Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451756 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 03:41:49 pm »

Well, not just advisors. I make great people, then wait until their time limit for personal use is up, then people buy them from me based of their level. I haven't found any other use for all those ministers I get so I use them all for great people for money.

I feel like it's an exploit because you can't read part of the history notes without seeing the words "commisioned a painting".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »

That should be fixed by the last patch.
Anyways, are there more people who hate the blue/golden horde...?
They just attacked me when I was barely winning a war against Sweden/Kiev. Now i had to make a white peace so I could deal with the horde

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 03:54:28 pm »

That should be fixed by the last patch.
Anyways, are there more people who hate the blue/golden horde...?
They just attacked me when I was barely winning a war against Sweden/Kiev. Now i had to make a white peace so I could deal with the horde
MEIOU player? ;)

Anyway, I'm sure EVERYONE hates EVERY horde. Georgia especially, squashed between two mighty hordes. And a pipsqueak who's about as strong as it.

If you pay tribute to a horde, they will not attack you until you declare war on them. So if they're getting in your way, just pay them off.

Alternatively, smash all their armies, occupy all their lands, and forget about them. They can't do smack and since it's not an official war, you won't loose the "peace" war exhaustion subtraction bonus.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 04:14:55 pm »

Yeah, I play MEIOU :)
I paid them off last time and later crushed them and took a few provinces. I than made peace with them what was a really stupid idea now I'm thinking of it...
I'll just hope my armies are large enough to defeat them once more.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2011, 04:04:19 pm »

So, England's colonised Latin America while Spain owns the North. Scotland owns Africa, the Mongol Khanate is a Noble Republic larger than Russia, and Tibet's conquered China.

Fair to say, my current game is SEVERLEY screwed up.
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2011, 02:57:48 pm »

But of course!

So, I resurrected Byzantium (*looks away* I started in 1405) and now I just can't colonize with it, it just feels wrong.

Anyway, if I claimed the HRE throne would that qualify as reuniting Rome to you?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2011, 03:02:02 pm »

But of course!

So, I resurrected Byzantium (*looks away* I started in 1405) and now I just can't colonize with it, it just feels wrong.

Anyway, if I claimed the HRE throne would that qualify as reuniting Rome to you?
Nope. HRE is neither Holy, nor Roman. Go retake Italy.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2011, 03:14:34 pm »

So am I missing something or is the only way to take someone's entire county from them initiating a war with them? No matter how low I put some other country's reaction to me they will not attack me.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2011, 03:17:28 pm »

If you vassalise them, you can annex them peacefully after a while, and if you get a personal union with them, you can inherit the country. Both methods also give you a perma-ally for a while.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

Oh, I might do that. Thanks.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

But of course!

Nor an Empire.

Anyway when I say 'resurrected' I mean 'holds all of the Balkans, Asia Minor, Egypt and all of the African Mediterranean coast, having thouroughly kicked the combined asses of Genoa, Castille and Portugal, all while forgetting to land my last 20k troops in Iberia.'

I have all of Italy that isn't in the Empire, and have vassalized most of the rest of it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »

But of course!

Nor an Empire.

Although you can certainly adopt an Imperial Admission the second you form the HRE.

So, England's colonised Latin America while Spain owns the North. Scotland owns Africa, the Mongol Khanate is a Noble Republic larger than Russia, and Tibet's conquered China.

Fair to say, my current game is SEVERLEY screwed up.

And thats why its the greatest "What If?" game to date. Its not afraid to think that some events would never happen if, say, Scotland remained indepentent forever, or France never became the France we know today.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2011, 04:20:01 pm »

I swear the AI plays against you sometimes. For instance, they can walk through my territory without my permission. No they are not at peace, which is how you are usually allowed to walk through others territory, they are at war, and several nations walk through my territory without having permission. Why are they allowed to do this?

Others include:

- Attacking a territory with a half built army, and then suddenly a full 1000 troops spawn when I land there.

- Superpowers like France and Britain don't join in on a war if I do, but if I reload the save and stay out of the war, they do join, but leave when I join.

- Enemies will not accept peace with me. Other nations, weaker, smaller armies, more territories, get out with stupid things like paying 11 ducats. I give everything possible and they refuse it.

/rage

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »

I swear the AI plays against you sometimes. For instance, they can walk through my territory without my permission. No they are not at peace, which is how you are usually allowed to walk through others territory, they are at war, and several nations walk through my territory without having permission. Why are they allowed to do this?

Others include:

- Attacking a territory with a half built army, and then suddenly a full 1000 troops spawn when I land there.

- Superpowers like France and Britain don't join in on a war if I do, but if I reload the save and stay out of the war, they do join, but leave when I join.

- Enemies will not accept peace with me. Other nations, weaker, smaller armies, more territories, get out with stupid things like paying 11 ducats. I give everything possible and they refuse it.

/rage
If you're a member of the HRE, the HRE can walk through your territories while at war.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2011, 04:25:08 pm »

Ah, good to know.

EDIT: Wait.... France isn't int he HRE is it???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 194