Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 194

Author Topic: Europa Universalis III  (Read 451595 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis III
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »

@freefo...ler; how do you check your patch, and how do you update them? I lokked, but I didn't notice anything obvious, of course I also didn't have time for an exhaustive search.

In general I find allies are useful in the early game but after 1550 (I've only ever made it to ~1640 due to the ridiculous save times after the first hundred years) I have collect enough vas-holes (dohoho) to find other allies unnecessary.

EDIT: How does one go about 'breaking' a nation?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

From checking files, I believe to cause a nation to collapse their capitol needs to be under rebel control for 2 years. You'll need to get creative. No pretenders, as they'll disappear as soon as they take over the capitol I believe.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 02:40:03 pm »

@freefo...ler; how do you check your patch, and how do you update them? I lokked, but I didn't notice anything obvious, of course I also didn't have time for an exhaustive search.

In general I find allies are useful in the early game but after 1550 (I've only ever made it to ~1640 due to the ridiculous save times after the first hundred years) I have collect enough vas-holes (dohoho) to find other allies unnecessary.

The game has a built-in updater I believe. If you use that it'll upgrade you to the newest patch.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 03:42:08 pm »

Thank you. I'm known for looking for stuff with my eyes wide closed. It happened here too. *Runs off to try update.*

I'm thinking of running a LP in a few weeks where I play as the emperor. IE. whenever the emperor dies and a new faction becomes emperor I switch to them. As a rule there will be no beibing electors and no going out of my way to vassalize them. Thoughts?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 03:52:15 pm »

Well I am playing as Trier, and for some reason, my neighbor (forgot the name) who has the same number of provinces (2), smaller population, same trade goods, less/worse merchants in the CoT's, more/more expensive non economy related advisors, and a non economy related idea (I have an economy related one) has similar income to me, yet has 4 more armies (me 6, him 10).

He has had no inflation increase for the past dozen years, I have my army maintenance all the way down, I even have more advanced tech allowing me to build buildings earlier then him..... The only reason I can think of is war subsidies or taxes but he isn't at war. He is however allied with Burgundy but I don't see how that can get him money. I am baffled at how he can maintain such an army while I have a smaller one yet am at the edge of going negative per year.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 04:06:55 pm »

What difficulty level is your game at?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:10:21 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 04:15:32 pm »

Hmmmm...

I have no idea then. Truly.

Try loading up as him temporarily. See how he's doing internally.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »

So does EU3 just have substantially less available options for which kingdom/country/whatever you choose than Crusader Kings or am I missing something?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 04:31:23 pm »

You can choose ANY country you want to choose. Heck, choose the doomed Granada, Salzburg, etc... if you want to.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 04:34:57 pm »

So does EU3 just have substantially less available options for which kingdom/country/whatever you choose than Crusader Kings or am I missing something?

Just click on the world map to choose a country (I thought this initially, but then I realised that when I chose a scenario, my choices weren't just limited to the shields on the bottom of the screen).

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 04:42:11 pm »

Just click on the world map to choose a country (I thought this initially, but then I realised that when I chose a scenario, my choices weren't just limited to the shields on the bottom of the screen).

Oh yes.

Probably my favorite thing about Paradox Interactive's 4X games has been my ability to choose a small, unheard of province and go haha screw you history as I slit the throat of France or somesuch a whole 100 years the people I picked were supposed to be dead.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 04:45:37 pm »

Indeed. That is literally one of my favorite things about EU3. Pick anything you want, and still have a semi-reasonable chance of doing awesomely.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 04:54:27 pm »

Thank you. I'm known for looking for stuff with my eyes wide closed. It happened here too. *Runs off to try update.*

I'm thinking of running a LP in a few weeks where I play as the emperor. IE. whenever the emperor dies and a new faction becomes emperor I switch to them. As a rule there will be no beibing electors and no going out of my way to vassalize them. Thoughts?

The load times... Glorious. Auto-hunt rebels... USeful for large empires but I'm not at that state in my Austria yet. Did they add anything else other than the new mapmodes and labelling the shortcuts?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »

I've gone over the tutorials twice and it all still confuses me, but you know? That's alright, because I'll just push on through and learn through trial-and-error. Man this is such a fun game, one time I played EU2 and thought it was pretty boring. This is way different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 194