Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451773 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2730 on: January 26, 2013, 09:15:46 pm »

Ayup.

Was quite the surprise. Even the email subject didn't make it seem like you got anything. "Paradox Interactive Reaches 500,000 Members! Celebrates with a gift to all our fans"

I'm not particularly sure why I read it but was glad I did.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 27, 2013, 02:24:29 am »

the email subject didn't make it seem like you got anything.
Uh huh.
"Celebrates with a gift to all our fans."
That certainly doesn't seem like it contains a gift, not in the slightest.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 27, 2013, 02:44:37 am »

Here's an e-mail I literally just received.

"Play RIFT now and be rewarded!"

WOW! CLEARLY THEY'RE GIVING ME SOMETHING RIGHT!?

"Starting January 17th 2013, be the first 100 to purchase a 1 year subscription now and receive an exclusive RIFT mousepad!"

^ That is what normally happens when you open emails with dubious headlines.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: January 27, 2013, 05:35:43 am »

Thanks for the tips, and I would like to ask one more question: what is a core? I don't think I understand that.

E: And I'm getting failed to contact key server errors. Not too much of a problem as I'm just launching directly from the EU3.exe, but still annoying because I don't have the steam overlay.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 27, 2013, 05:37:55 am »

If you own a province for 50 years you get a core. Core means you get more yearly income (yearly income is actual cash, monthly income is completely separate and is automatically invested in tech / stability / minting). Cores also greatly reduces the chance of nationalist rebels.

You lose a core if you do not have control of a province for 50 years. Cores in provinces of your culture group are never lost this way, and when you wage war with the owner of the core, the timer is reset.

You can also lose cores in a peace deal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 27, 2013, 06:18:16 am »

I believe you also get a valid casus belli if you have cores not within your borders (i.e: someone conquered them from you, or you got an event that gave you the core).

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 27, 2013, 06:42:14 am »

Yep, Reconquest, and it's the best casus belli (for the provinces it effects) in the game!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 27, 2013, 07:17:50 am »

Wait, I attacked granade, sieged all their forts and had soldiers in all their provinces. I couldn't annex. So I fucked up. Starting again.

Also, I have the feeling that I should probably leave Portugal alone for a while.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27:46 am »

Don't call in allies (other than vassals) in wars you think you can win without them. Why? If they siege the province only they can get it in  war. Vassals on the other hand will give you control of the province, unless they have a core there, but that is hardly ever the case anyway.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 27, 2013, 07:28:27 am »

I fucked up again, and accidently made peace.

E: Alright, fuck this piece of shit. I have destroyed all their forts and have troops on all their provinces, yet I cannot annex. :/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:05:17 am by miauw62 »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 27, 2013, 10:00:38 am »

Just to make sure you're doing it properly:

When you take the provinces (the province will have stripes going through it in your nation's color in the second map mode on the top line of map types) check your war score. You can do this by clicking the little shield/coat of arms looking icon that popped up when war began. If they called allies in, you'll see your total war score which factors in the damage you've dealt to all parties involved. To check a specific country's war score, click on their specific shield icon or click on one of their provinces then click "Sue for Peace". If you've taken over all of their territories it should be at 100%. This will cause the "Annex" option to become accessible (some countries are too big to annex in one war, and you'll be able to tell this by the need to have over 100% war score to annex). Click on that instead of make demands and you should be set.

If that's what you did, post everything you did step by step and I'll see if I can help you out at all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 27, 2013, 10:51:39 am »

I did it with some help from the #bay12lb IRC. I annexed Granada (with the help of Portugal.)

E: More problems: I  can't seem to make a fleet that can hold any regiments.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:49:39 am by miauw62 »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 27, 2013, 12:10:49 pm »

Ships need to be at sea, not in port, inorder to carry troops.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:15 pm »

I have 3 (or 4) galleys and 1 carrack at sea, still nothing.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 27, 2013, 12:16:13 pm »

I have 3 (or 4) galleys and 1 carrack at sea, still nothing.
You need cogs to carry troops. Galleys and carracks are for war.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 194