Poll

Place

Hol-
- 0 (0%)
-Dep(p)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Western Roman Invasion : "Attila the Douche" (End)  (Read 26831 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

I have another idea for eliminating hordes. If you can confirm that they only have two cities left then how about sieging and then assaulting both cities in the same turn so they never have the opportunity to horde on you?

No, see, they become a horde when they lose all of their cities. The only way to stop that is the method Stworca already used; wiping out the generals. Or just not taking their final city and leaving it in perpetual siege.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

I thought it was when they had one city... Well, I've never played this game, so I really don't know.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

You can't take Constantinople until the unwashed easterners take a dirt bath!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

True Rome deserves the world. The whole world. Nothing else is acceptable.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Crush all the things like so many grapes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

You people started DEMANDING crushing victories and expecting nothing less. I should've picked a different game.  :o
In a bit i'll start getting "You lost 7 people?! THAT'S TOO MUCH! YOU'RE FIRED!"
"But.. you didn't employ me to begin with."
"OUT OR I SHALL CALL SECURITY!"

It would be like my last birthday all over again.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:00:53 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I don't demand crushing victories, just high butcher bills.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Hi! You have got to be the most execellant strategist I have ever seen.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Monks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. He just want you to think that way ;)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want you to look at this...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As I play I realize you could actually win. (Yes I am romans, on M/M diffuculty... I'm a horrible commander)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

Two town watch and barbarian infantry mercs? What troops does the enemy have?

Your only hope is to create a choke point at their ram breach and 3 on 1 gangbang on them as They enter.
Alternatively you could try positioning your troops on the very edge of the town center, so that you don't rout, but the enemy might.

Still, if the enemies have high tier troops (chosen swordsmen etc), there is no way to win.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The enemy had roughly 1000 (or less... I already lost that battle) made up of mostly warbands. Even if its impossible, you still had an idea of a maybe you'll win. And my town watch were at the gate where they ramed, they routed though.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

5-1 with crap troops would be impossible even if your enemy didn't issue order and just stood there, letting you triple encircle each unit individually.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

5-1 with crap troops would be impossible even if your enemy didn't issue order and just stood there, letting you triple encircle each unit individually.

Well.. No. I ran a quick custom battle of 2 town watch + 1 hastati (did not use their pilas to simulate a warband) against 5 warbands (1200 people). here is the battle replay.

Now if they had two rams, i would place my hastati closer to the gate, so that it is OPEN. An invitation if you want to call it so.
If  They wouldn't use it, i would have to focus on one of the entrances, wipe out (smaller) amount of their troops, and run outside. Just like we did in Spain LP using the bridge when we were surrounded.
Eventually a charge would be in order, to force them to chase us through the gate.

It's important to keep blowing the horn, so that our morale will be this tiny bit higher than theirs.

With a merc warband it would be slightly different than hastati. First of all, i would have them charge after warcry, which would quicken the morale break (easier)
But their out-of-warcry morale is lower. Thus there is more of a gamble. You'd have to coordinate a tri-charge in the perfect moment to bring enemies to wavering ASAP, and start a chain-rout before your advantage (warcry) is out.

Edit : Right. In case you can not view battle replay.

Spoiler: Bla (click to show/hide)

Our morale stayed at stable for the most part, sometimes even eager. Against barbarians : Morale wins/.

The only gamble is warcry. For 30 seconds after warcry troop morale is extremely high. You may have to hold that long.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:49:29 am by Stworca »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

For some reason, I was thinking the unit sizes were smaller so it was 200 of his vs. 100, not 450 of his.  Only outnumbered 1-2 is do-able.  That's not Stworca difficult.  That's not even a battle you'd post unless there were a general there.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12