Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48834 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.4: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »

Nice Idea :) I like how you try to make it harder to build them by adding a big amount of building mats.

And if the barrels cant hold 50 drinks, just produce 2 barrels with 25 drinks each.

Do you have WorkshopDraw ? it is awesome for building design, I just made all my magma refineries.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

Nice Idea :) I like how you try to make it harder to build them by adding a big amount of building mats.

And if the barrels cant hold 50 drinks, just produce 2 barrels with 25 drinks each.

Do you have WorkshopDraw ? it is awesome for building design, I just made all my magma refineries.
1- I try. But after a while I will create assemblies for buildings that require alot a materials (like the mineshaft) so that it reduces first page clutter.

2- Yup that was the original idea ;)

3- yes I do, it's a life saver. But I still have to get the plan made up  :D

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »

Ya that plan looks pretty cool and indepth i cant wait to play test it

Tolarean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »

Most likely this is a stupid (and very un-dwarfy) question to ask, but here goes:
Ive been trying to make a human fortress, but somehow, even if i come everything from the mountain entity over, they cant seem to be able to build a gunsmith workshop. How can this be fixed?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2012, 05:49:12 pm »

Most likely this is a stupid (and very un-dwarfy) question to ask, but here goes:
Ive been trying to make a human fortress, but somehow, even if i come everything from the mountain entity over, they cant seem to be able to build a gunsmith workshop. How can this be fixed?
Ah you want humans to use bolters?

drop
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:AMMO_REGEN]
into the workshop area for humans in the entity file then.
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_STEEL_BOLTER]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_COPPER_SHELLS]
   [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_LEAD_SHELLS]
in there aswell. That will allow the making of Bolters and the ammo.

Humans also need    [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_BLACK_POWDER]
or all you can do is make Bolters but no ammo.

Ammo takes 20 copper/4 lead bars and a bag of black_powder to make 500 copper shells/100 lead shells

EDIT:
Humans were meant to be played differently then dwarves but that is progressing slowly, So the above will help you use !!DWARVEN SCIENCE!! for humans
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 06:24:58 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »

Finally got some time to some modding, Getting the extra Drink Materials jammed into the orginal plant is working out better then expected. After that is done, will work on the Brewery layout, then the brewing reactions (should be fairly easy)

Also new planned feature to got with the current ones:

Kobolds Playable, koblolds will live for 50 - 55 years, but females will lay 5-7 eggs be PET. Males will be very common and growup in 1 year (will mature in 5 tho) there will be super strong kobolds that will be the blunt of the military. Kobolds will be able to take fallen metal weapons and armor and make crude "metal" bars to make their armor and weapons. Other then that bone and wood are basic starting gear. Shovels will be modified for kobold digging use.

More Combat moves with different attack effienentcies (Punching might be better then a quick jab)

More weapon attacks (from weak quick attacks to deadly power attacks)

Advanced Brewing

EDIT:
Also make some Hard Wood Trees more denser (good for blunt weapons) and expensive, and make Soft Wood Trees lighter/sharper (arrows? spears?)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:19:38 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 04:42:55 pm »

I'm not sure about tallow in alcohol, even to collect particles. I suppose it would be more practical to just use tallow than it would be to use, say, charcoal and sand to filter, or "fine paper", but something about the idea of fats in alcohol just... eew.

On that note, is it possible to turn regular alcohol into aged alcohol, too? I know it is possible to "age" alcohol with a small barrel, some sugar, and proper application of heat, but it would be interesting to have a barrel to barrel reaction.

(also, sorry about the delay in replying to the PM)

EDIT: I am doing some Rawmancy to construct a mod mash-up. I will post some editing and spelling corrections in spoilers. :)

creature_standard
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:57:00 pm by Ross Vernal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2012, 10:29:42 pm »

I'm not sure about tallow in alcohol, even to collect particles. I suppose it would be more practical to just use tallow than it would be to use, say, charcoal and sand to filter, or "fine paper", but something about the idea of fats in alcohol just... eew.

On that note, is it possible to turn regular alcohol into aged alcohol, too? I know it is possible to "age" alcohol with a small barrel, some sugar, and proper application of heat, but it would be interesting to have a barrel to barrel reaction.

(also, sorry about the delay in replying to the PM)

EDIT: I am doing some Rawmancy to construct a mod mash-up. I will post some editing and spelling corrections in spoilers. :)

creature_standard
Ah thanks for that description fix :) also just let me know what files you are working on, just so I don't make a change/fix that would over-ride yours. I'm mainly working with 'building_regen' and 'plant_standard' but I did drop that fix in.

And as for the tallow in booze, I'm sure the dwarves would skim that out :P (with a device or their beards (humans for sure would use a screen))

aging normal booze might be a little hard, since I do want to mass produce 'aged/smooth booze' due to the fact that the reaction would use a 'whole' bag of suger regardless of what I do. And some barrels would have more or less booze in them which will make a 'magically' loss/gain of booze. Also juggling all the 'contains' reagents would be a slight hassle. Hopefully next release will allow a more indepth useage of raws and I can do this. But I will keep this in mind :P

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 12:19:12 am »

Some of this is style stuff, too. Feel free to ignore whatever you like.

creature_standard

creature_regen

creature_regen_undead

I replaced "Turned undead" with "It has risen as a zombie" and "It has been risen as a skeleton", respectively.

[DESCRIPTION:A large-sized humanoid made from bones of various creatures. Beware its destructive power!]
[/spoiler]

entity_default, entity_regen, building_regen, and item_tool_regen

altar instead of alter

I'm learning by looking at how you did this, too. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:50:37 am by Ross Vernal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2012, 12:42:32 am »

I'll be looking at entity_default and then creature_standard for a while, but I can look over other ones.
Sounds good too me, Maybe you can find out why Dwarves (so far) get two outpost Liaisons

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2012, 01:06:10 am »

Can't see any duplicates or anything... I put bookkeeper back into the raws, though. I dunno if that makes a difference.

As far as what I am doing personally, if anyone is interested:

Wood, metal, stone, flesh, and slave dwarves. I'm having the flesh dwarves be the priests, too - it makes sense for the priests to deal with the dwarven bodies. I'm adding a few more plants and trees. xD
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:46:06 am by Ross Vernal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2012, 12:55:48 pm »

Can't see any duplicates or anything... I put bookkeeper back into the raws, though. I dunno if that makes a difference.
I was hoping to limit the amount of nobles because of the extras I put in, but if re-adding the bookkeeper does the trick then I guess he can stay.

As far as what I am doing personally, if anyone is interested:

Wood, metal, stone, flesh, and slave dwarves. I'm having the flesh dwarves be the priests, too - it makes sense for the priests to deal with the dwarven bodies. I'm adding a few more plants and trees. xD
I forgot did you release your modfication? or was that only in Faithfulstabs?

Now I don't want to derail my own thread, what type of plants you adding? because I need some Spices/Herbs for the "Golden Stamp/Royal" Booze making. That is if your willing to share those :P

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2012, 02:50:17 pm »

Only Faithfulstabs so far.

I am borrowing from Chariot's plant mod and the mod of that mod (Flora and Fauna), and CivForge.

Chariot: vanilla beans, cubeb pepper, peppercorn, saffron, roselle (hibiscus), sugarcane, cave mustard, cave cocoa, cave agave

CivForge: cinnamon

Flora/Fauna: wild sage, rosemary, anise, basil, tarragon, thyme, fennel, oregano,  mint pepper, purple mint, red mint, parsley, spearmint, watermint, wool min, wormwood, cinnamon fern, tea, black pepper, ginger (problems with graphics pack, possibly)

I am planning on adding basil, cloves, coriander, cumin, dill, epazote, lavender, licorice, nutmeg, and tumeric.  Sometime. It might take me a little bit - I've only ever made like six plants. Though I do have a lot of raws to work off of.

EDIT: What's this, errorlog? Attacks seeming right but no body parts?

REEEEE-DOOOOO FROM RAW RAW TIME! Making Dwarven Sparta/India is hard...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:47:10 pm by Ross Vernal »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2012, 08:43:19 pm »

Only Faithfulstabs so far.

I am borrowing from Chariot's plant mod and the mod of that mod (Flora and Fauna), and CivForge.

Chariot: vanilla beans, cubeb pepper, peppercorn, saffron, roselle (hibiscus), sugarcane, cave mustard, cave cocoa, cave agave

CivForge: cinnamon

Flora/Fauna: wild sage, rosemary, anise, basil, tarragon, thyme, fennel, oregano,  mint pepper, purple mint, red mint, parsley, spearmint, watermint, wool min, wormwood, cinnamon fern, tea, black pepper, ginger (problems with graphics pack, possibly)

I am planning on adding basil, cloves, coriander, cumin, dill, epazote, lavender, licorice, nutmeg, and tumeric.  Sometime. It might take me a little bit - I've only ever made like six plants. Though I do have a lot of raws to work off of.

EDIT: What's this, errorlog? Attacks seeming right but no body parts?

REEEEE-DOOOOO FROM RAW RAW TIME! Making Dwarven Sparta/India is hard...

If you are adding these new plants into regen for all the Herbs/Spices/Berries/Fruit could you add [REACTION_CLASS:FLAVOUR] to the structual material?

Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
                  --[REACTION_CLASS:FLAVOUR]--
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTUAL]
I am pretty sure that should allow me to use use a quick "[Plant:none:none:none] [reaction_class:flavour]" for brewing Lvl 3 drinks
Also do you prefer me to Email you? or PM you here?

As I would like to maybe dust off my old IRC modding room for disscusions. Of course simple PM's/Emails work too

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2012, 09:08:27 pm »

Also for those using V4.4 and are having trouble with the "WTF Am I Making?" bug that is ravaging the forge and any weapon making the weapons are teh reverse order of this list (aka Bottom to Top)
Code: [Select]
[DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_DUAL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE_DUAL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_THROW_AXE_BATTLE]
[AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_AXES]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HAMMER_WAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT_DAGGER]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT_DUAL]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MACE]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW]
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CROSSBOW_BAYONET]
so when you see the:
forge "metal" battle axe - Throwing Axe
forge "metal" battle axe - Dual Axe
forge "metal" battle axe - Normal

this is how the list goes in game, so that goes for all the weapons too, so remember the "NORMAL" vanilla weapons are the very bottom of the group
no need to worry about this in V4.5 as I have fixed all the names, so they will show up in forging properly.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19