Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort  (Read 6174 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Knifemurders: A Dig Deeper Community Fort
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 05:27:58 am »

*snip*
Double post. I apologise.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:57:09 am by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »

Alright guys, I have some bad news...

It turns out our civilization is extinct. We only got four migrants, one of whom died. I don't think I can run a fort with no migrants...

So, is there any way to spawn migrants? Is there any way to allow migrants from another civilization to show up? If not, I'm going to have to abandon... Which sucks, since I was really enjoying this fort!

EDIT: If there's no way to fix this, I will just reclaim with seven Dwarves, all of whom will have the same names. I'll make something up about what happened to the other three Dwarves. It feels a bit cheap though, since I will be starting with extra resources... Then again, I'll loose all my turkeys.

EDIT II: If I haven't discovered any caverns yet, will reclaim still wipe mud?

Problem will be sorted out in-game.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:18:29 pm by UristMcDonald »

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 05:08:11 pm »

From the Journal of Morul Rigothimesh, Knifemurders Overseer. The 1st of Granite, 105

Winter has passed, rather uneventfully. I fear I have overestimated the seriousness of the freezing threat; the water has only frozen during the coldest days of Winter, for only a short time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Underground, things are progressing well; we have build a smelting room and are almost done with a forge room, a few levels bellow.

While all this was happening, I myself was far more focused on my plan for vengeance. Luckily, the terrain surrounding the fort will aid my plan for revenge:

The forest is divided into high ground and low ground. Most animals seem to be moving from one to the other. This is where my Plan comes in.

Over the last few months, the other miners and myself have dug sheer cliffs into the divide between the flat forest to the left of our fort and the high ground to our right. We only left a passage at one location, and we filled the narrow path with cage traps.

When those badgers come again, we will capture them, slaughter them, and eat them!

I have been called back to the Mountainhomes for a briefing. It would appear there has been a change in leadership, and the new monarchy needs to see me. I have left three of our Dwarves behind to guard the fort until I return; the rest will come with me.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 05:16:32 pm »

Words Shouted by Morul Rigothimesh, Knifemurders Overseer, Upon Discovering That the Three Dwarves He Left Behind Threw a Huge Party and Ditched With the Elves. The 1st of Granite, 106

Goddamn Elf-kissing bastards! If they wanted to leave, they couldn't at least leave the food in its place?! No, they had to mess up all our stockpiles! Goddamn it! It's gonna take MONTHS to put everything where it belongs, especially since there's only seven of us now! Why, if I found any of them I would [The rest of this message has been censored for vile language and disturbing imagery].

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 05:52:10 pm »

Starting all over again. Damned elf lovers. Its a conspiracy, badgers and elves!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »

Well, not ALL over. I still have the fort. But all of my items that weren't built are scattered over the whole map, and will probably take all Spring and Summer to collect. Oh, and I lost all my turkeys, but when I reembarked I brought new ones.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:31 pm »

Ah, its better than nothing hm? Looking forward to the next update.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2011, 05:56:31 pm »

It's a race against time: I must stow away all my items before monkeys show up to steal them! Actually, when that one fisherdwarf died, monkeys got his clothes... it was tragic.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

Those sock stealing monkies. They must be captured and made into food. Monkey ham.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

From the Journal of Morul Rigothimesh, Knifemurders Overseer. The 1st of Hematite, 106

Spring this first new year was a wonderful time for Knifemurders. We gathered most of the old supplies and put them back indoors, where they'll be safe. We didn't have a chance to restart any of our industries yet, since most of our time was spent foraging in the blasted forest for our old supplies, but we have enough food and drink to last us until we can start work again. In terms of infrastructure, this was a slow month. But that is not what I am excited about! What excites me is the coming slaughter. My Plan has worked perfectly!

In the early days of Spring, I noticed increased badger activity. Where as in the past, only one group of badgers conga danced by (As Bojangles beautifully put it), this year we had two separate conga lines traveling the forest at the same time. It's almost as if they knew what we were planning... Indeed, as my little hiatus left some of the passes unremoved, the badgers cunningly avoided my traps. And then, one morning...

We found one of those Orc-sucking bastards caught in our trap! We celebrated well into that night, as the first blow against the Badger Menace was struck. Soon, we knew, we will have our vengeance!

But the badgers were determined to strike back. One day, the local farmer was gathering wild plants when a badger conga line surrounded him!

Luckily for him, Bojangles was nearby, on his way to dig a ditch which would channel the bastards right into our waiting traps. Bojangles may be an annoying bastard, but he sure knows how to swing a pick, be he mining for gold or for brains.

In the last few weeks of Spring, I cracked the trapping project up a notch or twelve. By the time we were done, the area in front of Knifemurders was no longer a forest so much as a dirty mess of trenches, water, and cage traps.

Although we eventually ran out of cages to load the traps with, we managed to catch a nice conga line of badgers. The perfect revenge, of course, will require a breeding herd, and I believe we are almost there. On the 25th of Sandstone, however, one of the badgers will die before the coffin of Alath Ragzon.

Praise be to Bojangles, who has struck down a fearsome Badger and turned the Tide of Conga!

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

Bojangles is awesome. Just hope that giant badgers don't decide to say hello.

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2011, 08:46:19 pm »

In order to breed and butcher badgers, I'm going to have to change them from exotic to pets. So I want your input as to what the fate of the Badgers of Knifemurders should be...

Please put the letter of your vote first, before explanations, to make it easier.

A) Kill them all! The badgers will be thrown head-first into a breeding pit, and once a season the larger ones will be take out and slaughtered for meat.
B) Tame them! Knifemurders Citizens will each get their very own War-Badger. War Badgers will be used like salt: sprinkling a little bit can't hurt, so we might as well shove in a whole bunch.
C) Combination of both: Badgers will be bred, some to be tamed and some to be slaughtered.

No matter which path we choose, the yearly sacrifice to our dead dwarf will continue.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2011, 08:50:01 pm »

A:The badger menace must fall. KILL THEM ALL.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2011, 10:19:22 pm »

Kill them all.  Dump them in a hole and flood it.  Dead badgers and dryable badger-pelt underwear for everyone!

UristMcDonald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2011, 10:47:29 pm »

Inspired by visions of dead badgers so numerous that they are used as construction material, I have begun a project of such magnificent proportions that it will require me to breach the caverns simply to complete!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8