Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459354 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2445 on: November 06, 2012, 01:12:46 am »

Holy shit, I just got a general with 6/6/6 stats. I really wish you could rename generals. :P
"Leman Russ"?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:25 am »

The Always War mod is hilarious. I'm Japan, with that side of the world pretty much all in my hands (Got all of China, Korea, and Manchuria, working on Indonesia). However, popping over to Europe produces some very interesting (and tidy) borders:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm done for tonight. This game makes time fly like no other :P

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: November 06, 2012, 07:24:38 am »

Yeah, you can get some insane realities in that there game. It may have something to do with the whole "Everyone is at war" aspect. :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 06, 2012, 03:05:07 pm »

Paradox is working on EU IV now ya know guys?  It's going to be AWESOME.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:25 pm »

Yeah we got a dedicated thread about it. It sank to the bottom of the forum since people didn't seem quite as interested in the Dev Diaries as I did. :<
(The latest DD is epic by the way)

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:40 pm »

The Always War mod is hilarious. I'm Japan, with that side of the world pretty much all in my hands (Got all of China, Korea, and Manchuria, working on Indonesia). However, popping over to Europe produces some very interesting (and tidy) borders:

*snip*

I'm done for tonight. This game makes time fly like no other :P

Looks like Tyrone finally got his shit together :P. Also how exactly did Wales get free, Since iirc it either starts under Englands control or is a vassal at one point. I guess it got released in a war?
Blargh.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:15 pm »

Looks like Tyrone finally got his shit together :P. Also how exactly did Wales get free, Since iirc it either starts under Englands control or is a vassal at one point. I guess it got released in a war?

Wales starts in a personal union with England in Death and Taxes. Find it a little odd Tyrone hasn't formed Ireland yet, I'm guessing they must have to be at peace for the union event.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 06, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »

Paradox is working on EU IV now ya know guys?  It's going to be AWESOME.

That was announced months ago. :P

Also, in my game currently, AI Genoa has a COT in all of its provinces. And they are all like incredibly profitable. Da fuq.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: November 07, 2012, 12:17:58 pm »

Also, in my game currently, AI Genoa has a COT in all of its provinces. And they are all like incredibly profitable. Da fuq.

That happened to me on a smaller scale.  The bottom half of portugual became a bunch of CoTs for apparently no reason; although player decisions are restricted to creating from non-adjacent provinces to other COTs, AI seems to make the smallest possible change in distance for their new ones.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: November 07, 2012, 12:34:38 pm »

I decided to run my current Sweden game as Always War. It's barely into the 1360s and I've already gobbled Norway (+Iceland and the little North Sea islands), Denmark, a good chunk of Novgorod, and a bunch of the little provinces south of Denmark. England has everything in the Isles save Orkney and I mean to keep it that way just to be a dick. Sort of strange to be outclassing the English at sea, though. Don't need to really worry about my Eastern front, things are so disorganized in Russia that I can just keep picking off more bits of land with my stack over there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 07, 2012, 01:31:56 pm »

Whish i had gotten a picture in it, but in my current game as naples, As I slowly secured my position in Italy, the Byzantine Empire decided that North Africa belonged to it, and took everything from Egypt to Grenada. Sadly for them they still lost all their Greek holdings, and due to that the African Byzantine empire essentially disintegrated overnight.

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 11, 2012, 07:14:55 am »

I decided for the first time to play as a large horde country (Golden Horde in AzeriMod), this was quite difficult for the first century or so but fun nevertheless. However now it's the start of the 16th century, I'm incredibly backwards and earning next to nothing due to my "Overextension" modifier (in fact, my only income is from my two gold producing provinces), I have fairly high inflation and soon I'm going to be unable to maintain my country without minting.
I'm confident I can defeat any foes I might have for the next few decades, but I realise my state is slowly becoming obsolete and it's only my alliances keeping me alive.

What should I do? Should I start releasing nations? I don't really want to but it's the only solution I can think of. I kind of want to form Turkestan.

The good news is that this proves that I'm playing a horde correctly, since the real Golden Horde went through pretty much the same problems before it got wiped out. :p

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: November 11, 2012, 08:06:56 am »

Well to "play a horde correctly" the first step is to create the Mughal empire, so you can reform the government. As the Golden Horde you should always be moving south towards India and attempting to reunite the horde countries in your way. Knowing where and when to build forts in your provinces can be the hardest part of a Khanate.
The Mughal empire should get you a despotanic kingdom if I remember correctly and from there you should be able to "westernise" to the Muslim military tech tree easily due to the Indian Muslim nations that should border your country.

Playing an "unwestern civ" in EU3 is all about westernising as soon as possible. The tech penalty is never worth it. Focusing on centralisation and innovation from the start and knowing what events that allow you to reform the government are key to dominating as a tribal civ.

From your current situation I can't really give advice. The less time spent as a horde country the better really. You should be looking for ways to modernise your military and government. The massive tech penalty that Khanates give you are going to make you extremely weak in the end, not to mention tribal succession crises. You could look into creating the Mughal empire but I fear it might be too late for you, your tech would just be lagging behind too much.
You can in theory just outclass the AI in strategy but chances are it will become too tedious when your horde of horse archers gets mowed down by gun and cannon.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:18:13 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 11, 2012, 09:18:54 am »

I've actually already Westernised partially (to Muslim Tech), I could Westernise again if I actually got a decent ruler. I've also reformed into a despotic Kingdom, thank God!

I never really considered going for India, it's so far away! I don't really want to either, it's too gamey for me.

Does the fact that I'm now a Muslim tech Kingdom change my chances of survival at all for you? Like I said, currently I can survive, I'm just wary about my future. I'd rather not abandon my game, I haven't taken over all of the steppes yet!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:45 pm »

I'm not 100% sure it will be "awesome" EU4. A lot of scripted things and fixed bonuses...
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 194