Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort  (Read 6165 times)

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
Re: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:09 pm »

Excellent, hopefully the massive time consuming  labor-intensive device to make biscuits from psychopathic badgers goes off without giving the dwarves unwanted baths. Looking forward to the first test of BREAD.

Also, I just realized how appropriate the name BREAD is when the goal is biscuit/genocide.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:54:27 pm by BranRhi »
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:41 pm »

Efficient? No. Pretty? No. Dwarfy? HELL TO THE YES! Brutal? BWAHAHAHAHA!

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:45 am »

Continue the harvest. If giant badgers arrive don't kill them. Tame them. THAT is their ultimate punishment, serving those that damn their kin!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 06:05:51 am »

Love it. Love it. Love it. Although, I think one needs to be saved for the sacrifice at that poor dwarfs tomb.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Prixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 08:59:59 am »

"Eat ALL the Badgers!"

I could imagine this as a full-scale production, with more animals than dwarves.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:04 am »

I want to see every dwarf in badger socks, eating badger roasts and wielding badger-bone crossbows that fire badger bolts.  THAT'LL teach them to kill one of our dwarves!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2011, 01:54:21 pm »

From the Journal of Morul Rigothimesh, Expedition Leader. The 1st of Granite, 107

Things are going well here at Knifemuders, very well indeed. Construction of BREAD is now complete. The Badger Breeding Pit is now sealed, and badgers will be introduced at the first opportunity. Meanwhile, our miners have dug a drainage pit from BREAD to the first of the Caverns. This particular Cavern is huge, and filled with water. This makes it the perfect place to drain BREAD flowoff. Workers have spotted cave crocodiles and giant toads in the Cavern's water; work has begun on a hallway to trap them.

To all of you who haven't been dwarfed yet, I apologize; since reembarking, we have only recieved five dwarves, none of whom fit the requested roles. In addition, I apologize for these updates being so short; not much is happening this first year. I think I'll start writing updates in the form of journals from all of the named dwarves, rather than only the leader. This will allow for more character plots, in addition to things that are actually happening in the fort.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2011, 02:15:54 pm »

Some of you may be getting dwarfed soon; new migrant wave brought my population up to 23!

EDIT: Actually mid-30s
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:19:32 pm by UristMcDonald »

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2011, 04:49:15 pm »

Cave crocodiles and giant toads. I'm pretty sure you've just made the future animal trainer very happy with just that sentence.

30 dwarves? Mind posting a list of names/jobs?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:02:10 pm by BranRhi »
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »

Gobbledigook is pleased.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2011, 11:01:33 pm »

I'll post screens from Dwarf Therapist when I get home. I have dwarfed everyone except the two combat dwarves; there is an in-character reason for this and they will both be dwarfed in the next migrant wave. I promise!

And Gobbledigook will recieve a pet giant toad, if all goes well.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2011, 11:02:55 pm »

Thats fine. This is turning into an awesome fortress. Its gonna be fun. Both versions.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:12 am »

If you get tired of putting together all the story bits yourself just give us events that happen to our dwarves and we can make our own little journal entries-*cough* syrupleaf *cough*

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »

Either way works.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2011, 06:07:41 pm »

A promising fort indeed! If it'd please you, dorf me as Slime, a doctor. For optional backstory, go with an optimistic ex-swordsdwarf (skill not necessary!) who delights in finding new possibilities to apply invasive surgery.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8