Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: starting equipment items  (Read 864 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
starting equipment items
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:34:56 am »

how would one go about changing the possible starting equipment for any/all races?

or is it not possible :(

currently haveing trouble with my Fanciful Creatures starting with burning equipment from Wanderer's Friend and i'd really like to fix it either by removing the burning equipment or removing the ability to start with it.

only thinking this fits here as its a question about modding some files btw,
who better to ask about modding then moders
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:03:53 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: starting equipment items
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:21 am »

I am not familiar with that mod. Is this 'Burning Equipment' a material (Ex. Burning Short Sword, to a copper short sword.) or is it a acually item?

If its a acually item, remove the [WEAPON:(the offending burning equipment)]

If its a material, remove [PERMITTED_REACTION:(the offending burning material)]

but removing the reaction won't help if the Burning Material can be aquired naturally 'Burning Tree' or 'Burning Rock'
If it's natural try finding the biomes that it appears in, tweak it so your civ doesn't embark in those locations, thus limiting them from that material

EDIT: anyone one of these could be the answer, or none of them at all. With my knowledge of the mod I can only give general solutions

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:25:57 am »

you think removing

[INORGANIC:FLAMING]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:burning]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:burning]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:burning]
   [IGNITE_POINT:10000]
   [HEATDAM_POINT:11000]
   [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10001]

will stop the stuff from catching fire? its the only thing with burn or fire in it i could find in all the mod's files

oh and the ability for mobs to burn, think that was built in already tho

that or moding the numbers up as so stuff doesnt just burst into flame?

but yea i think its somehow a material cus the items with it say burning (item name) without any sort of given material type tho i'm unable to find the items themselfs :|
i know i can add burning equipment in the arena tho but none of the files for it have a burning as material type or weapon type and i checked all the files :|

used ctrl f to search for: burn, burning, fire, and flaming. but i got nothing on any of them other then that last one and the campfire
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:37:21 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:25 am »

When things are on fire it doesn't saw burning [item name] it says !![item name]!!.
So, that probably means that burning is a material.
Also, don't remove that. It will crash your game if you play with temperature on.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:59:52 am »

well i couldnt find a burning material :| also it did have the !!s on the ends it just said !!burning (item name)!! no material word type in it, might have to just go without the mod its kinda glitchy tho i like being able to craft in adventure mode

deleted the mod files gunna see if i can still get the burning equipment if i can i guess i gotta redownload the whole thing
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:15:22 pm by Xotano »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »

the INORGANIC:FLAMING was the issue material there.

@NewsMuffin
there is already a FLAME material, so the INORGANIC:FLAMING probally borrows from FLAME or edits some other material_template

EDIT: so anthing made from FLAMING would be classed as "burning (item name)" or in this case "!!burning (item name)!!" so if the civ cannot gain access to the FLAMING material (Ie the INORGAINIC:FLAMING either by natural gathering or reactions) they cannot make stuff from the material.

Also what does the INORGANIC:FLAMING use a a template?
Ex. [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:(template)]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:24:52 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:19 pm »

i copyed all of INORGAINIC:FLAMING from "inorganic_tanmod" and pasted it up there, there wasnt any stuff on it that i missed

so this here answers your question

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE]

so what do i do with it eh? delete it? or change the numbers?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:45:44 pm by Xotano »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 12:45:14 pm »

The crappy thing about WOOD_TEMPLATE is that it was these

[ITEMS_HARD]
   [ITEMS_WEAPON]
   [ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED]
   [ITEMS_AMMO]
   [ITEMS_ARMOR]
   [ITEMS_SIEGE_ENGINE]
   This general material classifier determines various in-game behaviors.  There are several others below.
   [WOOD]

SO because of that your civ can craft stuff from them (thus making items that instantly ignite)
Your best bet is to go into material_template_default.txt copy the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE] paste it at the bottom and rename the copy FIRE_TEMPLATE and remove the above item tags

then in the INORGANIC:FLAMING change it's [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD_TEMPLATE] to [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FIRE_TEMPLATE]

And that should fix your "Burning equipment" issue and still allow the mod to work

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:48:30 pm »

awesome man, thanx :D

doing so and testing right away

also how does one do the spoiler post things i'm quite new to using forums

burning items still showing up in arena

oops sec think i forgot to save the other file ima try again

yea i had forgoten to save it, burning items are gone problem is solved thanx :D

also nvm the spoiler thing i can find out by looking at a quote from someone who used it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 12:59:26 pm by Xotano »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »

awesome man, thanx :D

doing so and testing right away

also how does one do the spoiler post things i'm quite new to using forums

burning items still showing up in arena

oops sec think i forgot to save the other file ima try again

yea i had forgoten to save it, burning items are gone problem is solved thanx :D

also nvm the spoiler thing i can find out by looking at a quote from someone who used it

When your writing a post theres a little icon that looks like a atomic symbol. thats for spoilers. or you could do it manunally with {spoiler}(instert text here){/spoiler}
Note change all '{'s to '['s and with a spoiler you can add a name to it using =(Text) so '{spoiler=Test}{/spoiler} would look like this
Spoiler: Test (click to show/hide)

EDIT: No Problem
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:10:33 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »