Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451887 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #2550 on: November 19, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

You're going to have to go over your limit and just smash your army against them for a while. Rebels don't replenish guys right?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 19, 2012, 04:55:30 pm »

If you can pull together 20k cavalry and a good shock general you might stand a chance. You could also try to pull them onto a scorched province (rebels suffer attrition right?), though I guess they can storm your fortifications with that many infantry.

I think you may have to accept their demands.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: November 19, 2012, 05:47:56 pm »

Rebels don't replenish guys right?
I'm pretty sure the only ones that do are pretender rebellions.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 19, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »

You're going to have to go over your limit and just smash your army against them for a while. Rebels don't replenish guys right?

Not in the mod I'm using. Events seem to trigger occasionally which cause a 3-6 stack of Rebels to appear. And It also doesn't help that all my Occitanian proper provinces have +40 revolt risk. It may or may not have had something to do with a giant war dog pile that I had only just survived.

Not that any of that matters. While I was combating the Dauphiné civil war, a 16 stack of Republican Revolutionaries revolted in my capital and occupied it. Cue national collapse. My Government is now Republican Dictatorship. And while I didn't seem to experience any side effects from the other rebels, I decided to edit the save and change my culture to Occitan (Culture of the Revolters). Seemed Appropriate.

This is actually the first time I have ever experienced one of those. Not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:36 pm »

Oh dear.
I restarted a game and started playing milan. It seems I've started a great war.
About 20 countries involved in total, many of them more than one province.

edit: Now half of europe is vying for my blood. I hope I can defeat them all with help from austria.
EDIT2:I managed to grab a bunch of land from naples before admitting defeat. I just reduced my sphere of influence on one country, and that was it; the end of world war 0.5
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:23:20 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:51 am »

My game's Venice confuses me.

They moved their capitol to the New world. The only things I see that they have there are two Maize provinces, a Fish province, and a Cocoa province. They leave behind, of course, Venice with it's CoT and Naval Supplies, a province with Marble, and a province with Wine.

They likely lost A LOT of income for that. I just... don't get it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: November 20, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »

This is great. Pretty much every single minor next to me is suiciding and declaring war on me possibly because of my very high infamy. Meaning, I can just occupy them completely and wait until I have the infamy capacity and I don't have to take the major no-CB penalty.

Also, you know what's goddamn scary? A stack of 72 pretender rebels from an event. Yeah I'll take the Isolationism instead, thank you very much.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: November 21, 2012, 12:31:01 am »

damnit, 2 reforms to go in my austria game, but i seem to have hit a wall in generating authority

if i switch to protestant i would be able to unite the HRE lickety split, but bonuses for cardinals and curia control are just too nice :(

decisions, decisions...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 21, 2012, 12:32:31 am »

release vassals. You'll annex them once you form the HRE anyway.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 21, 2012, 12:37:42 am »

that is an excellent idea :D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 21, 2012, 01:42:17 pm »

I decided to try a colonization run with portugal, and it is going surprisingly well ( for my standards, I am nowhere as good as all the people here who conquer the world by 1400) despite a rough start.

I focused all my resources on getting quest for new world, and so I could arrive in americas first. next idea, colonial ventures. however, colonists sometimes go wasted due to crippling economical crisis. which also leaves me unable to get anything more than a bunch of regiments to defend myself.
That added a quite strong sense of urgency when trying to keep my relations with castille good :P I have been allied with them for most of the game.
bad thing is, at some point, just when colonization starts to give back some profits, I enter a PU with castille. as a junior partner.
usual routine, insult them and wait. thankfully they didn't attack, and I switched to administrative republic  to avoid such a thing ever happening again.
with the influx of great leaders , conquest of maya shawnee and cherokee and colonization of carribean, gold finally started to arrive, and I have been able to start spending more, and even afford some small wars, to kick aragon out of MY south america!
I am finally able to stand up to any colonial power, with the notable exception of great britain. bad thing? the only 2 other people who have colonies in south america ( papal state and brittany) are allied with GB. which makes them extremely hard to conquer, and they don't allow me to link my colonized areas (north brazil, south brazil, inca, mexico. Which is  bad for my plan to move capital there.
but with press gangs, I am going to build a fleet large enough to fight british navy!

(France formed a great blob, nearly destroying aragon and threatening castille, then imploded greatly. now it only has 3 provinces in france and 2 in italy.)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 21, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

Be careful when trying to take down england's fleet. even if you outnumber them they'll generally have 2 or 3 naval ideas that will let them win easily anyway

but im sure you know that :p

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: November 21, 2012, 03:41:54 pm »

yes, I know, I know.
good news is, brittany is out. it wasn't actually allied, just in sphere. which means that when I got called into a war by GB, I could attack it without fear of GB defending. can't declare war on somebody which is fighting another war on your side :D
now, papal states...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:22 pm »

One of the usual ways I like to deal with England/GB is to (obviously with high plutocracy and maybe a spy bonus idea if you have a spare slot) constantly spam nationalist rebellions at them, especially if they have the far-flung holdings that they tend to pick up in random wars. They're much easier to deal with if their troops and navy are split up trying to put down multiple rebellions. As long as you make sure you have a CB beforehand you can DoW them during this (unless, rarely, they DoW you for the spies) and pick off smaller groups of ships with your main fleet. I tend to start doing this as early as possible when playing as another naval power; better to destabilize them before the steamroller gets going if at all possible. As an added bonus if any of those rebels manage to get a foothold while you're at GB's throat, they might live long enough to gain independence.

In my own game... Hoo boy. Austria is becoming more and more worrisome, and I share a border with them. They're slowly crushing Bohemia. It's the mid 1500s and I've managed to keep England down to almost nothing. The Irish minors, Scotland, Cornwall, and Wales are all free, and they only have a handful of holdings in France, Finland, and the Mediterranean. Prussia, Norway, and Finland are the only other colonial powers (apart from Milan, but I'm thoroughly crushing them). Speaking of Milan, I had a massively successful war under a CB that promised no badboy for full annexation. I got 100% warscore, took every single province and vassal, but I couldn't annex them. My badboy was too high to just grab a bunch of provinces, so I was stuck settling for one colony and the province I cored through a border dispute. -_-

Oh, and giant fucking Russia eating up absolutely everything. Nibbling on Sweden, advancing into Iraq, and so forth. On the other  hand, I own the entire American coast from Hudson Bay to La Plata. Except for a few cut-off provinces controlled by the others, but no worries there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »

What do you guys think about immediately annexing all the new world civilizations? Like as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 194