Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459361 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2430 on: October 29, 2012, 04:49:07 pm »

new king will pop up eventually i think

No. No thats not happening. Its been like 5 years.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »

new king will pop up eventually i think

No. No thats not happening. Its been like 5 years.
Five years is nothing. Give it a decade or two.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 29, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »

Five years is nothing. Give it a decade or two.

Are you serious? Fuck that, I'd be better off going into the Save files and editing in a new ruler.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 29, 2012, 05:33:16 pm »

Maybe try killing your non-existent heir with the console?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2434 on: October 29, 2012, 05:34:40 pm »

I've been thinking of playing this again, but I figured I'd have a look at some mods. Anyone got any suggestions? Aside from Magna Mundi, of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: October 29, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »

Personally, I'd recommend MEIOU. Though I'm sure many others would recommend Death and Taxes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »

Both!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: October 29, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »

Personally, I find death and taxes far, far too easy. I should not be able to conquer germany without going over the infamy limit before 1600.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: October 30, 2012, 05:02:31 am »

MEIOU is far too easy, too.

I played as Granada, Lithuania (as a pagan state) and Maya.

With the three different countries, I was able to become the richest country in the world in 1600. As Granada i became the most advanced country, and as maya I was able to fully westernalize before 1600.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: November 01, 2012, 05:23:43 pm »

So, playing as Castille, dominated the new world, all civilizations were annexed by me, to my knowledge I have the highest income (abandoned trade for taxes and tariffs), and yet I have a few problems.

1) My income is actually not that high, I have to take on a ton of inflation in order to make money. I am going mercantilism because I got a few CoT's under my control and wasn't getting the shrewd commerce practice idea. I always had an excess of money while going trading. I have no tricks to getting tons of money with taxes and tariffs. I need tips.

2) France was breathing down my neck. I had half my troops keeping the new world in-check, and was half spec'ed into naval, so all I could do was hide inside Portugal and take potshots at him, waiting until his WE was high enough to sacrifice a vassal or something that I gained along the way. I temporarily solved this by giving Portugal the one land that connected us, so I am hoping that it will be a long bloody struggle for them to get to me. I need advice on how Castille can possibly stop France. (I have been excommunicating them as much as possible)

3) Portugal is getting into the new world! I don't know how they got the range to go from portugal to bermuda (I have the azores, and every other island), let alone how they explored as much as they did without the QftNW idea. Any sneaky ways that I could kick them out? Declaring war on them would bring in England. Bad idea.

I am going mercantilism, narrow minded, defensive, quality, slightly naval, and maybe serfdom. Tell me what I am doing wrong!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:43 pm »

I rarely play Castile/Spain but when I do I often focus on taking Portugal out of the picture early. A decent war when they don't have any good allies or a royal marriage and a diplo-annexation will leave the whole New World to yourself. You'll be swimming in man-power and tariffs which you can use to completely wreck any European threat. 

Since Portugal is still around and kicking it makes things more complex. Portugal is programmed to always colonise and to always seek out strong allies, usually England. If they're trading a lot through your CoTs an embargo might cut down their colonial efforts a bit. Saving up money and sending down a rain of rebels is always fun.
You could always play the waiting game and wait for when England gets locked into the mandatory war with France. England should be too pre-occupied protecting the channel to worry about her allies.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46:39 pm »

I avoided smashing Portugal because I already bit into them, and they helped me smash most of italy. I can't really get rid of them now, as they are what is preventing France from declaring war on me.

I may just have to take the infamy hit for every one of their territories, and in the meanwhile, crippling them economically.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:32 am »

I avoided smashing Portugal because I already bit into them, and they helped me smash most of italy. I can't really get rid of them now, as they are what is preventing France from declaring war on me.

I may just have to take the infamy hit for every one of their territories, and in the meanwhile, crippling them economically.

Ally with burgundy.  That's what I did with my current Castille/Spain game (admittedly, on easy).  Then, let Burgundy curbstomp France into nothing, and hope they don't betray you. 

I managed to get to the 1500's before Burgundy reached my border, and then they declared war with England, who I was allied with, not me (probably because I was the only person with more income and a loarger standing army than them, I had most of the new world; west coast and southern south america excluded because I kept losing conquistadors, and all the african/asian mediterranean coast from various holy wars called on me).  I stupidly went to England's aid and got wrecked by Burgundy and half of the HRE that they were allies with, so I gave away all of England's territories instead of my whole mainland. :)

Now, with 200k standing army sitting at Burgundy's border, I'm not so worried about them attacking.  I only have 30k troops patrolling all of the new world and 20k in africaisa.  Also, your inflation sounded rather high.  Did you get the inflation reduction national idea?  I still have 0% inflation and 8k extra money not even minting past what that would negate, and not counting centralization's reductions or easy mode reductions.  Don't mint too much, just stall the ends of wars when you've conquered every zone and raise war taxes for a bit.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:49 pm »

Burgandy wouldn't ally with me all game, WERE allied with France, and now is down to about 5 territories.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:17 pm »

Holy shit, I just got a general with 6/6/6 stats. I really wish you could rename generals. :P

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 194