Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459330 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2490 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:03 pm »

Now you just need to get Naples and you can call yourself the Kingdom of the Twin Peninsulas! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 14, 2012, 12:46:58 pm »

All those revolts in my poor and beloved country are Austria's fault. We were midwar, then Twiggie edited the peace terms in. I have to take my army west and break the rebels' and Castille's legs. Their excommunication of my King has been doing horrors for my prestige.

I also hope you enjoyed Sabotaged Trade Routes (-50% movement speed), courtesy of Serbian bombs. :P

I sort of never noticed it because, you know, my army moves by ship.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:23 pm »

Uh...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »

Uh...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A heir will appear eventually... In a few decades. It might be worthwhile to change into a Republic.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:13 am »

Actually I'm pretty sure he should end up with a different dynasty or in a PU within a couple years..

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 15, 2012, 07:12:29 pm »

This is rather bizarre. I'm not sure exactly where the tipping point was, but in my current campaign France is now a third-rate minor power. Around 2/5 of it has fallen to minors (including a number that I got released with persistent application of rebels), and around 1/5 each to England and Burgundy. England is going to need a good stomping; I'm far ahead of them in the colonialism game (it isn't even the 1480s and I already own most of the NA eastern seaboard and the Caribbean), but they've taken chunks out of France, Norway, Denmark, and a number of eastern European minors. Curiously, they've left one of the Irish kingdoms, Cornwall (released during an early war with me), and Wales alone. I took the chance to expand my sphere, just in case.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 15, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

Ah yes, the sphere of influence. Is there any point in spreading this except for potential CBs?

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:04 am »

It gives you magistrates and boosts your diplomatic skill, also it prevents some actions if you have a truce with the larger country.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: November 16, 2012, 12:05:37 am »

It gives you cbs, and prevents other countries from sphering them. You would want to sphere a country you want to invade eventually so that your rival doesn't sphere it, for instance.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: November 16, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

But mostly the potential CB on the only other contender in the colonial race. I bumped off Portugal around half a century ago, England has killed Denmark and is pushing Sweden into a corner, and France has around 2/3 of the provinces it still owns captured by someone-or-other. Pretty sure they've been locked into a death spiral.

Meanwhile Georgia is a stable power in Eastern Europe with more land than France, steadily taking bites out of the Ottomans.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:13 am »

Georgia survived? How did they manage that?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 16, 2012, 02:28:29 am »

It's about time I gave this a go.  Anything someone who has only played CK2 should know?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: November 16, 2012, 03:11:50 am »

royal marriages aren't usually worth it, get quest for the new world and colonists as early as possible. Inflation is okay, as long as you don't have too much, that said masters of the mint are the best advisors, get them if possible. Avoid loans.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: November 16, 2012, 03:47:21 am »

royal marriages aren't usually worth it
Until you inherit Austria. They're also useful for keeping monsters off your back like Bohemia and France.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 16, 2012, 08:48:02 am »

Plus, I don't know if it actually works this way, but anything that will cause a stability hit to them to declare war on you is a good thing. Either to prevent the actual declaration, or to make the war itself easier. Lower stability countries are easier to hurt in a war. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 194