Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48765 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.5a*--->]})| Phoebus & ASCII DF-34.02
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2012, 09:31:49 pm »

geneforging all the way, but also some tech i think. Mind you this is just my opinion

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »

@joey:
I find it annoying because his order overwrites the first order (from the outpost liaison) so if someone forgets that, they have to re-order everything they wanted, plus all those screens popping up

@Stronghammer:
Alright 1 for Geneforging, anything specific for tech? I saw someone make a Stasis chamber for dwarves incase you have too many people and would like to conserve food and drink until you feel you need that workforce again (kinda of a risk because there is no off, you just gotta wait out the stasis period). Or work on the "Heavy Bolter" some more. Or some way to make obsidain (water and a magma source), Or perhaps special booze that can "boost" your dwarves (nightshade booze that effects the eyes but makes the dwarf resistant to pain, more endurance, and strength. But prolonged use could blind the dwarf and lead to death if used too much). I just love all the new possiblities :)

Of course I have in my mind of getting rid of the brewing  selection for the still and just making the new brewery have that option. maybe even making plump helmets ediable raw again, but upp growing rates for trees and plump helmets.

EDIT:
Herp Derp forgot to unlock to Poll *facepalm* voting is now a go (derrr)

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2012, 10:41:35 pm »

for Others i think full on wizards doing wizard stuff would be neat and not all races would get to use all the magics, and there should be sciences as well gunpowder and such because genoforges sound REALLY future type. and not very fitting.
Slaying elves since the dawn of time

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »

for Others i think full on wizards doing wizard stuff would be neat and not all races would get to use all the magics, and there should be sciences as well gunpowder and such because genoforges sound REALLY future type. and not very fitting.
For geneforging I thought of the game series "Geneforge" by Spiderweb Software, mixed with the idea of Homunculus making. But with a twist from Corneila Funke's "Dragon Rider" where a alchemist seeking a way to turn lead into gold involves dragons, The mentioned alchemist cannot create life but he can take say a fly and transmute it to another form Fly = Homunculus (tiny human). But in my concept (if people like the idea) will be a gnome size creature that you can pasture in your alchemy lab and have your alchemist(s) alter it's Genes to be a smaller, weaker, working dwarf (quick easy labor won't be too good for anything else due to fraility, size, and slow learning)

But gunpowder I have in atm, just only one gun uses it (high end power weapon, still need to mock up a tech tree) but If I go that route I will probally make more gunpower weapons (flint lock pistols with bayonets/daggers/swords, Muskeets or gunpowered rifles with bayonets/daggers/swords) But all I can do with gunpowder is, well just as reagent in making ammo.

Full out wizards I will be giving to Humans, But you want dwarves to have wizards as well? If I go this path should make their magic based off their elemet? (Earth)

But I like your thoughts on these things. But if Geneforges sound too "Back to the Future" would the proposed alterative be medicine/steroid-like-elixers?

EDIT:
I also have a "Grinder" trap weapon that is still waiting for the light of day, it's just chillin in the raws begging me to use it but I have no idea for what.

EDIT2:
Science that I have so far:
Sulfiric Acid
Black Powder (gunpowder) - had a Badass Titan made from this stuff
Ink (may not think Ink is science-tific? Well the making require acid, iron, and tannin (gathered from plants with abnormal growths) and a type of thickener)
Have to add these ones back in:
Mercury extraction (doubles as deadly poison)
Quick Silver making (mercury and silver)(doubles as deadly poison to living, may be a reagent in elixers)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:42:27 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2012, 11:39:48 pm »

well in settings that have wizards most race's have magic some have it more then others do.

and for the GeneForge that sounds more in the theme of things ( i had glass tubes with wires and computers in my head when i read it  :-\ )  sounds nice. they might make good cannon foughter. More elixers and such also sounds cool. theres so much cool stuff that can happen

- it was the "small breeding pet thing that made me think that, i was thinking cats in glass tubes with Green liquids in em"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:43:08 pm by joeybowling »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

So this is how I have this all poll'd out
Tech 2
Geneforging 1
Wizardry 1

These are good things to know :P as I will probally (hopefully) power mod the chosen course of action once I find/fix all bugs from the porting and ones I missed.

P.S. I'm open to suggested opions  ;)

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:44 am »

This mod seems to Be Really REALLY good at industry. And I am Quite fond of Industry. this is a really good mod. Good work so far.

-With the wood industry i am able to make out door houses for people easy
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:43:22 am by joeybowling »

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:44 am »

It might be good to tackle the metal smiting Industry. Make it more efficient Blast furnaces and such. Might be cool.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2012, 09:23:46 am »

Maybe have a way to make steel from just iron and charcoal. Maybe make it use three units of charcoal for one unit of steel. Also, maybe some more alloys.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2012, 11:00:32 am »

So for metallurgy the "Blast Furnace" I might just change the "Miner's Workshop" to "Tool Dye Workshop" or something like that, and it will create needed tools for:

Quarry (Shovel, Hand Cart, Googles)
Mineshaft (Lantern, Shovel, Hand Cart, Mine Cart, Googles, Dust Mask)
Woodworkers Shop (perhaps a logs to 3 planks(blocks) reaction for better wood fort building)
Brewery (copper vat)
Blast Furnace (Bellows, Bar Molds?, Metal Dip cup?)
candleworkers Shop (Candle Mold (for faster candle production))
Gunsmiths Shop (Shell Press, Gunpart Molds (quite a few different types))

This is just a basic Idea of what I'll need, The brewery I'm not %100 sure on what all is used to brew good booze (Stronghammer maybe you can educate me on what vat, things are used :P )

But the buildings that will have an assembly will be:

Mineshaft (already done)
Gunsmiths Shop (pending)
Brewery (pending until more research/info)
Blast Furnace (Pending until I can figure out a nice way of making it make "sense")
Woodworkers Shop (Simple serrated disks, and some other building mats)

@Kisame:
Yup the regular smelter should be able to do that (a normal one will take 4 fuel, where as a magma will only take 3) wil be adding this in.
Also alloys any idea on alloys? and their uses? are you thinking of specific alloys for ammunition? (better arrows, bolts, thrown weapons, shells/bullets)

@Joey:
Thank you :) I am trying to get a perfect mix of good industry, and magic, and combat in. So far it's all just a incomplete mess, magic being the most incomplete. I'm trying to make Dwarves the most industrious race, with humans more magic based mixed with some industry, and maybe kobolds as a magic-ish combat survival race. So that everyone can play their way, or some other way whenever they choose.

Looking into Blast Furnances, seems legit. I guess a way to mass smelt ore would be nice, since flux and alot of coal is used, should I have Iron mass smeltings have a chance to yield Pig Iron and Steel bars every now and then? Say an added bonus for mashing so much materials into one furnace.

@Stronghammer:
Like mentioned above, I would like to make the Brewery more advanced/realistic for these very facts:

1. I'm increasing the cost of booze more

2. Better booze will have +/- syndromes (slight numbness (good/bad?), slightly more strength, slightly more endurance, easier to anger.) that get more potent with the level of booze

So with this in plan, having a fortress drinking only this stuff might be a bad idea during a tantrum spiral as all teh "drunk" dwarves will be able to clobber each other easier :P

Basic Idea post:
I might make a few castes of dwarves (maybe standard or the scholor) have a cleaning interaction (like cats) maybe even a fist bumping (greeting) one for War Dwarves kinda like a  "Brethen before wrenches" bro fist thing.

The Cleaning Idea I like alot, since standard washing leaves puddles of crud on the ground (which someone can step in and get infected)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:27 am »

Plants for upgraded drinks (no syndromes yet, but had the same idea) they have 10*value then the normal drinks they are based upon:

plant.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reactions, they need 25 drinks, 2 random plants and a bag of sugar (from sweet pods)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:11 am »

Thanks meph, but with the help of Stronghammer I had came up with this idea:

Spoiler: Advanced Booze (click to show/hide)

The upgraded booze is within one plant, saving on the food stockpile so there is no:

Plump Helmet
Plump Helmet Upgrade
etc...

Of course you could just make that easier for yourself with this tag for each plant

[BASIC_MAT:PLANT_MAT:(parent plant's ID):STRUCTURAL]

That way the new plump helmet (or other plants) should show up all as the same plump helmet, Of coures I have no idea on how DF will handle this :/

But thank you for your consideration :)

EDIT:

Also I believe Ross removed the [NO_EMOTION] tag from war dwarves, wondering if anyone would like that one back in. Or the possiblety of a War dwarf going mad from his/her losses seem legit?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2012, 01:18:21 pm »

I got the ok to merge Kobold Camp with Regen, this should speed up the "Kobolds Playable" feature I was aimming for.

Also anyone know a good site or something that has a decent and flexible poll system? As these polls I'd like to have more then just one selection, and saddly this fourm lacks that flexiblity without creating a whole new thread on the simple topic.

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2012, 06:06:24 pm »

Yea that sounds Cool for blast Furnaces, the chance for steel would have to be rare (because its steel and should be harder to get) but pig iron chances should be idk like 20%ish... i dont know much about pig iron and such.

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2012, 09:20:46 pm »

Hold on... remember that weird thing when i could not use my sheriff and such, i think my fortress were humans and they cant use them or something and they dont get the buildings i guess...  how did i get to humans =/
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19