Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bloodyfailure - The Haunted Succesion Fort  (Read 3407 times)

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyfailure - The Haunted Succesion Fort
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 09:09:20 pm »

Yeah, I've been working on the first post for hours now. Damn you shopping.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 10:36:46 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Ominously-Named Fortress Bloodyfailure
26th Obsidian, 125

Haha! We're almost at the location marked on the map! And they said we were stupid to start up a fortress here. Ha! We weren't stupid! Probably just sober.

Okay, maybe we were a little stupid. Bringing eight dwarves into an evil place like this with very few supplies has to be idiotic. Nay, it isn't idiotic! Simply dwarven! Now, as soon as we arrive, the other dwarves shall work endlessly to create a massive statue to the elves! None shall oppose the mighty tree-dwellers!

The rest of the page is illegible due to being covered in dwarf blood.
Change in handwriting...

Well, I'm glad that traitorous bastard's been dealt with. He's been trying everything he could to get me overthrown! So what if he was one of the best leaders in the kingdom, while I he elected me due to his sobriety? He didn't need to try and frame me as a slave-driving elf-lover for his own stupidity! I'd burn down entire forests, and use the ashes to make a sculpture of myself burning the forests down and send it to those tree-humping hippies just for the hell of it!

Yet, he was right about some things. Mainly our stupidity, and the fact that stupidity was more dwarven than smartness. We only kidnapped hired one military dwarf, and he (or maybe she, I can't tell) is barely even trained! (S)he has more training than me, though. I'm just a peasant with a good drinking habit.

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
1st Granite, 126

We've made it to our destination in one piece. Well, everyone but "mayor" Urist. We left his corpse back down the path because the noble-stench was too unbearable. The place doesn't look too dangerous, but that just means that we'll soon have zombified monstrosities raiding the fortress. I've heard tales of legendary fortresses such as Battlefailed and Boatmurdered and I hope we don't end up like either of them.

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
27th Granite, 126

The beginning design of the fortress is complete. A mason's workshop has been constructed, along with some doors, a trade depot, and a storage room for the useless piles of rock we find. Had to build a door quickly so the undead deer wouldn't run amok. They already scared the shit out of TreeMiner and scared him away from the trees, but Atir's already given those ones a run for their money, but one dwarf won't be enough, whereas a stone door will. Right now StoneHead's excavating more useless rock, and I'm making some tables and chairs from them for our dining room. This place will become a sprawling fortress, a pinnacle of dwarven engineering, I just know it!

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
7th Slate, 126

Well, this place got boring quickly. Oh, I know how to liven up the place! Atir, go piss off a zombie!

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
13th Slate, 126

To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat! If you live, I'm killing you both for stupidity.

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
14th Slate, 126

Atir's bled out, and now Dyg's being chased around by an undead cougar. If you make it out alive again, I'm killing you. Maybe.

Only way to survive is to fight. Kill the bastard! Or be killed by it. Don't really care which. Just don't bring it back!
And somehow, it worked! Praise to the medic!

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:03 pm »

To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

Hey, no one ever said medics are panzies elves. (Also, how badly injured did I get?)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:13:38 pm by Dyg »
To quote one of Battlefailed's overseers: "My god, this was a terrible idea." The cow moose is stomping the shit out of Atir, and now Dyg's trying to give him water in the middle of fucking combat!

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 11:16:19 pm »

The moose didn't attack you. The cougar did, though. You've sustained some minor bruising, plus you got some fat in your head torn open. You got off lucky.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 11:18:34 pm »

Zombie cougars! Praise the medics!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
4th Felsite, 126

Now, what are we gonna do? We've got no militia remaining! Now Dyg's the most experienced fighter, but he... she... fuck, I always forget things... Dyg's the only doctor! He... she... fuck, I need flash cards, Dyg can't be drafted into the militia because of that. Naina would probably be the best other choice. She... he... son of a bitch, I give up! You will all be called 'it' until I remember your genders! Naina is agile and heals quickly, so hooray, distraction. But Dyg's fucking strong. Or maybe the militia should be me. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, my life is pretty boring right now. I'm drafting myself.

OOC: Okay, what should I do now? Construct a danger room to train in, or attack the undead wolf pack for training?

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 11:53:00 pm »

Come help me attack the trees! TAKE THIS ELVES!

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 11:54:40 pm »

I don't want a turn, but I would like the next Axedwarf OR easily raged male dwarf to become an axedwarf named G.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:16 am »

or attack the undead wolf pack for training?

That would end up with myself being the only dwarf alive somehow.

Naina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:11 am »

Journal of Naina,
bookkeeper.
^and if I have it my way, it'll stay like that

5th Felsite
This delightful area is seemingly already living up to its name, it seems. Only a few months into our expedition and already we've lost two of our number; one to murder most deserved, one to his own brand of stupidity. Atir thought it prudent to take on the local fauna, and got the shit kicked out of him. Quite literally, from how Dyg retells the saga. In the absence of our most esteemed Swordsdwarf (may the stone rest his bones in peace), Overseer Drakon attempted to have me take up the mantle of fortress militia.

"Oh no, Overseer, I could never live up to Atir's glorious charge. There is so much for me to do in the fortress! Every day brings us closer to dreaded sobriety, didn't you know that? Overseer, are you *aware* just how little dwarven wine we have left? No? Neither do I."

And they said that taking the social skills back at Mountainhomes Uni was the soft option...

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »

Overseer's Journal
Fortress Bloodyfailure
5th Felsite, 126

Ah, slaughter is fun. The damn wolves never stood a chance. Brought them down myself! I got bruised a bit, lost a tooth, but other than that, I'm fine.

Ooh, what's this? A zombie deer? And an actual deer? KILLING TIME =D!

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 12:23:27 pm »

Uhm, please don't die?
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 04:49:50 pm »

I'm not dead! Just missing a tooth. Probably a few more after I take on a huge (15+) zombie wolf pack.

Dyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 05:48:45 pm »

I'm not dead! Just missing a tooth. Probably a few more after I take on a huge (15+) zombie wolf pack.

Dyg Gemsither, Chief Medical Dwarf has mandated the construction of certain items.
Hospital (1/1)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:50:56 pm by Dyg »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 06:07:02 pm »

Ah, mandates. Quickly fufilled with an axe to the neck.
And Roboboy, do you want me to re-dorf you, as you, uh, died?
Pages: 1 [2] 3