Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459393 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2325 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31:01 am »

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

Ottoman Empire just declared war on me, and not only do they have an army 4 times my size, all of their individual units are all stronger then mine. Welp.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:26:13 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: August 15, 2012, 12:33:52 pm »

you should have gotten alliances with everyone and their mothers. If you somehow survive promptly do so
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: August 15, 2012, 12:36:39 pm »

you should have gotten alliances with everyone and their mothers. If you somehow survive promptly do so

You *do* know that Alliances are extremely hard to get past 2 or 3 allies? Sure, I have 4 alliances, but half of those were due to releasing states and PU's. It is literally impossible for me to get alliances with anyone else.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:24 pm »

Wait, why are the ottomans even at your border?

didnt you ally byzantium on game start to stop the otto's retaking constantinople?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: August 15, 2012, 01:15:24 pm »

You *do* know that Alliances are extremely hard to get past 2 or 3 allies? Sure, I have 4 alliances, but half of those were due to releasing states and PU's. It is literally impossible for me to get alliances with anyone else.

you *do* know that if you get 2 or 3 good allies you'll fuck up the ottomans? (I.E. the knights, bulgaria if their not fucked up, etc.)

EDIT: ya, if you didn't ally at start ur fucked like Twigs said

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: August 15, 2012, 01:19:09 pm »

I didn't, It may also be because I left Lucky historical nations on like an idiot.

I ended up giving away my entire eastern Border to the Ottomans. Worse still, England declared war on me for NO REASON WHAT SO EVER. I'm starting to think that the Ottomans are ungodly overpowered, seeing that even though in some battles in which I had an Army twice the size of the Ottomans with a really god leader, they STILL won. Lossing a battle against a foe of equal force is one thing, getting your 20+ armies slapped around by 3000 man armies is quite another.

((Also, to futher Confirm my theory of "AI is a cheating bastard", Austria managed to declare a Reconquest war without any cores on my territory. That just screams "I CAN DO STUFF YOU CAN'T!")

Can someone please host another MP match? Human players can't cheat as much as the AI does.

you *do* know that if you get 2 or 3 good allies you'll fuck up the ottomans? (I.E. the knights, bulgaria if their not fucked up, etc.)

Thats the thing, I had Alliances with Bulgaria, Venice, Naples, and Transylvania (Released from Hungary.) Ottomans had no major alliances. By all means, I should have fucked them up.

Luckily, I ended up giving them enough Badboy to have a bunch of Nations attack them. Plus I still have a PU with Naples.

Maybe now I can work on being like the Swiss and keeping the land I have.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:24:24 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: August 15, 2012, 01:23:34 pm »

You could also try to become a vassal of the Ottomans. Sometimes becoming a vassal is one of the best things you can do if you're a smaller nation. You'll likely be converted to Sunni which you can use to expand with military backing from your Ottoman master, stealing a couple rich christian provinces.
You can then slowly plot against the Turks using spies to weaken them when they enter a bad war or they've over-expanded too much. Break the vassalhood and the alliance and strike back against them claiming their lands and you can then choose to convert back to Christian via losing wars or stay with Sunni, perhaps vassalise them for nationalist irony. After you own most of Greece, the Balkans and Turkey the world shouldn't hold much threat whether you're Islamic or not.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: August 15, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »

I'm starting to think that the Ottomans are ungodly overpowered, seeing that even though in some battles in which I had an Army twice the size of the Ottomans with a really god leader, they STILL won. Lossing a battle against a foe of equal force is one thing, getting your 20+ armies slapped around by 3000 man armies is quite another.
The Ottomans were also extremely strong (at least morale wise) in my own Serbia MEIOU game, so it's likely not anything new.

((Also, to futher Confirm my theory of "AI is a cheating bastard", Austria managed to declare a Reconquest war without any cores on my territory. That just screams "I CAN DO STUFF YOU CAN'T!")
Maybe they have a mission?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: August 15, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

but the knights meh lad, THE KNIGHTS.

and become a vassal? pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, that's like losing temporarily

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:54 pm »

Maybe they have a mission?

If they had a mission, it would have been a "Conquest" war.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: August 15, 2012, 01:30:00 pm »

If they had a mission, it would have been a "Conquest" war.
Ah, good point.

Maybe an event then? I'm pretty sure events can give CBs, right?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: August 15, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »

and become a vassal? pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, that's like losing temporarily
While I tend to agree I have to also say it feels like a slightly different game when you're a vassal. You have to maintain a healthy realtionship with your master while knowing when it's the best to strengthen her or to weaken her. Then if you do managed to rebel and win you have to then focus on your master's former enemies.
It's also a decent spot to be in if you want to trade it up. Since you're small you should tech up quickly and the right government/sliders should have you cutting a mean profit even with them taking a tariff.

I think oneday I'll try to play a vassal state from 1399-1820 trying to make myself and my master strong and trying not to be diplo-annexed. The question is what country? Scotland? Ulm?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 15, 2012, 01:34:54 pm »

Apparently it wasn't a bug.

No one gets a religious CB against Lithuania until they get the option to convert. If they do stay animist, which is very rare, then you will be able to use religious CB's against them.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: August 15, 2012, 01:51:03 pm »

Phooey.

By the way, I've never had a case of "damn cheating AI!". More then likely you just didn't notice they had a core on you before it was removed after the 50 year limit. That, and once you notice they go absolutely balls-to-the-wall with minting/inflation, war taxes, and mercs...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: August 15, 2012, 02:00:40 pm »

While I tend to agree I have to also say it feels like a slightly different game when you're a vassal. You have to maintain a healthy realtionship with your master while knowing when it's the best to strengthen her or to weaken her. Then if you do managed to rebel and win you have to then focus on your master's former enemies.
It's also a decent spot to be in if you want to trade it up. Since you're small you should tech up quickly and the right government/sliders should have you cutting a mean profit even with them taking a tariff.

I think oneday I'll try to play a vassal state from 1399-1820 trying to make myself and my master strong and trying not to be diplo-annexed. The question is what country? Scotland? Ulm?

You can't actually be diploannexed forcibly.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194