Poll

Place

Hol-
- 0 (0%)
-Dep(p)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Western Roman Invasion : "Attila the Douche" (End)  (Read 26828 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Western Roman Invasion : "Sissybur & Friends" (P11)
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

Well, I suppose you can always do the other kind of encircling.  As one army marches across persia from the west, general big balls and friends come storming in from the north to cause havoc!

The time for Strategic planning on the battle map has passed long ago, as we have enough Stacks to siege every single city that does not belong to us at once. The game is won, and nothing can change it.
There is just one thing left to do, and that is Attila's mom.

Huns horde is 12000 strong.
Should be a decent ending for the LP.

The update takes a LOT of time, because Sassanids don't want me to have their cities, and auto-battling is FUBAR. I only have the mood to crush enemies in two battles a day.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:09:20 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:57 pm »

I only have the mood to crush enemies in two battles a day.

Trololo! Yeah, late-game can be retarded.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2011, 04:34:12 pm »

A poll has been added to "ease" your wait while i prepare the update. I almost finished the campaign.

The historically accurate armies mean, for example : Very limited cavalry for Romans, mostly infantry. One general. General for all field armies. And so on.
The limitations would include : Weather, exhaustion, morale, supplies and viewer-created Senate that breaks our balls! (everything controlled by die rolls / a system that i would quickly patch / common sense / all of the above)

If them viewers will decide that we, in fact, need such a run to end our Total War adventures, it would be my last TW LP for.. well, ever. Unless i decide to go video, which i doubt. For TW series anyway.

I think there are some neat mods for Rome, SPQR, Surrectum, EB.. I don't know any of them, so we will have a quick vote on that too.

Yes, i do have another Total War game : Medieval 2, but there is a LP on that already, and it seemed a bit dull to me. There is just some charm to elephants, hoplites and so on. The ancient instruments of war.
We would go back to the roots : Armenia style, except it would go much further than just having someone represent you. YOU - unwashed viewer - would control and shape the game! To some extent.

Come now, my two viewers (Three?), let me know your opinions. Let your voices be heard!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2011, 04:41:48 pm »

This mod sounds interesting.  Does it make generals less insanely overpowered?  In that case, the mod might be easier for you.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2011, 05:15:51 pm »

The limitations would include : Weather, exhaustion, morale, supplies and viewer-created Senate that breaks our balls! (everything controlled by die rolls / a system that i would quickly patch / common sense / all of the above)

Is it sad that I'm drooling at the thought of all these limitations/gameplay enhancements? Maybe it's just because I'm hungry. Yeah.

Anyways I still completely support you including them in your next LP.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2011, 05:24:39 pm »

It would probably be..

Die roll + Average climate in the region for weather. No attacking during summer on the African Deserts, nor winter in the coldest corners of the world.

Exhaustion is self explanatory. The longer an army goes without stopping.. I would probably add a % reduce to movement, but with an option to force march.. With a morale pentalty.

Morale would be the "big one". % of loses, duration of campaign, successes, distance, supplies and so on. With possible deserting (disbanding) or going rogue for some time. I will give it more thought later.

Supplies would limit to how close and large is the nearest city, road quality and so on. With boats and possibly peasants (if there are peasants in the mods) strengthening it.

It would all be only imaginary, as modding the game to have such limitations would take months, if it's even possible. But then we have the senate : Sneaky, unwashed viewers that have enormous influence over what the hell, why the hell and how the hell. Including, but not limited to the composition of armies, diplomacy, tolerance and so on..

I reserve a right to abandon the LP at any point if the number of interested "Senators" will drop below a certain number. But this should be obvious.

For example : Senators are racist bastards that treat all non-Romans as scum, and decide that we have to destroy ALL non-Roman buildings we encounter when capturing a city.
Senators meddle into MY affairs and decide that armies can only have 2 aux cav, but at the same time must have at least one standard bearing cohort..

And so on. I would be fighting the viewers as fiercely as the enemies. Except, them viewers can not be conquered by simple maneuvering. But even for this we will find a way, so that it's not a self-destruction senate.

Bla.

That's just a general idea for the future.

Otherwise i'll either focus on the RPG ones, or start HoI2 "Mommy, why is the entire world red?" HELL campaign.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:22:43 pm by Stworca »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2011, 06:39:20 pm »

I've seen voting AARs before and in my experience, they tend to produce a LOT of bickering among the viewers but not add tremendously to the difficulty for an experienced player.  The bickering is so bad that over on the paradox forums they will ban you for starting such an AAR without getting permission first.  The lack of difficulty I think stems from the fact that the voters can't micromanage things to a large enough extent to really add to the difficulty appreciably.  The difficulty would be greater if you simply stated challenges at the start like, no surgical strikes and limits on troop composition (such as 50% limitanei minimum, and max of 1 merc, 1 cavalry, 1 general and 1 siege engine each.)  Because at the end of the day as long as you are calling the shots in battle, you are probably going to win.

But if you want a true challenge, do the communist utopia run, no temples, no trade and peasants only.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2011, 08:38:50 pm »

Is... is it physically possible to win with peasants?  I mean, everything we've seen screams no in the loudest of voices, but then again this is Stworca we're talking about.

It could happen.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2011, 08:41:37 pm »

Given how powerful Enemy Generals seem to be against Infantry that's actually worth fielding, I'd say no. Two or three generals would probably tear a full stack of Peasants apart.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:15 pm »

GENERALS ONLY. NO RANGED UNITS. ALWAYS EXTERMINATE. FINAL DESTINATION.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2011, 06:16:58 am »

Yeah, a "general only" run, with no recruiting generals. All battles save for siege have to be made with only generals.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2011, 06:58:30 am »

Yeah, a "general only" run, with no recruiting generals. All battles save for siege have to be made with only generals.

I was expecting you to pop by like a dozen times by now, Slagathor! What took you so long?!

While i appreciate the ideas of general only or peasant only runs, The first  one would be extremely boring after a while (Generals are extremely powerful, i was thinking about using just one, and even then some generals would be more Pompeii than Ceasar), and the second would take ages to capture a single province, if doable at all. Unless it was town watch, or mercenary only army or something other than that.

I'm asking for an honest run.. yada.

I've seen voting AARs before and in my experience, they tend to produce a LOT of bickering among the viewers but not add tremendously to the difficulty for an experienced player.  The bickering is so bad that over on the paradox forums they will ban you for starting such an AAR without getting permission first.  The lack of difficulty I think stems from the fact that the voters can't micromanage things to a large enough extent to really add to the difficulty appreciably.

Well, there are some ways around it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:19:29 am by Stworca »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2011, 08:03:38 am »

I was in the south of france, hitchiking around, digging for gold, partying in Barcelona, getting hit on by gay truckers, washing in cemetaries, sleeping under bridges, climbing mountains, climbing fences and building to get to my loved one's bedroom and generally enjoying myself.

No internet tough, but I just read it all today, and I must say I'm disappointed. In some of those battles, you loose like ... 100 men? You? If it wasn't for the humor, I would scorn this LP totally. :P

Anyway, I think most of the fun in a general-only game would be that you'd have so little units to play with. Tactically the game may not be much, but strategically...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2011, 10:48:47 am »

Not to mention your cities would all be fairly well pissed off if you don't have a general stationed in them.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Western Roman Invasion : "Attila the Douche" (End)
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2011, 11:18:35 am »

Spoiler: Attila the Douche (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Very Last Battle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Finish 'em off (click to show/hide)

Thank You for watching! Have my babies!
Vanilla was much better.. If not for the lacking AI :S
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:22:40 am by Stworca »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12