Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459064 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2820 on: July 29, 2013, 01:25:19 am »

While I am not too aware as to how much the AI actually cheats, for the sieges, it is fully possible that the AI isn't cheating. For one, sieges are somewhat randomized (far more than you'd think), the number of infantry or cavalry troops (but not cannon troops) don't matter much or at all for besieging (but not assaulting) as far as I know, and leaders with siege skill increase the speed of besieging, so if that is a good "level 6" general, he might have siege skill, and they might have him leading that unit.

The only case where it would possibly be blatant cheating would be if they are besieging cities with more garrison than they have troops and winning. Are they besieging cities with more than 1K men?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:27:58 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: July 29, 2013, 02:19:59 am »

Sweden could be a Lucky Nation (it usually is). Can't say if that's what's happening, but Lucky gives a variety of nasty bonuses.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 29, 2013, 03:55:20 am »

The bonuses from being lucky does include defending fortresses. If I recall correctly it was added in DW. You might want to check their advisers and ideas too. If their leader is good he's probably got a point or two in siege, which helps them out as well.

Code: [Select]
luck = {
merchant_compete_chance = 0.1
colonist_placement_chance = 0.1
missionary_placement_chance = 0.015
leader_fire = 1
leader_shock = 1
land_tech_cost_modifier = -0.02
trade_tech_cost_modifier = -0.02
naval_tech_cost_modifier = -0.02
government_tech_cost_modifier = -0.02
production_tech_cost_modifier = -0.02
spy_efficiency = 0.05
stability_cost_modifier = -0.50
officials = 0.25
defensiveness = 0.25
land_attrition = -0.25
}
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: July 29, 2013, 05:16:23 am »

Sorry to post this here, but I wanted to make sure I get all interested parties even if they haven't looked at the EU4 thread:

EU4 MP game

Ontopic-yes its most likely lucky, and Here is how you can turn it off

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 29, 2013, 05:38:18 am »

Or just... don't use Lucky Nations in the first place. Even as Random they tend to go for the same big nations that in most cases will do just fine without it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: July 29, 2013, 05:42:46 am »

Well it is nice to set up some big blobs for you to fight in the later game. But then fighting those blobs is ridiculously hard unless you turn it off.  And I wouldn't be surprised if turning it off made them pretty much auto-collapse anyway.

So its kinda a silly mechanic.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: July 29, 2013, 08:36:16 am »

Big countries are usually growing to their limit point, when they meet another big blog, or when their internal cultures are very different. Hence the fact that turning the "luck" off will surely made them collapse because of internal forces.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: July 29, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »

Has anyone else been checkin out quill18's video on EU4?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: August 01, 2013, 12:57:32 am »

OK. I'm watching Genoa's relations with me drop randomly by 20 as I keep giving them money and try to vassalize them. Needless to say its costing me quite a few ducats, and I can't figure out why. Anyone have ideas?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: August 01, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

Perhaps they're insulting you and you're not getting a pop-up message about it?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: August 01, 2013, 01:54:01 am »

How are you going to vassal Genoa in the first place? They're a merchant republic last time I checked. Diplovassal requires royal marriages last time I checked.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: August 01, 2013, 02:10:48 am »

Nope. I get other insult messages and they take away 50, not 20 relation. I also didn't see Amy related messages in that little message list above the map.

And I meant annex not vassalize. They were vassalized through war.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:55 pm »

If you try to annex a nation and they refuse it lowers your relations.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: August 01, 2013, 11:23:24 pm »

If you try to annex a nation and they refuse it lowers your relations.
That is not Micro's problem at all and it does not decrease by 20, it decreases by 50.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:55 am »

Yes I can just sit there and watch it drop by 20 without any type of indication that it is happening.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 194