Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48755 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.5a*--->]})| Phoebus & ASCII DF-34.02
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2012, 02:34:39 pm »

Alright. The arena combat logs read a bit weird though. Gets hit in the leg, attacks glances away. Shoudlnt it be: Gets hit in the armor, attacks glances away ? And then: pierces the armor, pierces the skin, and so on. Combat test are ok though, they win 9 out of 10 times against normal dogs, 1:1 against unarmed dwarves, and die against armed dwarves. Maybe the tissue thickness should be slightly higher.

I will make a toy called "animal armor", which needs "armor plates" "metal claws" and "metal teeth" then. It is a bit unbalanced, since you can take 10 dogs and transform that at once, but no way around it. Just tell me when the new dog is done (with the claws/teeth) and I will use it as template for other creatures. I will now go through my pets and see what I want to have in the list. I will also do the graphics.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2012, 03:30:15 pm »

Here is the inorganic mat for the dog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And the new building: Creature Armory (better name ?)

The creatures can be pastured right on top of the workshop, so no need for a 1x1 thing. Looks like a green field with 3 chains, and the lower line is an armorrack, a weaponsrack and a cage. Uses animal caretaking, since that job is not used by anything else.

And here the reactions:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:42:14 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2012, 10:48:28 pm »

Here is a changelog update for V5.0

Quote from: The Log
V5.0
-Fixed Several reactions and buildings due to missing reaction classes
-Upped wagon compacity by %1000 (bigger and better trading)
-Fixed Hammerer skill (I had left it out, now uses Hammer skill for executions)
-Miner's Workshop is now known as Tool Maker's Workshop
-Added Zombie and Skeleton Graphics back in (blood beasts and other regen creatures have graphics too)
-Booze values doubled
-Strawberries, Silver Barb, and Sun Berries can only be brewed at the brewery
-All types of new booze can now be brewed by choice at the brewery
-Plump Helmets can now be eaten raw once again.
-Removed Fences from dwarves (humans still have them, as tehy are more surface based)
-Made the Blast Furnace

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2012, 10:44:46 am »

Hey, just a head-up: The armored pets work fine, BUT

Upon butchering I get: stray armored horse steel <= ???
Maybe we should make them drop a steel bar upon death, would only be fair.

Any input about that ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2012, 11:28:08 am »

Hey, just a head-up: The armored pets work fine, BUT

Upon butchering I get: stray armored horse steel <= ???
Maybe we should make them drop a steel bar upon death, would only be fair.

Any input about that ?
that would because the steel plate is now a tissue and will be dropped on butchering... Can you desinate it to be melted? If not maybe a custom reaction that can take CORPSEPIECE:NONE:INORGANIC:STEEL and melt it down back to a bar? But if that is being dropped, teeth/hoofs/nails/claws/talons will be meltable aswell.

EDIT:
Also if the armored pet simply dropped a bar instead of a corpse apon death that would make players sad or maybe happy that a armored pet is not being raised from the dead to kill them in evil biomes. But it makes sense that when you butcher one you take the armor off first :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:30:01 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:21 am »

It was only upon butchering them, not "normal" death.

I just wondered if the cook would make a steel omelet out of it. ^^ I cant get the new: extra butchery object to work though, tried many different things, now waiting for someone else to manage that. Porcupine that drop menacing spikes would be nice...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2012, 11:53:25 am »

I don't think the steel will be use to cook with (INORGANIC:STEEL lacks any ediable tags) so no fear of people eating the steel ;)

Also the butcher extra I might take a stab at that at some point. When I get a working finding I'll let you know. But i'm pretty sure it has to be in the creature, and the targeted bodypart has to be rather large (fingers and toes might not work but an upper arm/leg might) so your porcupine creature should have rather large spikes/quills so they can yield products when butchered.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2012, 07:08:01 pm »

Took a break from modding and tryed my Mod out, Holy Heavens is it hard. I was just minding my own business with my small military, happliy waiting for the merchants to come (second year merchants) then I get ambushed by blind cave ogres, and another and another. Slowly it killed off my militray (I had one soldier left) every commander had to use dual silver short swords until a commander attacked a zombie and died with the swords stuck in the zombie, which promptly left the map :(

But anyways, the ogres got in and murdered everyone but 3 kids. The ogres cornered one kid which got enraged and proceded to beat the ogres until they got him (he was 3 years old :O ) the other child went nuts in the basement and the other took a room. He help out until more mirgrants could arrive, but I lost all my nobles. I mean I couldn't even assign anyone. So I tryed to drag it out as long as I could, I got to 7 dwarves and retook (by using the rage some dwarven castes have to fight) and held it for two more migrant waves. everytime 1 survived and made it down to the extraction point in the caverns (Skeletons attacked and hunted down whatever they could)

I got a vampire warrior dwarf that has served as a commander in every civlistation she lived in (thats pretty badass I'd say) but due to the fact I cannot assign any nobles or military I had to abadon.

Oh and before everything went tits up, My commander using dual bronze daggers had a epic perry battle with a kobold theif using dual silver daggers.

Moral of the story
Skeletons having the OPOSED_TO_LIFE make them act a little funny as invaders

Zombie bites cause Waaaay too much bleeding (one bite can kill a dwarf)   

Humans and Elves stopped sending merchant reps (or maybe they did and I didn't see the "A Diplomat has left unhappy")

But with the lack of Merchant Guild Rep also got rid of the "Extra" Outpost Liaison for the dwarves (mayhaps a lucky world gen)

Buying booze from the caravans is expensive (260 dwarf bucks, I find that expensive) barrels contain [25] of lowest level booze

invaders and other armed civs that come disregard the fact they need two hands for dual weapons (hold dual weapons in one hand and shield in other) all  can do is imagin they strap the shield to their arm and fight like that

Dwarves dual wielding will switch the hold to one hand if one is broken

Try not to lose your Exp Leader as once he is dead there is no way to assign nobles (could be just an issue with my play through tho)

Emotional Advisors work like a charm (just as long as they have good social skills, namely pacifier and counsller)

Long Beard Females lack beards like I wanted :(

Rock Spikes are not very effective (great for simply battering, breaking, and brusing the invaders before you military)

I should up the time in which cave civs decide to invade (they come fast, and they come in numbers and badass mounts)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

Changelog Update:
V5.0
-Added Zombie and Skeleton Graphics back in (blood beasts and other regen creatures have graphics too)
-Booze values doubled
-Removed Fences from dwarves (humans still have them, as tehy are more surface based)
-Made the Blast Furnace
-Whips have been modified some more
-Advacned Brewing should produce seeds for the brewed item (not flavour or sweetener items)
-Added [SPECIAL_BURIAL] back to some nobles
-Woodworker's Shop changed to Lumberyard
-Lumberyard and Brewery Require Assemblies to be built before you can build them
-Cats no longer adopt their own owners
-Fixed Double Outpost Liaison bug???
-All Organ Tissues have been renamed from "(organ name) tissue" to "soft tissue"
-Humans have a Headsman (Axe) executioner instead of the dwarven hammerer
Things I will be working on next:
-Blast Furnace reactions
-Slag Material
-Adding the "grinder" to the blast furnace assembly
-adding the ability to grind ore for better smelting
-Grinding slag to potash
-Slag Blocks
-Making cave civs come later in the game (at least the blind cave ogres D: )
-Merging Kobold Camp with Regen
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:55:09 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2012, 11:46:58 pm »

the booze problem could be fixed with just having the basic booze cheap, and the other booze expensive. And also you should be proud of how long you lasted. Zombies attacked me before and ripped through my 34 iron armed and armoured guard, they all would just bleed out x_x

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2012, 10:51:26 am »

the booze problem could be fixed with just having the basic booze cheap, and the other booze expensive. And also you should be proud of how long you lasted. Zombies attacked me before and ripped through my 34 iron armed and armoured guard, they all would just bleed out x_x
I guess I can leave plain booze at 5 (is 10 at the moment) and the other advanced booze with their X2 value modifier (20 for good then 40 for exellent)

And yes I suffered at the bleeding out issue as well, maybe 34.xx has had a slight improvement on how syndromes work, as in 31.25 My dwarf/human would get bit, then run off bleeding but make it back with only a "Pale" warning laying in the hospital. So I got to nerf the Zombies Bite syndrome, Might even give every zombie a "animate" spell but only works on creatures they have bitten (must have SYN_CLASS:ZOMBITE) that way people dying from zombie bites get brought back from the dead by a zombie.

Of course that will have to wait, as I only got 3 Blast Furnace reactions (smelters now make steel from iron an 3 coal) I just got to make HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION classes for ore so I can do a generic "batch smelt" reaction (so the blast furnace can work properly) also a grind ore and a reaction that works better (might acaully make the grinder a seperate building so it doesn't hold up the blast furnace) Also have to make Slag (and all the reactions to make stuff from it)

Made the Grinder building looks kinda crappy like some of my workshops, but cosmetics can be fixed easier then trying to re-route reactions and materials

V5.0 looks to be a big update, not to mentions it might not include interactions. :( and the ASCII version might take a bit to release (I've decided to just convert all the tiles from Phoebus by hand everytime as trying to go back and forth applying the new changes would be a hassle (at least with an update this big))

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2012, 01:39:42 pm »

wow thats alot of work

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »

ok I got rough working system for the blast furnace, and slag.

What can you do with Slag? (by product of using the blast furnace)

-You can grind "Slag Chunks" to black sand for glassmaking

-You can grind "Slag Chunks" to make Potash for fertilizer

-You can grind "Slag Chunks" to make "Slag Powder" for glazing (new slag glaze)

-You can compact "Slag Chunks" to make Slag blocks (might make custom block name "Slabs")

The grinder is where you do all the slag grinding (can also destroy stones, and grind ore to chunks)

The blast furnace can use ore chunks to have a better metal output (as most of the excess rock and debris will be removed) but the bast furnace produces alot of Slag Chunks and  requires at least 5 ore/chunks 2/1 flux and 3 fuel

you compact slag chunks at the Mason's Workshop 2 for blocks.

also the changelog up until now
V5.0
-Booze values doubled
-Removed Fences from dwarves (humans still have them, as they are more surface based)
-Made the Blast Furnace
-Whips have been modified some more
-Advacned Brewing should produce seeds for the brewed item (not flavour or sweetener items)
-Added [SPECIAL_BURIAL] back to some nobles
-Woodworker's Shop changed to Lumberyard
-Lumberyard and Brewery Require Assemblies to be built before you can build them
-Cats no longer adopt their own owners
-Fixed Double Outpost Liaison bug???
-All Organ Tissues have been renamed from "(organ name) tissue" to "soft tissue"
-Humans have a Headsman (Axe) executioner instead of the dwarven hammerer
-The "Dyer" skill is used to make all tools/assemblies in the Tool Maker's Shop (tool dyer)
-An Arcitect is needed to build assemlies (mineshaft, lumberyard, brewery, etc)
-You can now cut 1 log into 3 blocks/planks at the lumberyard
-Grinder, vats, large metal banded barrels (very large food containers) can be made at the Tool Maker's Shop
-All fences should be able to be built from both sides
-Using the blast furnace to smelt generic ores will only yield their greatest ore (if copper ore is greater then silver, copper is produced)
-Can grind slag into sand, potash, powder for glass, farming, and glazing
-Can compact slag into blocks
-Using the Blast Furnace purely for Iron will yield small chances for a steel bar and pig-iron (due to the use od flux to run the furnace)
-nerf'd Zombie bite (bleeding out should not be an issue from "one" bite, but many bites still will cause death)
-Zombie bites are now classed as ZOMBITE and will be used for future ref for interactions (last half a year (the classifycation))
-Corpse Grime is now RED was BROWN
-Removed OPOSED_TO_LIFE from skeletons (made their invasions odd, also they already hate everything)
-Removed animal people civs (cave) there should only be Trogs and Gremlins that ambush you underground. they should use weak metal for weapons but their mounts are the real danger
Everything new is bolded and yellow, Now to try and merge Kobold Camp with Regen. And hopefully get some interactions started (as some people might like to play with a less bugged and dangerous version)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »

This is some new addtions to the Change log
-Grinder and Quarry can destroy stones (dwarves have two buildings, humans have 1)
-Merged Kobold Camp with Regeneration
-You can only use COKE to run the Blast Furnace. If you lack COKE sources build a mineshaft and get digging.

I'm just doing some play throughs. Now I'm playing as kobolds atm, I removed anyway of digging for them (completely surface based) when choosing an embark for them make sure there is:
-Infinite Clean water source (brooks, rivers, lakes(fresh water))
-Lots of trees

I might need to do some more work on them (armor wise, maybe the ability to turn bones into blocks and build with) also spells for them. They have no caste, also will have to up their age limit? Donno if people would like to play with kobolds that live only 20 years max (if your lucky). Also thanks to the tool maker's shop and assemblies it is now harder to get to the advanced industry buildings (good is what I think) since you need to build the vanilla industries to get the items needed for the assemblies.

Other then some more testing V5.0 is almost ready for release. Now I just got to tinker with interactions a little bit ;)

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:00 am »

i like the idea kobolds cant dig. i also like that they might die of old age they should live longer then 20 though. possible 40?
Slaying elves since the dawn of time
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19