Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 459429 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2805 on: May 12, 2013, 07:54:07 pm »

As far as I know keeping them at negative Prestige or relations is the only peaceful way to get out of it. Alternatively you could wait a long time and hope that Straubing isn't lucky when Bavaria begins uniting via events, and wait until Straubing is inherited. I think that MIGHT end the PU. Well, unless Straubing was lucky and became Bavaria instead of the other two.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:03 am »

castelle beating france theres a few ways. : Mission youre way through africa ( ones where u get a core) u get more tax income 10% for non cores, 100% tax fore cores - other option is to swing into italy if u get mission for sicily as castelle.  Take out portugul or just wait till france and burgengy split and start fighting, u may not immedialtley be able to take france, other option is wait until france gets involved with austraia or bohemia.  Try not to let them become to big, play the game of attrition and any enemies they have make good friends of youres ( not so much england but italian states, austria or germanic areas)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:29 am »

Orrrrrrrrr, beat up Portugal, colonize 90% of America, then zerg rush France while they are in a big war.

pedrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »

castelle beating france theres a few ways. : Mission youre way through africa ( ones where u get a core) u get more tax income 10% for non cores, 100% tax fore cores - other option is to swing into italy if u get mission for sicily as castelle.  Take out portugul or just wait till france and burgengy split and start fighting, u may not immedialtley be able to take france, other option is wait until france gets involved with austraia or bohemia.  Try not to let them become to big, play the game of attrition and any enemies they have make good friends of youres ( not so much england but italian states, austria or germanic areas)

Yeah, if you're castelle your best bet is to take purtugul and then wait for burgengy and austraia to beat up france.

Later the gulton harde and miszkowy usually get into wars with orgland and gletowia, and gurgururu signs a peace with fhseuina. Try to send some spies to sdkahjfb and rekjoasd and you'll be set!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:37 pm »

idk about whatever mod you're playing, but from my experience france normally fights with bohemia pretty early on, when they attack bar or burgundy. thats the best time to hit them, and force them to free some countries - just keep an eye on the power vacuum to make sure nobody else capitalises more than you.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: May 13, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »

Yeah, if you're castelle your best bet is to take purtugul and then wait for burgengy and austraia to beat up france.

Later the gulton harde and miszkowy usually get into wars with orgland and gletowia, and gurgururu signs a peace with fhseuina. Try to send some spies to sdkahjfb and rekjoasd and you'll be set!

Not a fan of subtlety, are we?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »

English might not be his first language, man.
Hello Hunam

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: May 14, 2013, 12:50:40 am »

The fact that he only misspelled the names of countries, and misspelled some of the later ones beyond recognition, makes me think he was probably mocking ollobrains.

Plus, the rest of his posts are perfectly spelled.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: May 15, 2013, 07:31:42 pm »

Eh, I rationalized my way into RPing Bohemia into not giving a shit. Now I'm the United Provinces and I'm getting ready to brutally conquer enlighten African nations for Fun and Profit!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: May 17, 2013, 01:31:50 pm »

hello, anyone saw the paradox campaign to spread the europa universalis IV newsletter ? it's based on a referal system, referers can win a copy of europa universalis III if they sign in 10 peoples. I thought it'd be the right place to find peoples that'd understand why I want this game :p

I'll leave my link in the spoiler if anyone care to sign in :)

I'll gladly share the other goodies if anyone's interested, I'm not planning to buy the 4th anytime soon.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: May 17, 2013, 09:29:42 pm »

I already got it for free when they announced EU4, and definitely not before that. I would never have done that.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: May 17, 2013, 09:41:06 pm »

I hope this isn't day one DLC

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: May 17, 2013, 10:54:49 pm »

It's pre-order/day one dlc. CKII had the same thing with the More Dynasty Shields 1 and Mongol Faces if I remember correctly.

I already posted this in the EUIV thread which I believe we should be using instead of this one. Don't want to see people's gameplay questions buried under EUIV discussion. Although I guess it doesn't really matter all that much in the end.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 11:01:29 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: May 18, 2013, 09:02:59 pm »

definitely not before that. I would never have done that.

i hear you man

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 29, 2013, 12:40:01 am »

Well I started up another game as Denmark, and I am convinced that Sweden is cheating. I had Norway some Holstein allied against him, he has maxed war exhaustion, he was down to his last stack of 15 men and 0% war potential left..... And then bull**** starts happening. He gets a lvl 6 general, we exchange blows of hundreds of men each, he never seems to run out of reinforcements even though I am spamming the Denmark special event that allows me to resupply myself with manpower for 40 ducats. He ends up out reinforcing me. Then I start using my naval advantage to make his stack dance hoping to either capture, or give my allies time to capture some provinces. But then his 1 stack army that he built while somehow out reinforcing me starts taking  provinces (specifically 2 before I can even get one of their towns to start burning), making me give up. And this took decades in which, at max WE and high revolution rates, he only had 2 lands captured by rebels. Our rebels? About 3 times as many, appearing on lands that had 0 revolt risk.

Perhaps there is a mod that lets me view a country's details that you can't normally see, or, if this is confirmed cheating, a way to disable it?
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 194