Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting "Around" lye?  (Read 1410 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Getting "Around" lye?
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:06:36 pm »

How the hell do I keep up a decent soap production? Have this slob dwarf with a spine broken that is infected, I want his hairy ass gone or sent to the morgue. Apparently he needs wound dressing and suturing, this is enabled for several medical dwarves and I know this hospital have helped other useless pieces of meat recover.

Alternatively, getting around lye means "getting rid of this dwarf".
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting "Around" lye?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:35:06 pm »

Ask the liaison for it is the fastest and easiest way.

I've found that dwarves only stockpile buckets that are empty, so if you put a furniture stockpile that only accepts buckets right next to your ashery, they'll use it properly.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:41:59 pm »

IIRC we can make soap out of plant oil now. I don't know how to do it off the back of my hand.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

TantrumTime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:56 pm »

IIRC we can make soap out of plant oil now. I don't know how to do it off the back of my hand.

Rock nut oil can be used in place of tallow, but you still need lye.
Somewhere along the way this innocent thread about cheese went horribly, horribly wrong.
I'd say it's par for the course. Did you see that crundle thread? That one started out wrong.

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:52:15 pm »

A liberally applied !!Bed!! will cure him quickly.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:53:15 pm »

Allright, enough is enough. I have soap, I have like ten dwarves with the right labours assigned, I have more cloth thread splints and godknowswhat to make army of crippled mummies.

This guy needs to DIE. He wont move from his bed, even if he is put into a squad and told to move. I can't remove the bed. How to get rid of him?

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:54:27 pm »

What the ...!

I removed the bed and the lazy dwarf just got up and moved. He must have known what was coming to him

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

Pick your doctors carefully, that's the most important thing.  Impulsiveness and altruism are the most important traits.  "He thinks carefully before making decisions." and "He finds helping others annoying." are very bad for doctors.  Altruism makes them likely to perform medicine or give food/water when they're deciding on their next job, and impulsiveness determines how long it takes them to start a new task when they have No Job.

In other words: Nothing is wrong, your hospital is running as well as any dwarven hospital.  You need short elves if you want service.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 11:22:16 pm »

I just edited my raws so soap now takes tallow and pearlash. It bypasses the lye part, without reducing the challenge any, since making lye and pearlash from potash take the same time/resources. Keepin' it genuine.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:40:18 am »

What the ...!

I removed the bed and the lazy dwarf just got up and moved. He must have known what was coming to him

This is why all of my patients get private rooms.

With doors.  And walls.

Well, this, and the whole necrosis thing.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 02:41:21 am »

Bauxite doors...

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 02:47:30 am »

Bauxite doors...

Lol, wouldn't want them to catch a chill.  Heated rooms for everyone!
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 02:53:07 am »

Of course...  Heat is therapeutic, hmmmyes?

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 02:14:11 pm »

My other guess was that eventhough your fort has those items, that maybe they are not stocked appropriately in your hospital. 

From what little hospital info I experienced, the hostpital needs to stock the supplies and not your Stockpiles.  If there are not enough storage containters in the Hospital, then the full supplies don't get stored in the hospital.