Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strongest Dwarves  (Read 3906 times)

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:15:14 am »

I dubbed one of my hunters "Saxton Hale".

He has multiple one shot one kill's on elephants.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 02:36:11 pm »

I had a spearmaster once. She got attached to (mostly) copper armor and a bronze spear, so I thought her rather worthless... until I sent her squad of 7 against 40 goblins, many of them ranged attackers with one master marksgoblin. Her friends all got slaugthered in the first few seconds, but she just ran in and finished the whole siege off alone. There were moments, when literally every tile around her had a bolt flying in it. 20 bolts aimed at her and she just kept going, casually dodging projectiles as she went to stab one goblin after the other. Spear to the head, grab, twist, pull out, spear to the heart, grab, twist, dodge a few times, spear to the head again, dodge some more, repeating the whole thing for several pages of combat reports. I imagine the situation as a mix between Matrix and Hero. Later on, she also killed some fire breathing badger titan almost single-handedly, but died from infection after the thing had chewed off one of her fingers :(
A always preferred hammers and axes for my military, as they seem most dwarfy, but now I always keep a few speardwarves as well... playing golf with heads is one thing, but winning a 1:40 battle with a pointy stick is just epic.
Appart from the unbalacned Whip, the Spear is the single best weapon in the game.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 02:40:15 pm »

Well, there's Always Obok Meatgod...

-Shudders-
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:42:56 pm »

Lets not bring that up.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

I dubbed one of my hunters "Saxton Hale".

He has multiple one shot one kill's on elephants.

Using his damn bear hands?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 05:09:18 pm »

I once had still have, but don't use, a fort with the most awesome crossbowdwarf I've ever seen.  Her kill list is the longest of anyone in my fortress, at twenty-three, not counting at least one stolen cyclops kill and another stolen titan kill.  Her preferred method of killing is bludgeoning enemies to death with her -steel crossbow-, and during a siege, she bit off a goblin's ear before wiping out the rest of his squad singlehandedly.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:16 am »

the fortress of Ironbear has produced Aban Gearedwild the Granite World of Minds.  Custom title Titanslayer, after taking on a fire-breathing forest titan.  It bit off his right hand, but he killed all the same and rather than running to the hospital like any other dwarf with a scratch, he just sort of ignored it and carried on, now wielding his Bronze War Hammer in his left hand.

After that, he made an artifact, killed a few goblins, then participated in a cavern breach skirmish with Forgotten Beasts, pegging one of the four that died and helping on the others.  Aban escaped without a scratch, despite the deadly dust of one FB and the full-body-rot (all skin, fat, and muscle totally rotten, along with the eyes.  The eyes went first...) syndrome that took out twice as many dwarves as the raw combat did.

Lately, his squad was dispatched to deal with a cyclops.  Moving what seemed like twice as fast as his squadmates, he got there first, and this happened

A semi-mega beast downed quicker than most goblins die.

The scary thing is that due to my general incompetence at military training, he's nowhere near legendary in any combat skills yet.  When he gets there, I almost pity the enemies of Ironbear.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pages: 1 [2]