Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 5 - Ay, Macarena!  (Read 7344 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 0 - Welcome to the City
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

Theros:  Does random mean potentially a good or bad effect?

Did you miss this or is it a secret?

EDIT-  You can have my training sword if you want.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 1 - SHOPPAN'
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:20 pm »

I could get just the blue ring and buy you a weapon for €25. I don't know what they do. Ask the lovely shopkeeper what the 3 products I want, and the shield, do.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »

I could get just the blue ring and buy you a weapon for €25. I don't know what they do. Ask the lovely shopkeeper what the 3 products I want, and the shield, do.
If she knew, she'd tell you. She occasionally gets cursed or otherwise vile things, though, so she's in the habit of selling stuff without exactly checking out what it does.

Most shopkeeps will be like this, by the way. You'll get a basic description of the item, but not know if it has any special properties until after you buy it.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 09:48:11 pm »

Buy the  iron sword and shield.
Find a training yard for weapon training in exchange for work.

You have to pay for training, right?
Word

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »

Sure I'll take it toast, not like I'm going to be hitting that well anyway

Buy some plate-mail and use toast's training sword
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 10:36:08 pm »

Theros:  Does random mean potentially a good or bad effect?

Did you miss this or is it a secret?
I wrote a response and then my horrible tab system ate it. So...

It's random. When you invoke it, the result could be anywhere between horrible, to mediocre, to MIND-SHATTERINGLY AWESOME.

Also.
Buy the  iron sword and shield.
Find a training yard for weapon training in exchange for work.

You have to pay for training, right?
Training? I didn't think you guys would be wanting training. Looks like I get to come up with a training mechanic now, oh joy.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:59 am »

Noted.  Sounds like I may cause some Fun (or !!Fun!!) with it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 08:11:22 am »

Buy a red ring, a blue ring, and a glowing amulet! Equip them (blue ring on the right hand and red on the left) and strap my accordion to my back and put my knife in my quick-access sheath on the accordion so that when I shift my shoulders the accordion swings around in front of me for both easy playing and ease of access to the knife. If I have time test out my purchases.

So TherosPherae, in terms of PP, do you have a rough idea of what we can do with, say, 1PP? Or will we discover shortly?

That is to say, I suppose, is quivering in fear at the rear mostly naked in my loincloth and using whatever powers I have going to be a reasonable tactic? [please note: your answer probably affect my burning desire to do this. Grigor is not pro-armour.]

[Can I explode minds?]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:29:40 am by lawastooshort »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 10:09:25 am »

Buy a red ring, a blue ring, and a glowing amulet! Equip them (blue ring on the right hand and red on the left) and strap my accordion to my back and put my knife in my quick-access sheath on the accordion so that when I shift my shoulders the accordion swings around in front of me for both easy playing and ease of access to the knife. If I have time test out my purchases.

So TherosPherae, in terms of PP, do you have a rough idea of what we can do with, say, 1PP? Or will we discover shortly?

That is to say, I suppose, is quivering in fear at the rear mostly naked in my loincloth and using whatever powers I have going to be a reasonable tactic? [please note: your answer probably affect my burning desire to do this. Grigor is not pro-armour.]

[Can I explode minds?]
PP is used to implement your psychic powers. Methods of restoring it without significant amounts of rest are... rare. So it'll get auto-restored after certain plot points, and you might find a few items that can restore it midway through a plot.

Quivering in fear at the back in your loincloth might work, it might not. You'll just have to see what your most recent purchases do.

And right now, none of you can explode minds. You might gain that ability later, though.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

Ok, that's cool, I just wondered how much about our powers our characters would know and how much you would give away. Thanks! :)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 11:04:33 am »

Browsing the scrap, James decided to buy the glowing thing, the whatzamajiggit and two doohickeys

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:15 pm »

Browsing the scrap, James decided to buy the glowing thing, the whatzamajiggit and two doohickeys
You buy the stuff and carry it to an alley in a box the hobo so courteously provided. Once there, you dig around in the box to find: [2] a worm-ridden apple, [5] a slightly damaged Quantum Accelerator, [3] an unopenable ammobox, and [3] 2 wrenches. Well these could be useful... you guess...
-95 coins
+Quantum Accelerator
+Ammobox of Indeterminate Use Period
+2 wrenches
+Worm Apple
+Damp Cardboard Box
You buy the red ring, blue ring, and glowing amulet, and put them all on after adjusting your accordion and knife. You feel an influx of magical properties, and manage to identify which corresponds to which artifact. [1] Unfortunately, the red ring seems to be cursed and is draining your lifeforce to provide its properties - one of which is freezing itself to your finger. Well, that's not coming off any time soon. You also got an [3] Amulet of Blockage and [4] a blue ring of HP. Not a bad haul, except the red ring.
- 100 coins
+ blue ring of HP
+ cursed red ring of fear
+ Amulet of Blockage
Buy some plate-mail and use toast's training sword
You [4] buy some iron platemail and put it on. You then take Toast's training sword. Nothing really eventful.
-150 coins
+ Iron Platemail
+ Training Sword
Buy the iron sword and shield. Find a training yard for weapon training in exchange for work.
You buy an iron sword and an iron shield, then forgo testing them for curses and magical properties and whatnot to instead find a training yard. You [6] find a training yard, and they even offer to train you in the use of a sword in exchange for little more than an advertisement from someone with blue eyes! Gained Ability: Swordsman!
- 100 coins
+ iron shortsword
+ iron shield
Buy two axes. Cause I'm a rebel.
You buy two axes like a boss. [2] [2] You wield them, and they both stick to your hands. You flail around, but they won't come off more than about an inch.
- 100 coins
+ pair of cursed iron axes
Buy an Iron Sword from the Smith and a Shining Ring from the curio shop.  Equip both.
You buy an Iron Sword, then run over to the Curio Shop to buy a ring. Successful in both endeavors, you equip your new gear, and [3] the new sword works fine. The ring, [1] however, has frozen to your hand and is thoroughly messing with your accuracy. You also hand Micheal your training sword.
- 55 coins
- Training Sword
+ iron shortsword
+ cursed ring of the Shaman

Spoiler: Stores (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Statuses (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Psychic: Turn 2 - Everything is cursed. Everything.
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 12:39:23 am »

Sigh, and start looking for a place to get un-cursed.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 12:52:23 am »

Sigh, and start looking for a place to get un-cursed.
Also do this, whilst mentally preparing myself to chop off the cursed ring finger.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 01:21:32 am »

Mentally tell myself to inspect everything BEFORE purchase, go and get some sparing done, focus on defence
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6