Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games that let you slowly expand into space?  (Read 3870 times)

Javewa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games that let you slowly expand into space?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 07:17:01 am »

Alien Legacy is an old DOS game where you manage a colony far away from Earth and slowly expand into the alien solar system. It is quite story driven and a nice experience, but suffers from extensive micro-management and bugs. You don't really leave the star system, though.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 07:35:09 am »

Check out the link in my sig maybe...
This is a blank sig.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 11:04:35 pm »

Spore, if I am allowed to say that word.

I honestly didn't find Spore to be that bad. Cell stage was pretty fun. I loved creature stage. Tribe stage was not too bad...didn't like Civilization stage at all and LOVED Space stage (at least modded). The best part about Spore for me is creating things...but I like terraforming planets too, even if it is a bit simple.

If you get this mod for Spore, it makes it a lot better. It adds/changes a lot to Space stage, does a few things to the other stages as well. It makes managing planets a lot easier too.
http://www.sporemodding.com/index.php?topic=11

The game definitely was overhyped...it was the game to make me never be hyped about a game again and always wait 2-4 weeks after a game is released to buy it. I spent 200 to 250 dollars on Spore products...that isn't to say it is a bad game. Overall it got pretty good reviews. But, I think it was hyped so much, that it was expected to do a lot more than it did.

I still play Spore every now and then. Try to get my 250 dollars worth out of it. :P When I want to be creative, I hop onto it.

But anyway, Spore isn't that bad of a game if you want to expand into space. You can speed to Space stage, or you can take your time in each of the stages. Or just create things. The community is still fairly active.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 11:45:08 pm »

I spent 200 to 250 dollars on Spore products...

Holy shit. :o
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 11:49:18 pm »

I spent 200 to 250 dollars on Spore products...
Well, let's see: got yer spore featured storyboard, spore action figures, spore poster, spore playset, spore e-z bake oven, spore condom, spore fungus spores, and Spore: The Game. Sounds about right.
Pages: 1 [2]