Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48798 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.4: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2012, 09:32:07 am »

I see that Dwarves are leading in the poll. but humans got 1 vote.

So my plans are, Dwarves will be more geared to science (more advanced weapons and such)
Dwarves will no longer have priests but Scholors

Humans will get the TOR but lose some of their alchemy (making poisions will pretty much be it for them)
But prayers will be answered by their gods, granting food (fresh or rotten vermin) I'll have to think of more Goddly things to add

Kobolds will be on hold to be playabe until I can mock up a decent sprite list.

Also I should at some point caste out goblins, so ambushes and sieges by them are more diverse anf vary in challenge

EDIT: Reply 150 :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:37:27 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:32 pm »

I played around with Ross's castes just reorganizing them. I seem to have missed an assignment of ATTACKS as dwarves have two of the default attacks. Which I can't see that being possible as DF would have freaked out.
Pre-EDIT
I think I have fixed the issue of the double attacks, odd that DF didn't pick up on it :/ Also might have to rename the "chomp" attack, I donno what you would call a "harder bite" perhaps call it "savage bite"? Also I will be renaming salve dwarves (dwarves don't support slavery, well not their own kind lol) And how Ross has it, this is what the military scale is for the castes

Warrior Dwarf
Standard Dwarf
everybody else

So I might just call slave dwarves "dwarves" and rename "dwarves (standard)" to something more fitting. Also Dwarven Priests are now Scholars and magic or religon are not in any castes (but science is)

standard dwarves now have some special attacks, and warrior dwarves have those special attacks and a few more violent ones. Attacks have been remade to be more deadly (the new ones) and warrior dwarves new special attacks are even more deadlier. But the Golem is still a death machine.
Spoiler: Golem Story (click to show/hide)
I am also tempted to allow Golems to at least learn their base combat skills (slowly tho).

Next is making more Weapon Attacks for more inmersive and challenging combat (dual wield weapons will be very deadly, so will blunt weapons even a cotten candy mace might have a fighting chance with this upgrade)

I still have to wait for Ross's advanced plants (don't worry Ross I know you said Sunday :P)

And I will probally be working on and off Human and Goblin castes, not to mention the whole moving of buildings and reactions for humans and dwarves. Also reactions to make poisons. Hopefully Ross has put plants in like 'Night Shade' or other poisonous plants. If not I'll have to make due with the plain old Mercury that I have in already (have to make it so it can affect the targets through the blood and put a step by step guild on how to poison weapons/ammo)

Note with that, a way to extract creature venom for use in this (even upgrades for venom/poison)

When I get Kobolds in their main tactic will be probally the use of poison/venom

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:18 pm »

Longbeard dorfs!

I had some poison oak raws at one point. Of course, it's set up for the poison oak oil to be burned and inhaled.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:POISON_OAK] [NAME:poison oak][NAME_PLURAL:poison oak][ADJ:poison oak] [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE] [MATERIAL_VALUE:1] [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL] [PICKED_TILE:45][PICKED_COLOR:4:0:0] [DRY][BIOME:NOT_FREEZING] [VALUE:5] [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:EXTRACT:PLANT_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen irritating oil] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:irritating oil] [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling irritating oil] [MATERIAL_VALUE:100] [DISPLAY_COLOR:4:0:0] [EXTRACT_STORAGE:FLASK] [ENTERS_BLOOD] [PREFIX:NONE] [SYNDROME] [SYN_NAME:irritation rash]  [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INHALED]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:20:PROB:80:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL::EYES:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_SWELLING:SEV:90:PROB:80:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:EYES:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_OOZING:SEV:50:PROB:80:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:EYES:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:50:PROB:80:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:EYES:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:50:PROB:60::RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:50:PROB:50:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:600:PROB:40:BP::RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:50:PROB:30:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:EYES:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:600:PROB:80:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYES:ALL:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:600:PROB:20:BP:BY_CATEGORY:LUNG:ALL:RESISTABLE:START:50:PEAK:1000:END:2000]
[EXTRACT_STILL_VIAL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:EXTRACT] [SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER] [FREQUENCY:5] [CLUSTERSIZE:1] [PREFSTRING:deadly smoke]

I can change [syn_inhaled] to [syn_contact], take out [enters_blood], and make it swellling/oozing/pain. Maybe. xD
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:09:18 pm by Ross Vernal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2012, 06:33:07 pm »

That will work for a starter poison :P Thanks Ross

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2012, 01:04:32 am »

Here is the current Changelog at the moment

V4.5
-Removed Dwarf Hack from the download. (notice when college checker blocked the .exe(s))
-Fixed the issue of confusing "forge/make (weapon)" since they are all different (no more Forge Battle Axe (x3))
-Most new weapons can now be made from stone again
-All throwing weapons now have a "(t)" at the end of their name to say they can throw stuff
-"Sweet" reaction_classes have been added to "Dwarven Suger", "Dwarven Syrup", and "Royal Jelly (bees)".
-Prickle Berries, strawberries, and fisher berries now are in the "Flavour" reaction_class
-Strawberry wine is now valued at 15 (royal/golden stamp is 20) but strawberry wine cannot be upgraded due to it being a flavour plant.
-Sun Berries and Silver Barbs their booze cannot be upgraded but their booze value is 30 (very very high)
-Vanilla plants now have Material_Reaction_Classes for their higher lvled booze
-Added the Brewery, and reactions to make higher Level'd drinks (more value at more drink)
-Added Ross's New Castes had to alter them slightly
-Reworked dwarven combat moves to be more effective (instead of being less effective...)
-Removed magic and religion from dwarves by making priests into scholars but now dwarves are more incline for Science.

and here is the to be done list

Code: [Select]
-Remove Mountian and dark gnomes as Civs
-Make more weapon combat moves
-Try and add castes to goblins (and maybe kobolds)
-Add a reaction that allows you to make seeds from logs for planting
-Give Humans the TOR
-Figure out how to use Raw Tile Selector so I can get a ASCII Version out. (and maybe other tilesets/graphic packs)
-Make Raw only packages as well as the Plug and Play downloads
-Do some work with poisons.
-Name dawrves (standard) longbeard dwarves (females will have beards too) thanks ross

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2012, 10:12:28 pm »

I'm just leaving this here.

Maybe this will help with the brewing?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »

I'm just leaving this here.

Maybe this will help with the brewing?
your "here" link is broken? lol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 28, 2012, 04:22:35 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96679.0

D:
I was starting at that topic all day yesterday, I like the indiv. Milling reactions. Brewing I can do that too (at some point) wouldn't take too long I surpose. But with all the new plants you have how many are brewable?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17:18 am »

I have to read this.

I have to delay it. I'm sorry -I really hate to flake, but holy CRAP is 21 units a lot.

Somehow, I forgot what it was like in freshman year in 05 when I did 21.5 units and worked full time... yeah, I took a year off. Six years double major double minor. SO MUCH WORK.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

Holy Thats worse then all my programming text books together (altho the networking book is rather large and complex) It's alright if you have to delay. I'm still working on Weapons and converting buildings from Dwarves to Humans. Also that Tile wizard utlity is too confusing. I'm going to have to port all the tiles back to ASCII (again) by hand

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:25 pm »

I'm moving onto passing the TOR and reactions to humans, making deeper stone types require more tools (and special alchemy ones like LVL 5 mining Ops)

I can't think of or come up with any new ideas for attacks for weapons (other then giving blunt weapons a slightly stronger bash attack and a other weaker shaft/pommel attacks)

Whip weapons have been nerfed a bit more they are pretty decent against unarmored foes, and should be weaker against armored units.

And with this make each booze type brewable by command (brewery and still)

Sometime I have to get around to making ADVANCED building assembly(s) just like the MINESHAFT is.

Oh and here is the current changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Got sucked back into weapon attacks again, as I had found out how to word the attacks properly
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:32:10 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »

Nice work on the new changes. Wonder what exactly "dwarven combat moves" are, and how you upgrade specific drinks though.

Any idea when your next release might be ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »

Nice work on the new changes. Wonder what exactly "dwarven combat moves" are, and how you upgrade specific drinks though.

Any idea when your next release might be ?
Im hoping my next release will be soon. I think I will finish up with Adding more attacks to weapons, add a few things to humans (prayers and whatnot) also little shrines/alters to pray at. I wanted to get venom sacs into poisons creatures so when you butcher them you can extract venom from the butcherd sacs.

Oh and that idea you gave me about helm_crowns

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:20 am »

Sorry I am so damn slow.

Also, HORSE SIEGE!?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19