Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which mod is the best?  (Read 1628 times)

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Which mod is the best?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:39:44 am »

Fortress Defense. I used to like Genesis, but I can't gen a world with much metal in it now for some reason - all I get is thousands upon thousands of rock crystals and blue crystals - even with scarcity at 100.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:34 am »

What a wimp.
I was able to decipher ASCII since I was ten..And I'm actually part of the newer Generation.
ASCII allows for a LOT more freedom.

to that I agree the only reason I dont use it is because I hate rectangles, makes my fort designs look really odd

the default ASCII tileset comes with a square variation- "curses_square_16x16"- you can tell the people who use it because they have those smileys instead of proper bearded dwarves.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 03:02:09 pm »

genesis.

i got a double seige, centaurs attacking from the east and goblins mounted on bloated tubers from the west. i got my ass handed to me, but it was very fun.

Kaleb702 Games

• Bay Watcher
  • nearlyNonexistent
    • View Profile
    • My YYG Account
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 04:00:10 pm »

What a wimp.
I was able to decipher ASCII since I was ten..And I'm actually part of the newer Generation.
ASCII allows for a LOT more freedom.

to that I agree the only reason I dont use it is because I hate rectangles, makes my fort designs look really odd

the default ASCII tileset comes with a square variation- "curses_square_16x16"- you can tell the people who use it because they have those smileys instead of proper bearded dwarves.

curses_square_16x16 is ugly. Like, really ugly. Do I need to fiddle with the options to make it look right? What are the inits for using square_16x16?
Quote from: Rose Lalonde, Seer of Light
One simple word can so easily begin a story in a very thick book.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 04:56:51 pm »

Used to use ASCII until one day, I had a fever and I dreamed in ASCII. I was a 'd' and was being chased by several 'k's.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 05:14:34 pm »

Civilization Forge is my favorite Fortress Mode mod (and my only fort mode mod) that I've used. It adds all sorts of new creatures such as Giant Beetles (nasty critters in the wild), hobgoblins, High Elves, Dyansauri, and Giant Ants (troubling to unarmored units, piece of cake if you're in steel). New weapons include (but are not, repeat NOT limited to): Bastard swords, falchions, flambards, skullcrackers, raven's beaks, and war axes.

Wanderer's Friend is a fairly cool Adventurer Mode mod that adds extensive crafting, like making making stone axes to gather wood (pine without adding your own modifications), melting down useless weapons and armor, and being able to tan the skins and carve the bones from your butchering returns from killing animals. The bow-string reaction doesn't seem to want to work for me, and gives two strings instead of one, due to a bug.

Otherwise, both of these mods combined works pretty damn cool, albeit not all that bloody much more interesting
Pages: 1 [2]