Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort  (Read 6170 times)

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

A) OFF WITH THERE HEADS!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 10:53:58 pm »

Just so you guys get the size of this thing, I am going to be digging more tiles than are in the entire living section of the cavern (IE, everything except mineshafts)

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2011, 12:09:46 am »

There is no entry for the Summer of 106, only a hastily scrawled note accompanied by drawings of dead badgers

Summer was slow, nothing happened, except for three migrants: Armorsmith and two food Dwarves. Will combine events of Summer with Autumn, busy working on Badger Rehabilitation Device (BRD, or BREAD)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2011, 12:21:00 am »

Defiantly A. Those badgers owe us a dwarves life, worth many of theirs.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2011, 12:37:12 am »

Huh, I ordered my Dwarves to make a couple of statues, and they made many statues of various characters from the fort's last incarnation in flight. They're all running to the Hill of Bases... I wonder what/where that is, and how I can access it.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2011, 02:57:47 am »

Lets see how fall goes.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2011, 05:58:55 pm »

Riddle me this: What do you get if you drop 1800 cubic meters of water on a bunch of badgers?

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »

No idea.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2011, 06:47:56 pm »

Water with an insignificant amount of badger in it.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »

Loving the fort layout so far. Would like to be dorfed as a engraver when you get one, not picky about gender. Personality wise he/she could be a history buff who likes dogs.
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 09:56:02 pm »

Alright, I'll post an update tonight an dwarf you when the next wave comes. Right now we only have one dog and he's on thief patrol, but if I get more your dwarf can have some.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »

From a speech delivered by Morul Rigothimesh, Knifemurders Overseer, to the assembled Dwarves of Knifemurders. The 1st of Moonstone, 106

Four score and something weeks ago, Alath Ragzon, a good, hardworking Dwarf, a Dwarf who was loyal to his fortress, and a good friend of mine, was struck down by the befouled demons known to us as Badgers. It was on that day that Badgerkind has struck a blow to Dwarfking; a blow which must not go unpunished. For if the Badgers are allowed to kill one of our own, what kind of example will that set for the other races, such as the dirty Goblins, or the tree-hugging Elves? Indeed, there can only be one response to violence upon our kind: Complete and utter retaliation, with no mercy nor limits. It is with this goal in mind that we have begun construction of BREAD, or the Badger REhabilitAtion Device. As its very name suggests, this device will be the very foundation of our show of force. The time has come to retaliate, and we will do this in the most Dwarven way possible: Complete and Total Annihilation!

But in the case of these Badgers, destruction is not enough. There is only one punishment which will befit these foul demons: We will breed and slaughter them like no more than simple cattle! The next time Winter arrives, each and every one of you will be dressed in Badger Pelts, and feast on Badger Biscuits!

*Morul throws Badger Biscuits to the assembled Dwarves, and they all cheer loudly*

That's right, boys and girls: I have put every industry on hold for the greater part of a year in order to build BREAD. And a magnificent device it is, as you shall soon see:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 11:21:39 pm »

Beautiful. That should be used for goblins as well. And anything else that is captured.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2011, 11:25:11 pm »

That is one of the best examples of !!SCIENCE!! being used to better dwarven lives.  But does it work?
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 11:31:22 pm »

As far as I know, yes. And hopefully without flooding the whole fort too! I was thinking of saving, testing, and reloading, but what would be the fun in that?

And apparently caged animals can give birth now. The Ranks of the Damned (badgers) have swelled by one!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8