Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Whoa lucky me.  (Read 1994 times)

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa lucky me.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:22 am »

which would also make defending your fortress from megabeasts /clown horribly easy. watch as the 3x3 dragon/clown tries unsuccessfully to squeeze into you 1 tile wide tunnels!
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 11:41:16 am »

I imagine clowns would come in a variety of sizes for expressly the purpose of better fortress infiltration.

But yeah, it makes sense you should be able to evade dragon attacks by having only narrow paths into your fortress. That said, your average fortress (should) need 3 wide passages for the caravan, and should really need that much space for the busier paths in your fortress. Then you'd get the FUN of watching the dragon rampage down the main halls while your dwarves scurry down side paths, dodging dragonfire and hiding in their rooms while the dragon goes on to move into the dining hall, eat all your roasts and steal your stuff.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 02:30:17 pm »

Just imagine, that colossal beast the size of a city will be able to fit in the same space where you keep your cats.

Chop that thing up and see what meat you can salvage. I can imagine you'll be fed for a lifetime.

The problem is that it's in a very, very fun place ;>_>

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »

Ugh, just got clobbered by an unexpected ambush.

However, for some reason after a while there was a second one in the unit list (exact copy of the first one), but that one had a list with all it's body parts in red.

I'm bringing more sabertooth tigers next time :)
- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 05:03:58 pm »

However, for some reason after a while there was a second one in the unit list (exact copy of the first one), but that one had a list with all it's body parts in red.

Don't panic about it - you'll have to be very, very prepared (or foolish) to even get a glimpse of one without dfreveal.  These creatures are a final challenge to a fortress that has overcome all other challenges, and will not simply show up at random times in random places.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 08:00:21 pm »

Just imagine, that colossal beast the size of a city will be able to fit in the same space where you keep your cats.

Chop that thing up and see what meat you can salvage. I can imagine you'll be fed for a lifetime.

It's made of brass or such, I'm pretty sure.
Just its skin is brass. Everything else should be good to eat.
That's a colossal can of meat then.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 12:58:19 pm »

Don't panic about it - you'll have to be very, very prepared (or foolish) to even get a glimpse of one without dfreveal.  These creatures are a final challenge to a fortress that has overcome all other challenges, and will not simply show up at random times in random places.

Then what about the much rarer P demon?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 03:26:17 pm »

Then what about the much rarer P demon?

It follows the same rules, but is "challenging" in a slightly different way.
Pages: 1 [2]