Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459329 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2505 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:59 am »

That is the best part of giving military access. Especially against countries that declare war regardless. Like, say, starting as Navarra and immediately giving access to Aragon & Castille, and hoping they hold off on their attacks long enough for you to ally one of them. The other declares war and BAM! -5 stab :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 16, 2012, 11:01:49 am »

Georgia survived? How did they manage that?
Absolutely no idea, but their original territory is around the same size as Bohemia/Austria now and they've got a blob of similar size in Central Asia. Their borders have been completely stable for around 60-70 years, except for a recent Ottoman province that they took. I'll post a map later.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: November 16, 2012, 01:03:32 pm »

Here we go. The light blue blob next to the Ottomans is Georgia, as is the one in central Asia and the patch in Russia. But yeah, look at how much France got fucked up. England is going to need some heavyhanded abuse to get it cut down to size. Oh, yeah, and that's Muscowy, not the Golden Horde.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

3. Run Resize Enable

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:27 pm »

As long as we're posting images of Glorious Spain
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 16, 2012, 02:23:37 pm »

Did I hear images?

Behold, Dahan, Empire of (modern day) China, Indochina, Korea, Eastern Siberia, Australia, Philippines, Sulawesi, New Zealand, a buttload of random islands, and so on. Koch and Tibet are PU partners. The year is 1692. The mod is MEIOU.

I'm pretty much the leader of tech, have a crushing income 4 times the next highest, have the largest army in the world, the largest navy in the world, and the largest number of provinces in the world.

Also featuring: Weird Turkey, Large Croatia, Large Armenia, Kalmar Union, Meh Great Britain, Russia, Egypt, Mega Kanem Bornu, Mega Fez, Large Mutapa, Living Ethiopia, Large Timurids, a broken New World, Austria and Turkey in the New World, "Turkish Papal State" in southeast South America, still living Blue Horde, Shitting-it's-pants Cuzco, and Germans (Braunsweig) in the Kola Peninsula because the Kalmars couldn't be arsed. Oh, also, Papal colony with Somali culture in Lakshadweep for whatever goddamn reason.

If you're wondering, yes, I made a lot of no-CB wars. At this size and this income, it doesn't really hurt. I've also never broke the Infamy limit, and don't plan to.

My next targets are definitely Cham Pa and Qin, because they make my empire look ugly. I'll get around to the OPM Shan (see: east of mainland Bengal) eventually. Tidore and Bacan are in the same boat. Bengal is also a target and I've got a Conquest CB from a mission.

And this is possibly the first game I got this far without any reloading at all.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:30:29 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: November 16, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »

Playing as Spain, I have pretty much complete control over the new world. But I feel that it is a waste to only be collecting tariffs from them, and I can't move my capital there. Any creative ideas on how to turn the world into a machine that will give me godly power?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: November 16, 2012, 09:47:27 pm »

Damn it, Georgia is being a massive pain now. Genoa keeps spamming spies at me, and they happen to be allied with Georgia. They also happen to have a second province adjacent to Georgia. I've got a CB allowing for full annexation, but if I want to annex them, I have to siege that crappy, podunk province in the middle of nowhere, which means I've got to deal with roughly 80,000 screaming Georgians with >10% attrition rates wrecking my troops. I've got a province there that I took from Genoa earlier, so I might be able to soak them in a defensive war, but they're inevitably the alliance leader, so I can't make a side-deal with them. Taking that province in an earlier war cost me something like 65,000 casualties and I broke the war off right then because I didn't have the forces on hand to deal with the Georgian stack.

Also there's the whole bit about the alliance cascade bringing every European state that isn't Denmark, England, France, or Burgundy into the war on Genoa's side. I mean yes, that 2k+ ducat COT is a wonderful prize, but I wouldn't even be considering it if they weren't stirring up trouble in N. Africa and Iberia while I'm busy locking England out of the New World.

3. Run Resize Enable

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 17, 2012, 02:50:19 am »

Playing as Spain, I have pretty much complete control over the new world. But I feel that it is a waste to only be collecting tariffs from them, and I can't move my capital there. Any creative ideas on how to turn the world into a machine that will give me godly power?
Move your capital to an island in Europe first.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 17, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

Move your capital to an island in Europe first.
I've invested quite a lot in original Spain, and was wondering at what point it would be worth moving my capital to the new world. I already have all of my land connected (from Inca to Huron) and have been colonizing everything.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 17, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »

My current campaign... on one hand, I've successfully sealed North America off, from the westernmost part of Hudson Bay to the coast of Mexico. I own the entirety of the Caribbean, and am starting on sealing South America. I've got cores in the Caribbean as well. The only foreign shipping I've seen was a small multinational group that presumably sank after trying to return across the Atlantic. It's only 1549, so all is well on that front.

On the other hand, there's Europe.

So then:
-Georgia and the Ottomans are stable states.
-Ohgodohgod you can't see how big Muscowy has gotten in this little snippet.
-Austria, Bohemia, and Prussia seem to be enjoying themselves. No worries on that front.
-France is down to two provinces. I guess I might have spy-spammed them a bit too much.
-Naples has ceased to be a concern.
-The third largest navy in the world belongs to Free Normandy. Following, naturally, myself and England.
-Speaking of England...

Unfortunately my badboy is a bit high and I'm busy munching on Central America, so I can't really knock them down a few pegs at the moment.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: November 18, 2012, 06:14:40 am »

???

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: November 18, 2012, 06:26:41 am »

Poland can into Poland?
That's worse than the events I was getting as the Papal States where the Pope was mad at me for not attacking Heathens when I was.

Been playing a bit of EUIII after pretty much leaving it for CKII. Forgot how annoying the wars are, damn cascading alliances! I've been playing Death and Taxes (mostly because it was the only mod I still had installed) as Venice. Wanted to try a trade merchant empire with high innovation and religious tolerance. Instead due to a whole bunch of happy conquest events and a powerful alliance with Austria I'm well on my way to uniting Italy. 
Playing a united Italian naval power might be quite fun, even more so now that I've taken Gibraltar. All aboard the colonist train!

Also does anyone know if vassaling the Pope does anything (I've long since forgotten)? I vassal-ed him after getting a subjection mission (bug?) and it doesn't seem to give me any more Papal influence or anything. :(

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 18, 2012, 07:16:50 am »

You can easily make him have an opinion of 200 of you, which makes you immune to excommunication and increases your papal influence.

Lithuania actually stayed in a PU with me after I made peace with them. Strange.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 18, 2012, 10:42:51 am »

Last I checked, junior PU partners can only declare war on their senior for freedom, so that makes sense. If they win the war, they break the PU. If they lose, they don't. I think white peace counts as "winning".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 18, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

Lithuania somehow managed to sphere Silesia, so when I attacked Silesia they declared war at me. They never left the PU though, even though I 'lost' the war (I gave the some territories of my vassal).
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 194