Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48800 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.4: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:24 pm »

Sorry I am so damn slow.

Also, HORSE SIEGE!?

HORSE SIEGE!?!?! That must be only on your end lol, cause my test forts I haven't seen anything odd as of yet. And that's ok I got quite a few bugs to fix and some more features to jam it while I wait.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2012, 03:46:21 pm »

They came on their own. No riders, just... horses. Cowardly horses who run from dorfs instead of attacking.

All of the damn horses are caged and I'm STILL under siege. No invaders on the map.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

That is messed up, which civ do you think it might be? (what season did the siege happen?)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2012, 12:32:47 am »

A human siege showed up.

Then a evil elf siege.

Then a horse siege.

If it helps, at some point, the Evil Elf Hammerlord and the Human Spearlord who didn't eff off with the rest of the siege got ON two of the horses and rode around for three hours RL. I know they got on because I was staring at them being in a single spot until the horse-herd ran by.

I'm probably gonna abandon and regen the world. D:

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:46 pm »

Argh and Yay

New Version of DF is a YAY because of all the new interactions

ARGH because now I must port V4.5 to the new version aswell as learn how to use all these new tasty features

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »

It seems I can easily port castes and such over without problems (just from a quick look over), Will have to alter my UNDEAD to have the new tags (also give zombies a ressurect interaction)

The Advanced Bone Structure will be easy, as it took me only a few seconds to add it in.

Reactions and buildings, no problems there.

V4.5 should be on a decent roll here, Probally won't add any interactions as of yet. I want to got this version out soon.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:39 am »

YAY ARGH. Once LNP updates and you update, it's re-re-gen the world time!

And like. I can do the plants. >.>

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »

I've ended the voting for the Poll.
Dwarves got a 16
Humans a 3
Kobolds a 6

So I now know that what I should be working on for V5.0 is:
Giving Dwarves magic/Science like spells, maybe even a obsidain golem casting building letting you take some alchmecal stuff and scrifice a dwarf to be cast into a golem.
I did say magic, but I think I'll make dwarves more Science based. They might have some magic, but nothing special. Like maybe war dwarves having a "Rally" or "Rage" power that gives him and fellow squad mates a slight combat boost for a bit.

Then work on Kobolds, Probally castes first (normal female/male, special pet female for rapid breeding, fighter female/male, and then shamans male/female) then some reactions to make wooden spears and the like, also cold forging crude metal weapons from hammering raw copper, and attaching large daggers to wooden spears to make crude metal spears and attaching short swords to spears to make crude metal glaives.

Humans will have the Temple of Regeneration altered and a few other church like buildings (shrines, chapels, etc) in which humans will get a wizard/witch caste added for the use of spells, and keep the priest/doctor caste aswell.

---------

In other news I'm clearing up all the new animal people and a bunch of the other animal people. I'll leave in some animal people the one's that are badass or seem like they make sense. This is the current changelog:
Code: [Select]
V4.5
-Removed Dwarf Hack from the download. (notice when college checker blocked the .exe(s))
-Fixed the issue of confusing "forge/make (weapon)" since they are all different (no more Forge Battle Axe (x3))
-Most new weapons can now be made from stone again
-All throwing weapons now have a "(t)" at the end of their name to say they can throw stuff
-"Sweet" reaction_classes have been added to "Dwarven Suger", "Dwarven Syrup", and "Royal Jelly (bees)".
-Prickle Berries, strawberries, and fisher berries now are in the "Flavour" reaction_class
-Strawberry wine is now valued at 15 (royal/golden stamp is 20) but strawberry wine cannot be upgraded due to it being a flavour plant.
-Sun Berries and Silver Barbs their booze cannot be upgraded but their booze value is 30 (very very high)
-Vanilla plants now have Material_Reaction_Classes for their higher lvled booze
-Added the Brewery, and reactions to make higher Level'd drinks (more value at more drink)
-Added Ross's New Castes had to alter them slightly
-Reworked dwarven combat moves to be more effective (instead of being less effective...)
-Removed magic and religion from dwarves by making priests into scholars but now dwarves are more incline for Science.
-Golem Obsidian now as strong as Iron (obsidian is not very tough stuff, Sharp but not tough)
-Long Beard Dwarfs are the true Dwarven Breed even women  boast of beards.
-Good Elves now only have a battle mail (covers everything)
-Maces and Warhammers now have varied attacks that slowly get stronger
-Whips and teh like are nerf'd some more
-Humans now have the Temple of Regeneration, But no longer can use Adv. Alchemy
-Still now allows for selective brewing
-Blunt weapons have various attacks that increase in damage and force (bash, smash, pummel, swing with force at, and jab)
-Edged weapons have various attacks that increase in damage and penetration (slash, cleave, swing savagely, thrust)
-Dual weapons now have a dual weapons attack(s) that simply say "Hacks at with dual (material) (weapon)"
-Quarry now has deeper stones progressivly require more tools to aquire. still better then the mineshaft.
-Damp Soil (aquafier) got the [SOIL] tag attached to it, due to being able to get boulders of damp stone. Will have to find a new name for damp soil.
-Fixed a few issues with selective brewing, which would try and brew Fisher or Prickle Berries altho they lack alcohol that is even brewable
-Had to fix an issue where selective brewing at still produced "drinks" instead of desired booze.
-Gnomes as civs have been removed
-Ported to Newest Release.
-Removed several "animal peoples" the ones that just make no sense on being alive. (basically unneeded filler)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2012, 04:06:23 pm »

Hey, to safe you some work: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101264.0 On the first page you will find everything you need for your golem, I had the very same idea. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:52 pm »

Hey, to safe you some work: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101264.0 On the first page you will find everything you need for your golem, I had the very same idea. ;)
Thank you very much Meph :)

This will help me farther that golem production and or others I have planned.

Got the errorlog down to this:

Spoiler: errorlog (click to show/hide)

Easy Fixes also will be making a new way so that boulders of certain materials cannot be viewed in the stone stockpile.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:41:45 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2012, 05:49:52 pm »

a new way so that boulders of certain materials cannot be viewed in the stone stockpile.

Still have to do that as well. Even traders sometimes try to bring weird stuff...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2012, 05:56:34 pm »

a new way so that boulders of certain materials cannot be viewed in the stone stockpile.

Still have to do that as well. Even traders sometimes try to bring weird stuff...

I was thinking of embedding the materials into an non-exsistant plant/creature, But if I use a plant it will count as wood (offends elves) so maybe a creature then (kinda like what I do for my paper types). But that leads to another question, How will they be stockpiled? Because my "Tallow" candles and I think even my "Paper" doesn't get stockpiled (same with my books) argh the limitations and freedom of modding eh?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:01 pm »

Well, I dont want it stockpiled, since it is mostly exploding/boiling stuff anyway. I just want to get it out of the stocks screen.  Which material template would you recommend ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2012, 07:07:30 pm »

Well, I dont want it stockpiled, since it is mostly exploding/boiling stuff anyway. I just want to get it out of the stocks screen.  Which material template would you recommend ?
I would recommend placing it as a creatures material then

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the materials you can change to whatever, Since the [DOES_NOT_EXSIST] tag is on there it won't show up anywhere (arena, legends, engravings,  etc) and I think they will not show up in teh stockpile either. I will be going this route for some of my materials (coal dust, and some others not sure which ones yet)

EDIT:
This is a slightly hacked apart version of my WRITTEN creature whic I use for paper types (for written books)

EDIT2:
V4.5 for the old 31.25 and 34.01 has been released. Any newer versions will be released for 34.01
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:12:21 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.5*--->]})| Phoebus old and new
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »

*FacePalm* forgot to update 34.01 body_default.txt so now the ADVANCED BONE STRUCTURE is kinda useless atm, will post a quick fix in this reply once I get it done, then update the OP to house the fix until the next release of the Mod

I was going to post the hotfix for the ABS but it's waaay too big to post in a single post. I guess it's not that breaking.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:14:29 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19