Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chainlynch Mafia - IN SIGNUPS [0/9]  (Read 2034 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Chainlynch Mafia - IN SIGNUPS [0/9]
« on: August 27, 2011, 08:20:36 am »

Disclaimer: the following setup may or may not be horribly broken. Join at your own risk.

The game consists on one night and one day, in that order. In the night, the scum team creates an ordered list of people they are going to kill (but don't kill anyone). When it is finished, they can't edit it (but can still use scumchat), and the game moves into the day phase.

In day, things also work differently. Everyone has 16-24 votes (more about this rule below), which he can arbitratily spread among players (in the format Player1(10), Player2(12), etc.). When the day ends, people are sorted by the amount of votes on them. About ties read below.

Now, after that the first person on the scumlist gets killed and the first person on the votelist gets lynched. The cycle continues until one team loses all it's players. Whichever team remains wins.

While inning, you have to post the amount of votes you possess (between 16 and 24). Only one player can have a given amount of votes. When two people get the same position on the list, whoever picked more votes while inning gets lynched first.

All the other usual mafia rules also apply, i.e. no editing, no quoting PMs from mod, etc.. No PMs allowed. There's 9 players, out of whom 2 are scum. Since this is the first game of this type, no special roles are included (this may change later if this game doesn't fail horrifically).

Players:

Meanwhile testing how LT detects multiple red pieces of text in a post.

All right, it looks like LT doesn't support more than one piece of red text per post, so you should post all your votes in a continuous block of red text and repost all votes when changing any one of them. *sigh*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:52:00 am by Dariush »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Chainlynch Mafia - IN SIGNUPS [0/9]
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:49:05 pm »

So, am I understanding this right?

There is only one day and only one night. The scum make a list of people they want to kill. Each town has a bunch of votes, the town makes a bunch of votes all over the place, and at the end of the day, the votes are all accumulated.

Then, the first person on the lynch list gets killed, then the first person on the scum list gets killed, then the second person on the lynch list gets killed, then the second person on the scum list, etc. etc. until the game is won by one team.

Do I have that right?

This is actually a pretty interesting idea for a mafia, and definitely worth trying out. I would join it if I wasn't already in three games.

One thing, though, the scum have to make a list before the town even starts discussing stuff, so they have to make their decisions solely based on meta, which is an idea I don't like that much.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:48 pm »

The mafiakill isn't really relevant since I don't think the list changes when voters in it die.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:48:36 am »

Do I have that right?
Yes to everything above.
One thing, though, the scum have to make a list before the town even starts discussing stuff, so they have to make their decisions solely based on meta, which is an idea I don't like that much.
Well, I agree it is not a very good idea, but the only alternative is to make scum able to change the list during the day. They'll simply pick the inverse of the lynch-list and win with almost 100% probability. The lesser of two evils...
The mafiakill isn't really relevant since I don't think the list changes when voters in it die.
If the next person on the scumlist gets lynched, scum kills the one after him instead. Is that what you meant?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 03:53:59 am »

Well, I agree it is not a very good idea, but the only alternative is to make scum able to change the list during the day. They'll simply pick the inverse of the lynch-list and win with almost 100% probability. The lesser of two evils...

Isn't that basically what happens in a normal game anyway, albeit much longer and drawn out?

It's up to the town to pick their targets well, or else they'll lose, which is also what happens in a normal game as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 05:05:00 am »

In normal game, scum players don't know when they are going to be lynched and thus may kill someone who would have been lynched the following day and get in the noose themselves instead. Here they know exactly when that is going to happen and, if they can choose during the day, they basically have no choice in their kill order.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 01:19:25 am »

I... will at least watch this. maybe go in for it... not sure now. :/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.