Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48823 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.3: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus still
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2012, 10:29:49 pm »

As so would you prefer the "Brewery" to take a plant, bucket of water, (where and what contains yeast? How to obtain?) and sweetener to make good booze
then that same thing + barries/herb/spice to make exellent booze.

This please. For yeast you wouldnt need to worry for during this time wild yeast appears on the skins of fruits.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »

Can you explain to me what the tech levels mean? I am interested in using the mod (it looks pretty dang cool) but some of the stuff is a bit confusing.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:10:10 pm by Xelanthol »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:11 am »

Can you explain to me what the tech levels mean? I am interested in using the mod (it looks pretty dang cool) but some of the stuff is a bit confusing.
Tech Levels? You mean the "Mineshaft", "Quarry", and "Temple of Regeneration"?
So far I still need to make more tech trees (Gunsmith's Shop, Temple of Regen)
But the "Mineshaft" has the most complete tech tree
-You need to build a Miner's Workshop and a Woodworker's Shop
-in the Miner's Workshop you need to make 10 Mine Tracks, and in the Woodworker's Shop 8 Posts/Beams
-Then you can take those 10 mine tracks and 8 posts/beams and 25 stones to make a Mineshaft Assembly
-With the Mineshaft Assembly you can now build the Mineshaft.
-The miner's workshop and mineshaft work hand in hand together also the Candlemaker's shop does to
-The bare minimal to so a mining operation is 1 lantern, 1 candle, and a Idle Miner
-Higher levels require more tools, and tools break. Lvl 2 mining operations need hand carts and the wheels for hand-carts are made at the Woodworker's Shop
-The rest of the stuff for higher levels are at the Miner's Workshop.

But once I release V4.4 there will be Advanced Combat with 200% more injuries

here is the changelog

V4.4
-Body_Detail_Plans for STANDAR_TISSUES now have a FUNCTIONAL bone tissue (Skeleton Skull Tissue)
-VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS now uses the Functional Bone in all Limbs
-NERVE tissues (spines) now heal slowly (getting your lower spine damaged can heal but middle or upper and your dead)
-All Default and New Bodies have had Limbs and whatnot [NERVOUS]
-Bood Beasts poison blood no longer causes rot (it's just surpose to weaken it's prey)
-Fixed issue where Exp. Leader showed in Military screen. You need a SHERIFF/CotG to assign MILITIA
-Made JOINTs [NERVOUS] and made from functional bone (wrestling improved)
-Made all SEDIMENTARY stones diggable without any extra "tools" (quarry)
-Added Chert to the diggable stone at the quarry (SEDIMENTARY)^^^
-Dogs have got a Physical boost.
-Fixed a issue where damaging a obsidian golem's feet or hand's obsidian would lose function (only charged Obsidian should do this).
-The size of Bolter Shells have been cut in half, and the attack has been altered

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2012, 04:47:04 am »

-Body_Detail_Plans for STANDAR_TISSUES now have a FUNCTIONAL bone tissue (Skeleton Skull Tissue)
Most intriguing. I cant remember the last time I dived the body plan.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:34 pm »

Most intriguing. I cant remember the last time I dived the body plan.
I wanted to find the fastest way to alter every creature, so why not alter the Plans they use? Had to do some wizardry to other plans but it all works. I can now enjoy watching a goblin be cripple realisticlly now.

EDIT:
Also had to edit body parts

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2012, 02:13:43 pm »

I can now enjoy watching a goblin be cripple realisticlly now.
I had plans to revisit the body plan at one point, but then I realized all the little details will never be of significance or strategic importance in fortress mode so I kind of scrapped the idea.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2012, 02:31:58 pm »

You said that you can grow Tower-Caps and Fungiwood, does that mean you plant them in your farm plots and grow them?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

I very rarely use Detail Plans, I normally assign all tissues and materials inside the creature (unless I know I'm making alot of different creatures with the same features)

But editing the Default detail plans was the fastest way to add the functional bone tissue to every living creature.

When I was first testing the new bone structure the thought in my head was "What happens if the broken are causes the creatures lungs to fail?" since my previous test subjects were inorganic and had no lungs. But tests were successful and the breaks worked as planned, even the current test fortress is showing promising results.

For Stronghammer's request, I've only got a basic Good Dwarven Wine and Excellent Dwarven Wine. Got any special names I could call these so it doesm't seem so cheesey? I was thinking of making these Good and Exellent for each type of brewable drink. And my OCD does not like the simple "Good" and "Excellent" in front of the default booze name.

@Xelanthol
I don't fully understand your tech question. There are Civ alignments which is what I'm using to build the gameplay style of each civ (Hope to make them all playable in Fortress Mode) and only the Reasource buildings have a sortof tech tree, it's more of required tools to run operations. There are castes where Dwarves and Humans have one rare super unit.

@Prologue
Yes you can plant them with seeds, and grow them that way. But you need the Woodworker's Shop to process the "Trees" into logs. All the surface trees are growable (plantable in a farm plot) and I think only Tower-Caps and Fungiwood are growable for underground trees (will get around to adding them (or close to all) later) EDIT: you can use herbalism to gather "trees" too incase you have no seeds to plant

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 03:05:27 pm »

try calling one the basic dwarven wine and then dwarven supreme drink, or dwarven special drink, or dwarven golden stamp drink

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2012, 03:12:22 pm »

Plump Helmets -> Still = Basic Dwarven Wine (Dwarven Wine)
Plump Helmets + Suger/Syrup/Royal Jelly -> Brewery = Sweetend Dwarven Wine?
Plump Helmets + Super/Syrup/Royal Jelly + Herb/Fruit(berries)/Spice -> Brewery = Golden Stamp Dwarven Wine (Royal Dwarven Wine)

These look decent?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »

Yep. If only we could use magma though...

Plump Helmets + Sugar/Syrup/Royal Jelly + Herb/Fruit/Spice + Magma = Dwarven Nectar (Drink of the Gods) :P

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2012, 03:18:45 pm »

Yep. If only we could use magma though...

Plump Helmets + Sugar/Syrup/Royal Jelly + Herb/Fruit/Spice + Magma = Dwarven Nectar (Drink of the Gods) :P
Magma Brewery? :P

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2012, 03:25:25 pm »

Plump Helmets -> Still = Basic Dwarven Wine (Dwarven Wine)
Plump Helmets + Suger/Syrup/Royal Jelly -> Brewery = Sweetend Dwarven Wine?
Plump Helmets + Super/Syrup/Royal Jelly + Herb/Fruit(berries)/Spice -> Brewery = Golden Stamp Dwarven Wine (Royal Dwarven Wine)

This please sounds great instead of sweetened maybe have aged, as the extra sugar allows the brew to sit longer and thus have a smoother more alchoholic drink

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »

Spiced wine?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »

Now that I got the reactions/ tree down, All I have to do is make Good (aged) and Excellent (royal/golden stamp) types for all brewable drinks

Value for normal booze is now 5 (was 2) and good booze is 10 where as Excellent is 20.

I had also forgot to add tallow to the tree but I will have that noted

(Also is Royal Jelly the really sweet honey that is for the queen bee?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19