Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19532 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2011, 09:40:22 am »

How do you hide weapons when wearing a trench coat? I was wearing one with a .44 and I was almost immediately recognized to be carrying a weapon. Is it linked to your disguise skill or do you actually have to do something specific to hide weapons?

Some weapons simply cannot be hidden. Such as Rocket launchers.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:15 am »

How do you hide weapons when wearing a trench coat? I was wearing one with a .44 and I was almost immediately recognized to be carrying a weapon. Is it linked to your disguise skill or do you actually have to do something specific to hide weapons?

Some weapons simply cannot be hidden. Such as Rocket launchers.
Like a .44 pistol?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2011, 10:19:24 am »

Indeed, I can imagine how some weapons would be impossible to hide however when talking about a pistol I question it.  As mentioned my liberal had a .44 and was wearing a trenchcoat.  If its an issue of disguise that is cool (though, sort of odd really, I don't think I need any real practice to put something in my pocket) I was just curious if I did something wrong.

For what its worth I have "Deons Mod" installed.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:44 pm »

Indeed, I can imagine how some weapons would be impossible to hide however when talking about a pistol I question it.  As mentioned my liberal had a .44 and was wearing a trenchcoat.  If its an issue of disguise that is cool (though, sort of odd really, I don't think I need any real practice to put something in my pocket) I was just curious if I did something wrong.

For what its worth I have "Deons Mod" installed.

Disguise isn't relevant, it's just a matter of having clothes that can conceal the weapon. And yeah, a .44 should, in theory, be concealed by a trenchcoat.

Deon's Mod alters hiding weapons; there was a bug where any clothes hides any weapon, and he fixed that. So .44 and trenchcoat might be a combination that slipped through and isn't working correctly in his mod. Even so, this is a small bug by comparison to the one he fixed.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:43:40 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:28 pm »

AFAIK any handgun can be hidden in any clothing, but I might be wrong. Trenchcoats can also hide SMGs and shotguns. I've never found this particularly useful, as a trenchcoat insn't a valid disguise anywhere that you'd actually want to have weapons. If I'm going to be spotted anyway, I'd rather just bring assault rifles and be done with it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:20:38 pm by Nilik »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 05:00:46 pm »

I can see do it in Apartments and on the lawn of the military base because they are less supicious then a fully automatic weapon and military body armor.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2011, 05:07:32 pm »

AFAIK any handgun can be hidden in any clothing, but I might be wrong. Trenchcoats can also hide SMGs and shotguns. I've never found this particularly useful, as a trenchcoat insn't a valid disguise anywhere that you'd actually want to have weapons. If I'm going to be spotted anyway, I'd rather just bring assault rifles and be done with it.

Trenchcoats are ok in areas that you don't need a disguise.  Also, you can always use stealth instead of disguise.  The advantage of trenchcoats is no automatic alarm by being spotted with SMGs or shotguns.  Carefully gauging when to leave is vital to survival.

Also, the MP5 has an accuracy boost, so untrained liberals will miss less with the SMG than assault rifles.  While the SMG may not always kill them, it will hurt then enough to prevent them from shooting back...most of the time.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 06:03:27 pm »

Trenchcoats trade stealth vs armor.
military body armor is not a commen disguise but it helps to keep you alive.
paired with a fully automatic weapon it is the blunt fist,your only strength is that you can out shoot or out last the cops.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 10:37:40 am »

I often pick stealthy leader, then on the first day steal a car and on the second raid the military base for lots of M16's, Carbines, Mags and Body Armor.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

And if you get one with high seduction you can get a few sleepers in the base  and get a small army early.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Pesi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2011, 06:12:41 pm »

I have a question, because I honestly don't know:

If you have a Teenager as a sleeper agent, does he grow up into a Political Activist?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »

I have a question, because I honestly don't know:

If you have a Teenager as a sleeper agent, does he grow up into a Political Activist?

Yes.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:53 am »

Question!

Is there any way to remove Supreme Court justices without getting the Amendment or whatever to have them all deported or waiting for each one to step down?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 02:28:20 am »

Question!

Is there any way to remove Supreme Court justices without getting the Amendment or whatever to have them all deported or waiting for each one to step down?

No. But if they're stopping you from winning, you should get the Amendment to boot them out.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2011, 11:11:33 am »

Question!

No. But if they're stopping you from winning, you should get the Amendment to boot them out.

Yeah, I was just wondering, I've never had them stop me from winning I don't think. Just something I was wondering. I thought I read somewhere that there was another way to kick them out or something lol
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12