Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Questions and Answers  (Read 19520 times)

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions and Answers
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:30 pm »

Alright, since this seems to be the thread for random questions; what counts as a "crime" for the purposes of nightmare mode? I know if you have someone selling music they accumulate "loitering" charges; are these likely to incur the wrath of the death squads? What about selling art? I'm trying to work out what I can and can't do without being death-squadded, and so far credit card fraud is looking like the least risky money-making strategy until I liberalize the system somewhat.
Yes. Loitering is what you get charged with if the Conservative Court System fails to find any legitimate crimes to slap you with. The Death Squad of the United States Police Force is duty bound to go after any and all criminals with lethal force, so they will pursue you for loitering.
Also, selling brownies is supposed to provide "boatloads" of money with the laws at C+, how much is "boatloads"? I never found brownies to be worth it in the regular game, but if I'm going to get shot at for selling music I might as well sell a more profitable product  :)
At C+ Drug Law, the brownies are so very hard to actually get that there is a x4 multiplier on their price, which is gotten from your liberal's Street Smarts (Or whatever it is called) skill. Of course, this will quickly bring down the Death Squads upon all but the most stealthy liberal, so make sure they can run or fight.

I plan on recruiting a bunch of disposible hobos and mutants, supplimented by anyone with decent agility. Any who survive to gain some juice will be recruited into the squad proper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 11:49:12 pm »

None of them will survive like that. They need prior training, just throwing them fresh into the fray all but guarantees death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:29 am »

You don't actually get charged with loitering until you're already arrested, so it's not directly relevant to death squads. But the death squads don't check your criminal record before pulling the trigger, either -- so you can be completely non-criminal and get targeted if you anger them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 03:09:32 pm »

Generally, a decently-armed liberal with no weapons skill can fight off a single death squad enforcer, due to the liberals having first strike.

Two death squad officers will kill you, even if armored and skilled.  Your liberal will disable one death squad officer, only to get shot by the other one.

Two points on recruits:
1) If you're going to recruit trash, crack heads often make decent recruits.  What you see is worse than what they become after they've "cleaned up" (gained enough juice to regain "civilian" status).  Many crack heads have good physical attributes, once juiced.
2) Don't underestimate health.  It determines whether a liberal can survive getting shot.  Putting body armor on liberals with one health is less useful than putting the same body armor on a liberal with 10 health.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »

Many crack heads have good physical attributes, once juiced.
Hence why they did not fully wither away while taking their delicious crack.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:38 pm »

Question: I have a problem: CCS has raided one of my safehouses... killed everyone (emphasis on the one)... and it's still "under siege".

Thing is, I have a kickass squad ready to try and take it back... but it's "under siege" despite having absolutely nothing to siege.

Does anyone have a way to fix this? Or is this a bug and can't be fixed?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 06:06:59 pm »

Go to the safehouse's screen and "surrender". If you can't do that, no, its a showstopper bug.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 06:14:18 pm »

Can't do it, I can't go to that safehouse and surrender.

Damn, there goes a safehouse. I do hope that it gets fixed someday, because that's really annoying. Granted, I'm playing Deon's mod, but I seem to remember Plump Helmet Punk having the same problem with a vanilla game.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 08:59:18 pm »

None of them will survive like that. They need prior training, just throwing them fresh into the fray all but guarantees death.

Like I said, agility will be a factor. I found my musicians would get harassed a lot in my last playthrough, but the one with 11 agility always managed to run away without fail. Anyone without good agility will be armed and armored, and I will expect to lose them anyway.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »

Actually, the "safest" form of fund raising is prostitution in C+ society.  Unlike other criminal forms of fundraising, prostitutes only get apprehended in "stings", which automatically lead to your liberal being arrested.  Just remember to check your liberal's status every once in a while, because prostitution randomly drains juice.

If a liberal's juice ever drops below -50, they automatically leave the squad.  But the juice drain takes a long time, and may not even occur after juice is negative.

Plus, you can hire "professionals" with "experience" in this particular criminal endevor, with job titles that denote their expertise.

DeathsDisciple

• Bay Watcher
  • He's nice (on the inside)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »

Another question:
*How do you edit a weapons clip size?
"And I believe that totalitarianism, if not fought against, could triumph again." - George Orwell
My YouTube Channel.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

its in art/clips then change ammo to X
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2011, 10:47:44 pm »

Basically, one of my few strategies that work in the game is sending anyone with 8 or higher agility to sell drugs, since they can outrun any cops. Although possibly not deathsquads, I haven't played with them too many times.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:54 am »

Deathsquads are young punks, who live for the thrill of the kill.  So you probably won't outrun them.

They also don't have body armor, so they're easily stopped by hot lead.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2011, 02:49:58 am »

How do you hide weapons when wearing a trench coat? I was wearing one with a .44 and I was almost immediately recognized to be carrying a weapon. Is it linked to your disguise skill or do you actually have to do something specific to hide weapons?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12