Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451767 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2565 on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:30 pm »

If you've got enough spare badboy to do it, I would. If you don't conquer them your competitors will.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:48 pm »

It stops the other countries from eating them and can also stop "non-exploring" nations from getting land in the New World. Their culture and religion converts faster than other provinces so if you can suck up the infamy hit and fight off the rebels it should be fine.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:42 am »

So yeah. I was playing a Normal game of EU III. Everything was pretty normal, and the reformation had just kicked in. Out of curiosity, I checked the Holy See to check had it was like at the time. What I didn't expect was to see a Catholic Wu controlling the Papacy. So wondering what this shit was all about, I decided to check what the hell was going on in Asia by switching to an Asian country.

Someone please give me a rational explanation for how the hell this happened. (Yes, I am indeed using Mods, BTW.)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 22, 2012, 11:30:50 am »

Is it Miscmods?

It's a bit odd to see Wu as the Papal controller but I guess it was combination of max narrow-mindedness, decent relations with the pope (somehow), large amount of catholic provinces and plenty of good ol' holy wars against heathens and heretics. Was there also a crusade called in the East that Wu was kicking arse in? I think crusades can be called upto 1650.

I believe there's an event for Asian countries that allows them to convert to a christian religion (at least I know the Japanese have one). They would have fought each other and had plenty of zealot rebels spawning which might explain the mess China is in. I believe Khorasan starts as Zoroastrianism in miscmods and ahistorically tends to survives for a decent while.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:37:15 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 22, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »

Is it Miscmods?

Well, Yes and no. I'm playing a mod which combines Miscmods and AzeriEUIII.

Also, while your blurb does explain Catholic Wu and Zoroastrianism, there's still the Elephant in the room that is Jewish Wu, Bengal, and another Indian state. Not to forget the orthodox Indian state and the Shia Mongol Khanate.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 22, 2012, 12:17:53 pm »

I honestly have no idea about those. I think there's a very low chance for Jewish zealots to spawn but they usually get smacked down before they can convert anything.

As for Orthodox India and Shia Khanate all I can think is that they lost a war and was forcibly converted. I think Persia is the only state with Shia as it's state religion and that's way too far away. I guess it's possible the other Steppe hordes spread their love of Islam and the Mongol Khanate had a heretic uprising? 
Also Check Ethiopia, they might've westernised and went on a rampage into India ... that's technically possible I guess. Warring with China and "migrating" zealots is also possible.

I guess checking each of the nations history and conversion dates and piecing it all together might be the only way to sort out this mess. It does look like Jesus hit the East hard though. Is there any European influence in the area at all?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:20:54 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 22, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »

Is that WAMMO? If so, in one of the alt histories Asia and India have quite a few Catholic, Orthodox and Jewish states.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 22, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

So, on a scale of one to Holy Fuck Nuggets, how successful would you rate this reformation?:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pakhawaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: November 22, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »

I once saw a Jewish state in Magna Mundi Ultimate. it was a Northern Chinese state, I can't remember the name but it didn't last long. It was pretty cool though, absolutely no idea how it happened.

Also in one of the miscmods scenarios in WAMMO the religions are all crazy in China, I'm not too fond of it honestly, I prefer when alt-history attempts to make some sense.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: November 22, 2012, 07:22:13 pm »

So, on a scale of one to Holy Fuck Nuggets, how successful would you rate this reformation?:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damn!
Now force-convert Spain! :P

I like how Tunisia of all countries joined in too, somehow. Obviously revolted from somebody, but the only nation present seems to be the Pope...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:24:04 pm by Lightning4 »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: November 22, 2012, 08:55:38 pm »

I like how Tunisia of all countries joined in too, somehow. Obviously revolted from somebody, but the only nation present seems to be the Pope...

That's because they did, indeed, revolt from the Pope.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: November 22, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »

That's because they did, indeed, revolt from the Pope.

Huh. I thought the reformation events only triggered in Europe, but a quick check on the wiki shows me to be wrong.
It doesn't even have to start in Europe, technically. But it's more likely to for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:43:54 pm by Lightning4 »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: November 23, 2012, 12:21:20 am »

So yeah. I was playing a Normal game of EU III. Everything was pretty normal, and the reformation had just kicked in. Out of curiosity, I checked the Holy See to check had it was like at the time. What I didn't expect was to see a Catholic Wu controlling the Papacy. So wondering what this shit was all about, I decided to check what the hell was going on in Asia by switching to an Asian country.

Someone please give me a rational explanation for how the hell this happened. (Yes, I am indeed using Mods, BTW.)
Some mods which add new religions add in decisions to convert to them intended for player use. Perhaps for some reason the AI pressed the "convert_to_judaism" decision?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: November 23, 2012, 01:41:31 am »

Not a very successful reformation, the Pope is still catholic! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:33 pm »

Is there an easy way to change the borders of Europe? Not actually add/remove provinces, but just take provinces from some nations and give them to others. Like, say, giving Castille the Balkans. I'd like to remake a map that I saw.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 194