morul II? He's up to five children - three sons, two daughters.  Every 9 months it seems, out pops another one.  When he has time? I have no idea.  He's busy beekeeping, cooking, and planting, she's busy making porcelain jugs or ripping off the elves.
Oh man. I wish I could get some genuinely useful artifact weapons.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 03:01:55 am »

Lol yea, as soon as one of the weaponsmiths went into the mood, I forbid all metals except Platinum, and was fully ready to save scum until I got a mace or warhammer.  Didn't need to though, he made it on his first attempt. 

Also got Cooking out of the way, needed some space in my food stockpile, and at least now everyone's happy to have masterful meals. 

Captured a few elephants and naked mole dogs (Which as I write this, just died of old age.. stupid mole dogs), put them into a large open area to begin breeding.. reading up on Morul I's hunting expedition, I expect this to be.. "Fun". Already have a few elephant births have occured.  I also accidently put a tamed honey badger in there with them.. he's been harassing the elephants ever since. Modded Elephants to need the same amount of grass as sheep, so I might tame a few eventually.

Speaking of Sheep (Morul II loves sheep cheese), I have about two, maybe three, dozen of them in another pasture, which I soon will begin milking and shearing. 

Beekeeping is coming along great, he's up to level 9 in it, and I have well over 100 honeycombs stockpiled.

Also, up to six children for Morul II.  At the rate he's going, we will be able to afford to kill off the rest of the population and have a Legendary Family run the fort..

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2011, 12:48:38 am »

Finished up Planting, now I've began processing the pig tails and milling the dimple cups, while another dwarf takes over the planting full time.  Still working on beekeeping, up to 201 honeycombs and level 11 (almost 12).   I'm glad my initial estimate of 25 years on that was WAYYY off. 

For the milling process, I've got an artifact Gypsum Millstone set up with a windmill (lol gypsum millstone), so he literally just breezes through the milling.  Also, one of his sons, the eldest one, was possessed at the age of 5 and made a wooden figurine of their queen.  No experience due to the possession sadly though. 

Not much else going on so far.. elephants in the wildlife preserve are breeding.. ferric elves and frogmen attacked, glad I made a ramp to one of the ponds a while back, else we'd have lost a spearmaster.. the Duke is up to 114 kills, most of which are notable.. and Morul II's up to 7 children, with I'm guessing another to be born in the near future, knowing him.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2011, 03:57:01 am »

Beekeepings done, it took him about 7 years to do it.. not half bad.  I've given the job now to our current miner (we had two, but one died in a siege), because I believe I'll still be needing more honeycombs for at least wax working.

Speaking of that, Morul II's began pressing the honeycombs.. and I've come to an interesting conclusion while using dwarf therapist - each Honeycomb pressed gives SIXTY experience, rather than 30 like most jobs.  This means I would only need 300 honeycombs to get Legendary in, which I do have.  Now, I'm not sure if the same goes for Wax Working just yet, so I'm going to continue gathering honey. 

While waiting for Beekeeping to finish up, Morul II was working on milling and threshing in preparation for weaving, dying, and clothesmaking. He's level 9 in threshing but only 3 in milling (my dimple cup production was low at first).  I've also done some minor shearing and spinning with the shit ton of sheep we have, but only when he had nothing to thresh or mill.   We're also still low on alcohol, been relying ENTIRELY on caravans for it.  For a while the elves were bringing buttloads of it, but they don't bring as much anymore.  I think once I'm done with Pressing I'll turn all that honey into mead before everyone eats it. 

Also.. we're up to 10 Morul II children now, three of which have had Moods, two of which are Legendary.  One is a bone carver, the other a rock crafter. 

I've also noticed, in regards to military skills, that every soldier is legendary in Observer and very high in concentration.  One is even legendary in Teaching, I'm going to be putting Morul II under his wing eventually, so those skills are definitely possible for him.

And as for the future medical skills, I have a plan set up.  I'm going to be making a height-adjustable shaft (using bridges as floors) for experimentation, and at the bottom will be a completely locked off 'landing zone' with hospital.  Morul II will be locked in, as well as numerous assistants for retrieving the wounded as well as feeding them.  I will drop all the food, booze, and medical supplies they'll ever need, and Morul will have his own suite down there to keep him happy. 

These medical skills will be done after all the other skills except military, and once I'm ready for it I'll turn max population to 200, hope to get tons and tons of immigrants while using the offer of "Free food and booze for no work, visit now!" to use as 'lab rats' for this.  I'll also attract the monarch for shits and grins.   Once I get a large population (i feel my frame rate is going to SUCK during this), I'll turn max population back down to zero and begin the experiment / training / thinning of the herd.  Only one dwarf will be dropped at a time though, so that dwarf will have Morul II's FULL attention.  Once fully healed, I'll re-use the same dwarf at a slightly higher drop each time, until said dwarf is no longer useful for the experiment - aka, once he expires. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:25:13 am by Crustypeanut »

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2011, 03:43:25 pm »

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.  I just caught the High Queen of the Ferric Elves in a cage trap.  Now what to do with her.. I think I'll put her in Morul II's room. 

Kentti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.  I just caught the High Queen of the Ferric Elves in a cage trap.  Now what to do with her.. I think I'll put her in Morul II's room.

You should chain her next to his bed.  ;D
Sorry... :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4