Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Whoa lucky me.  (Read 1999 times)

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whoa lucky me.
« on: August 28, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »

Just embarked on a spot, luckily this guy was already deceased...

[IMG=http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2782/luckyme.jpg][/IMG]

... Or I would have no where to build my city.
- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
Re: Whoa lucky me.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »

o_o
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 03:34:23 pm »

Are you using a mod or something?  What's a "Little Fragmented Zinger?"
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

DaJonkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:36:28 pm »

Ah yes, I'm using the Legends of Forlorn Realms mod. Haven't really played with it much tho... just a lot of world genning and some "not okay" embarks.
- Protector of those who are always used in or are victim of dangerous experiments, random acts of violence, deliberate acts of unnecessary violence, unjust punishment by false blame of error, justed punishment by blame of trivial everyday stuff, oh and mythological species racism in general. (I help them with law stuff and filing basics forms, as claws, tentacles and whatnot can make that difficult... no forms no benefits, travel coverage, ect apparantly in this world *sigh*).

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:39:02 pm »

I have big plans involving those for later ritual developments...  Right now, they don't do a whole lot other than kill each other periodically, on the rare occasion that more than one type wanders onto the map.  If you can find the corpse, there's a pretty nice reward waiting for you, but the full potential of that creature has not yet been developed.  Suffice to say, there's more than one surprise down there.

It was a fun one to test, though.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:42:43 pm by narhiril »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:43:31 pm »

The problem is that the denizens of the area are always hostile to them, due to the denizens of that area being hostile to, well, everything.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »

"Let's see, plenty of minerals, lots of wildlife, a dead colossal anger demon... Yep, this seems like a great place to build our new home!"
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »

I'm more concerned about that special Operations Pigeon...
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »

Your image should be like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But... it's not working? Got it. I really hate ImageShack.

It's amusing that a creature the size of a city is still going to be represented on one tile.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:48:12 pm »

Just imagine, that colossal beast the size of a city will be able to fit in the same space where you keep your cats.

Chop that thing up and see what meat you can salvage. I can imagine you'll be fed for a lifetime.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »

Just imagine, that colossal beast the size of a city will be able to fit in the same space where you keep your cats.
Knowing how space occupation works, it'd probably be laying under the cats.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:00 pm »

"It is tall."

Understatement of the year.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 01:44:37 am »

Chop that thing up and see what meat you can salvage. I can imagine you'll be fed for a lifetime.

It's made of brass or such, I'm pretty sure.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:43:08 am »

It's made of brass or such, I'm pretty sure.
Just its skin is brass. Everything else should be good to eat.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 11:10:00 am »

that would be better if there was a way of making creatures take multiple tiles, that way, you could have hadit spread out over half the map.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.
Pages: [1] 2