Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19564 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2012, 09:07:20 am »

How do you fortify locations? Can't seem to find that option.
Only a few places are fortifiable, which are all in the Industrial Area.  You can scan over different safehouses with Z, then with I, add new stuff to them if available.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2012, 02:25:22 am »

I think business skill is determined by the average of intelligence and wisdom

It was at one point, but I think all skills are now based on only one stat, and none are tied to wisdom.

What about religion and science? Those are conservative skills.

Religion, business, and science are all based on intelligence.

Shouldn't Religion be based upon Charisma instead of intelligence?  Generally, religious leaders are thought of as being insightful and captivating, not necessarily smart.  No offense to any major religious leaders, but they are generally respected for their ability to move people to act, not their IQ scores.  Furthermore, professors who are respected for their intelligence are stereotypically viewed as athiest.  Steven Hawkings is a prime example: Smartest man alive, doesn't much care for God (read the prefice to his book, I'm not lying here).

Long story short, I'd suggest religion be tied to charisma instead of intelligence.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2012, 02:53:56 am »

As LCS is a game that thrives off of Hollywoodian Physics and bad pick-up lines and takes place in a world where Conservatives are evil incarnate and Liberals are saints, I agree with EuchreJack's proposal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2012, 10:43:32 am »

Charisma wouldn't help you if you don't know what you are talking about. The LCS members use the religion skill as having answers to dogmatic claims that come from the same dogma.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2012, 01:42:39 pm »

Charisma wouldn't help you if you don't know what you are talking about. The LCS members use the religion skill as having answers to dogmatic claims that come from the same dogma.
You don't really have to be smart to be anti-religion either.  You just gotta sound like you are smarter.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2012, 02:39:29 pm »

Religion is a knowledge skill. It isn't the "Televangelist" skill.

No offense to any major religious leaders, but they are generally respected for their ability to move people to act, not their IQ scores.

Many of the most intelligent people who have ever existed were devoutly religious as well even today many of the religious leaders of the world are highly educated and know several languages.

Not all of them mind you... but you would be surprised.

Anyhow Religion skill is based around having a philosophical debate. Not to speak sweetly using Religious overtones (that is already a skill)

In the same way that the "Science" skill is based around having a scientific debate. Not speaking sweetly using scientific overtones (that is already a skill)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:48 pm »

Religion is a knowledge skill. It isn't the "Televangelist" skill.

No offense to any major religious leaders, but they are generally respected for their ability to move people to act, not their IQ scores.

Many of the most intelligent people who have ever existed were devoutly religious as well even today many of the religious leaders of the world are highly educated and know several languages.

Not all of them mind you... but you would be surprised.

Anyhow Religion skill is based around having a philosophical debate. Not to speak sweetly using Religious overtones (that is already a skill)

In the same way that the "Science" skill is based around having a scientific debate. Not speaking sweetly using scientific overtones (that is already a skill)

I'm under the impression that the people in LCS are all about the overtones and fancy rebuttals... not debating.   You just need to know something about the subject for your persuasive words to hit home.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2012, 04:46:36 pm »

As two further arguments for linking religion to charisma instead of intelligence, I mention two famous religious leaders that were both highly intelligent and charismatic:

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi

Yes, they were both undeniably smart.  However, the first thing to come to mind when you think of these men isn't "smart" but "charismatic".  If we had the old system, I'd suggest linking religion to both charisma and intelligence.  But since we can only have one, I think charisma is the best fit.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2012, 12:09:32 pm »

As two further arguments for linking religion to charisma instead of intelligence, I mention two famous religious leaders that were both highly intelligent and charismatic:

Yes, they were both undeniably smart.  However, the first thing to come to mind when you think of these men isn't "smart" but "charismatic".  If we had the old system, I'd suggest linking religion to both charisma and intelligence.  But since we can only have one, I think charisma is the best fit.
Well couldn't we say they just had high Persuasion skill as well? That's the skill that makes people do things because you say so, I think.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2012, 02:22:54 pm »

Well couldn't we say they just had high Persuasion skill as well? That's the skill that makes people do things because you say so, I think.

"You just need to know something about the subject for your persuasive words to hit home."

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2012, 12:31:17 am »

I got one!

What is the exact trigger for the CCS? Is it that the issues are too liberal? Is it only after the LCS gets in the papers? Or do they just start after a while automatically?

Alpheus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2012, 01:02:53 am »

I got one!

What is the exact trigger for the CCS? Is it that the issues are too liberal? Is it only after the LCS gets in the papers? Or do they just start after a while automatically?

I don't know - but my observation in playing nightmare mode is they don't seem to show up until I start shooting up places.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2012, 06:42:00 am »

It's when the average public opinion becomes sufficiently liberal. Different checkpoints are for "being formed", site raids and sieging LCS locations.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 12:16:25 am »

Got another one!

If you get News Anchors as sleepers, do you have to set them to promote liberalism in order to dominate the airwaves, or do they just passively do it? I assume you have to set them to do it, but just making sure!

ADDITIONALLY

Does the skill level of sleeper judges have any effect on them getting you innocent? Or anything at all for that matter?

POST CODE-DIVING EDIT:

Seems like at the start of every month, all of your sleepers have a chance to affect issues a bit in the liberal direction, with Radio/News being the most effective. No need to set them on spread liberalism, I think? Also, liberal judges do not affect issues at all each month like other characters do, assumedly because they were already liberal.

For sleeper judges, it seems they improve the jury-rigging a little bit and lower the prosecution's power, but their skill level seems meaningless in determining how much they affect the case, there's a flat bonus just for having a sleeper judge. Of course, the Lawyer's Law/Persuasion skill is still important (or your liberal, if self-defending).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:39:02 pm by BoxOfAids »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2012, 06:25:16 pm »

Is it still possible to recruit genetic monstrosities from the genetics lab?

Also, is it possible to seduce the CEO?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12