Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451864 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2745 on: January 27, 2013, 12:17:31 pm »

You need a transport ship: Cogs, Flytes, etc.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »

Ah, I'd really hate to ask this, but does anybody have a spare key of Europa Universalis 3 from the email? It would be greatly appreciated. Always was a fan of the Crusader Kings series and Hearts of Iron, but never got around to actually playing EU3, and I figured it would be a nice time to try it out.

Thanks Karlito!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:13:56 pm by Carcanken »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: February 22, 2013, 06:44:58 pm »

You know, just when I thought my MEIOU game couldn't possibly get more interesting, I get an Southeast Asian nation named Batak revolting free in Foix even though I'm pretty sure they were never catholic. Great, now I've got SE Asian named kings in Europe with European family names.

As for Foix themselves, they're now a barque nation in Nafarroa.

Elsewhere in the world, Yaroslav is a giant in Russia (and arguably the one that would unite Russia if they tried), Karaman is a medium sized power, Medium-power Brittany is punching France around every once and a while, Abkhazia is an evil Sunni twin of Georgia, Mali crushed Fez, Ming is on Sumatra, the Blue Horde is somehow still alive, there's actually a Jewish province on the map in Ethiopia, and the world is generally just a bloody bloody absolute mess. And it's only 1583.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: February 22, 2013, 08:17:01 pm »

What the hell have you done to the world.

The oddest things I've seen in my games were an England being fisted by a united Ireland (though France's [my] rebel funding may have played a part), a strong Moroccan presence in Italy, and the Golden Horde knocking on Burgundy's doorstep.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: February 22, 2013, 08:33:52 pm »

Nothing! All I've done is sit in west-central Europe as Bayern-Munchen eating HRE provinces from non-HRE countries (Woo! Free cores! Thanks Flanders!) while vassalizing various minors. I have not set foot anywhere else, not even France. The AI has just been playing really oddly this game, resulting in very odd results.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:35:29 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: March 04, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »

Does anyone remember the requirements to be able to claim an opposing capital as part of a peace treaty?

I know usually you can't, but it seems to me if it was disconnected from the rest of their provinces then you could, however this no longer seems to be the case.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 04, 2013, 04:58:01 pm »

you can, it also has to be disconnected by sea, though. so if their capital has a port and they have any other port then you can't claim their capital without annexing or first taking every other port (and land connection)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: March 05, 2013, 08:57:11 am »

Not even a frigate nation? What a shame.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:43 am »

Not even a frigate nation? What a shame.

Humor!

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 06, 2013, 11:23:04 am »

Hey ! I LIVE there !

vladris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:35 am »

just downloading game :)  I will post my opinion after playing EUIII

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 09, 2013, 05:25:36 am »

I bet that opinion is going to come with at least one question.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 09, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »

I bet that opinion is going to come with at least one question.
Understatement of the year. :P

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 12, 2013, 06:27:37 am »

hey there, guess that'd be the right place to ask if someone had yet another extra eu3 key left  :)

thank you so very much !

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: March 12, 2013, 01:38:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Playing as Naples and having a decent run at attempting to form Italy, but I've run into a roadblock; I can't figure out how to acquire Firenze without committing suicide. I have an RM with them, we're allied, relations are 190+, but Tuscany just won't become my vassal. They keep rejecting my offers.

If I tried to go the 'screw the BB, I want that province' route, I'd get dogpiled by Milan, Bohemia, and Aragon. I could potentially take on Milan without any issues, and I'm not sure Bohemia has an actual land route to me, but Aragon is doing particularly well; they've been just ahead of me on taking out and annexing Sicily, Sardinia, and Achaea so far this game and their navy is much more powerful than mine. Their land forces are about an even match, give or take a few thousand, but between them and Milan I'd have a hard time waging the war... all for an OPM.

So unless I'm missing something, my best option is to sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and spam Tuscany with vassalization offers with the chance of acceptance being 'Impossible'. *le sigh*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:45:47 pm by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 194