Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19544 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2012, 05:54:02 pm »

*How effective are swords, and is the wizard's staff good for anything?

I'm planning on making a squad equipped with medieval equipment from The Oubliette, but I don't even know what some of it does.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »

Swords are effective weapons for characters that have high strength, typically, they won't be better than an equivalent skill liberal armed with an assault rifle, but they are damn cool. I believe the Wizard's Staff is just an ordinary stick; you probably won't be killing any cops with it. Stay away from the armor, it's pretty much useless.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »

The "armor" is less than useless. It has the same armor value as being naked.

People don't generally use the staff or the mace, so it would be an interesting thing to experiment with. There are actually quite a few neglected weapons in LCS.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:06 pm »

And the rest?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2012, 07:34:02 pm »

The only thing people ever use from the medieval shop is the sword. The only other thing anyone ever asks about is the armor.

That's how neglected it is.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

There is really a glut of reliable information on the blunt weapons.  I've read that they are more powerful than swords, and I've also read they were useless.

I think that blunt weapons were buffed and swords were weakened in the most recent update (the one that is a year old, but it is the most recent, lol).  You should definitely try it out, and let us know how it goes for you.

8kanoro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »

I have a pretty good sword level (Around 10) and my person lops off heads most attacks so swords are pretty good I think.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:45 am »

I have a pretty good sword level (Around 10) and my person lops off heads most attacks so swords are pretty good I think.

As you mentioned, the fact that swords can take off body parts makes them more powerful than blunt weapons, which generally can not (as far as I know, that is).

Livingstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »

This game is great! 8)

This far I've beaten the classic mode [A] and the conservative crime squad mode [ B], currently on all modes on [BCDE]. The reason why I think this game is particularly so fantastic is the possibility to check out the code for tips ( You need at least level 7 in Computers to hack the Intelligence HQ supercomputer, and even then it's pretty unlikely, 9/1000 attempts succeed  8) )
and the possibility to put in new features as I've done this far mass stripping, equipping, view full skill sheet and rename in activities, moving all items to another base and show the business front name in police raid information, to name a few.

Which is why I come to you, fellow forum dwellers, to ask if you have encountered any missing features you would request if there was the option to request features.  :P

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2012, 12:34:52 pm »

Any possible task can be done with at least 6 points in the skill. (With 6 skill, you roll 3D6 (2 for skill, 1 for the stat)). Even less if you have high stat (With 21 int, you need only 1 in computer to hack the CIA Super computer).

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2012, 02:39:41 am »

Your chance of success increases significantly if you continue to level up past the absolute minimum to succeed in a task. Having the theoretical minimum to finish a difficult task doesn't mean you'll be able to do it with any consistency in practice.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2012, 04:26:57 pm »

1. I've always had trouble training up my Dodge skill, what's the best way to go about it, assuming we're starting at 0 dodge?

2. Exactly how much effect does Writing for Newspapers have on public opinion? Like if I had a dedicated 6 writers with 7+ writing skill, would it make much difference at all (assuming no Liberal Guardian, laws are on the Conservative side)? Is there like a %-chance based on writing skill every time you write that you might affect public opinion, or does every day of writing always affect public opinion and the amount is based on skill and random numbers?

Thanks!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »

1. I've always had trouble training up my Dodge skill, what's the best way to go about it, assuming we're starting at 0 dodge?
If you're willing to pay, you can send Liberals to Dodgeball Class at the University, which raises dodge.

If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball...
No Gods, No Masters.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:01 pm »

If you're willing to pay, you can send Liberals to Dodgeball Class at the University, which raises dodge.

If you can dodge a bullet, you can dodge a ball...

Not seeing it.

Oh, it's Gymnastics.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:37:39 pm by BoxOfAids »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2012, 04:39:25 pm »

Ah, that's right, it was renamed to Gymnastics.

Jonathan, why did you do that? Dodgeball is so much better!
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12