Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort  (Read 6167 times)

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2011, 09:38:49 pm »

Will do! At this rate, I'll have to draft & dwarf every single migrant during the next wave! Unless, of course, I get one of the megawaves that year 2 is famous for.

I'm sorry for taking so long to update, i had to do some work and will continue so for the rest of this week. I'll try to update tonight.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2011, 02:13:23 am »

Meh. Don't worry.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2011, 04:46:34 am »

I approve of this community fort and I would like you to dwarf me :)!

Be content in the knowledge that deep within some dark, secluded corner of the mountainholmes the halls echo with the sound of cursing and hammering and the dimly lit walls flicker with mysterious shadows...

For work on Dig Deeper has not yet finished :D.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2011, 10:05:51 pm »

Need to add a name/job/personality for  :DNarrative:D purposes.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2011, 10:52:46 pm »

The nodded himself approves, and wants to be dwarfed! I am so proud of myself :D

I know I keep on promising updates, but I've been working waaaaay too late these last few days. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend, or next week.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2011, 05:36:40 am »

Need to add a name/job/personality for  :DNarrative:D purposes.

Surprise me :)!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »

Update coming in a few minutes, I promise!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2011, 10:24:05 pm »

From the Journal of Morul Rigothimesh, Expedition Leader. The 1st of Hematite, 107

During the early Spring, a Dwarf named Erush Kegethiden suddenly became very secretive. He was one of the newer migrants, so I didn't know if this was usual or not; but then he barricaded himself in a craftshop and started working on something strange.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The other Dwarves said that he took the bones of many of our most hated Badger enemies into his workshop. Indeed, many badger bones were missing from their usual place of honor, as were some moose bones.

A few days later, the Dwarf withdrew from his shop, holding an earring:

This is Stonespike, the Torch of Drips! Truly, Erush is a genius. While under normal circumstances, an earring is a useless object of adornment fit only to sell to the basest Elven women, the very worthless nature of this item is its most distinguishing feature; for with such an embarrassing fate for their bones, surely no Badger Scum would dare try to assault our brave fortress! Indeed, Stonespike will be a torch, a light to lead the way, in our war against the Furry Menace!

In the last days of Spring, as our gatherers picked the last of the fruits of the Fertile Season, one of the Dwarves sounded the alarm. In the tall grass, six green, hideous, twisted bodies crawled. These were Goblins, the eternal enemies of Dwarves, second only to Badgers!

The monsters were well-armed; five crossbowgoblins, led by their whip-wielding general. Our fortress defenses, while impressive when facing dumb animals, were no match for a sentient army! I ordered the Dwarves indoors, hoping to make a last stand at the gates. Instead, I was amazed to find that the bastards were barely sentient at all. All six goblins fell to our simple animal traps, and managed to take only a single wood-cutter down with them!

The dead will be honored in full Dwarven tradition, while the goblins will be butchered for their equipment in the ever-reliable BREAD.

Glory to Stonespike, disgracer of all things Badger!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2011, 10:30:30 pm »

Somehow, the giant toad got past my literally impenetrable trap (Every tile was filled with cage traps!) and is know chilling in the lower levels of the mines, ignoring everyone. I need to find a way to catch it pronto...

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2011, 10:42:16 pm »

Clearly that toad has been training in the depths of the earth for years just to avoid our traps  :o
Oh did an engraver for me ever show up? If not you can dorf me as anybody.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »

He has, and you have been dwarfed, but what with a hectic schedule, I forgot to mention it. I'll remedy that next update, I promise!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2011, 10:51:24 pm »

Wow, Bojangles is a badass! He just massacred the giant toad by charging it and beating it into a corner, and then into a bloody pulp, before anyone else even showed up.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2011, 10:54:44 pm »

Don't worry about it. Since your the only one currently playing the fort theres not a rush to finish a turn. Loving how this fort has turned into a war against everything badger, if you havent already there needs to be a temple filled with badger remains, preferably where the furry demons roam. 8)

And it looks like that toad just didnt train hard enough  :'(

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2011, 10:57:32 pm »

When the time has come, I plan on tossing the Badgers straight into Hell. Can't count on them to be assigned there on their own, dontcha know!

ETA: With my luck, the first Forgotten Beast this fort sees will be a "Great Skinless Badger! Beware Its Deadly Dust!"

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

Dropping badgers on top of the clowns heads. There needs to be a sport about this. Oh yea in the next update mind posting named dwarves bios? No need to make a list of 50 or so dwarves.(If thats our pop.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8