Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 5 - Ay, Macarena!  (Read 7337 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 2 - Everything is cursed. Everything.
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 09:16:03 am »

That went well for everyone!

Find a way to remove the curse.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2011, 12:32:49 pm »

Eyes lighting up at the sight of the Quantum accelerator, James took everything and went to scavenge for some free scrap metal and gun parts.

(let's hope I can find enough junk to make a weapon before something horrible happens.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2011, 12:36:11 pm »

Watch out- that quantum accelerator may or may not be cursed.  You won't know until you try to use it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 01:32:34 pm »

Watch out- that quantum accelerator may or may not be cursed.  You won't know until you try to use it.
Nah - presumably, if he makes the equipment himself, it won't be cursed. And since it's just a raw part, nobody would bother putting a curse on it.

And really, I wasn't wanting to make this many cursed items - I was actually hoping someone would roll a 6 for the quality check so I could add an axe that lights things on fire or something else incredibly and stupidly overpowered. But no, the RNG decides to hate everything.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »

* Toaster watches Theros miss the quantum physics joke...

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 01:44:55 pm »

Does anyone have any ideas for what I should make? I was thinking of a handheld particle accelerator or railgun, but as the party's engineer, I'm open to suggestion.

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 04:45:46 pm »

Look around for a job board, or some other source of money
Word

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 05:02:24 pm »

Does anyone have any ideas for what I should make? I was thinking of a handheld particle accelerator or railgun, but as the party's engineer, I'm open to suggestion.

I'm pretty taken by the idea of something that explodes minds. Just, you know, thinking aloud and stuff.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 3 - The city dump contains crap.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:35 am »

Look around for a job board, or some other source of money
You find.... [6] a tavern, full of people willing to have you do set amounts of menial tasks for disproportionate rewards! Oh joy!
Shop Found: Tavern

Eyes lighting up at the sight of the Quantum accelerator, James took everything and went to scavenge for some free scrap metal and gun parts.
You run off into the dump, and [2] fail to find anything even mildly useful. Most of the stuff is either biodegradable food waste, mechanisms rusted beyond repair, or shit.
Find a way to remove the curse.
You [3] logically think that the best way to get rid of a curse is to visit the local church. The priest there offers to remove the curse, but at the cost of either becoming a convert, or being 'marked' by their deity. Which will it be?
Mentally tell myself to inspect everything BEFORE purchase, go and get some sparing done, focus on defence
You [3] go spar with a squirrel. Not much is accomplished.
Sigh, and start looking for a place to get un-cursed.
You [4] join Toaster and Grigor at the local church, and are given the same options as Toaster.

Sigh, and start looking for a place to get un-cursed.
Also do this, whilst mentally preparing myself to chop off the cursed ring finger.
You walk over to the church with Toaster and someone else from the party, when [1] the ring sucks all life out of your finger. Your finger falls off, and explodes in a rain of holy fire upon hitting the ground. You are now bleeding. -4 HP.

Spoiler: Stores (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Statuses (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:38:51 pm by TherosPherae »
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 08:58:19 am »

Inquire as to what each option entails, regarding me. Aka wth do I have to do if I convert, or wth happens if I get marked?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 09:35:34 am »

Inquire as to what each option entails, regarding me. Aka wth do I have to do if I convert, or wth happens if I get marked?
Being a convert varies for each character depending on how strong the curse is and the alignment of the deity. Given that this is your typical Church of the Lawful Good God, and that your curses are very minor, it probably means you'll have to refrain from using unholy stuff from this point on, and might gain a few holy abilities if you decide to move further into the faith.

Being marked is random dependent on the deity and how mad they get - it can vary from being smited a little bit to having your face melt off perioically to varoius other random effects. It depends on the marking roll you get.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2011, 09:39:50 am »

I may aswell... Convert to remove the curse.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:07 am »

Go find a small job that needs doing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2011, 10:21:18 am »

James yelled an obscenity to the sky. He looked at his wrench, to the quantum accelerator, and then back to the wrench... It would have to do.

James combined the quantum accelerator with one of his wrenches and spent some PP in hopes of creating an Omniwrench 8000 (or any subsequent version) complete with boomerang functionality.

('Tis from the game "Ratchet & Clank" if you haven't played it.)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 10:45:17 am »

Did the ring also explode? If not, pick up the ring, enter the church, ask for healing and curse removal - I will gladly convert now their god has sent me this sign.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6