Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Your top 5 deaths!  (Read 15445 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 deaths!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:44 pm »

5. Bandits (the leaders are like gods or something)
4. Giraffe
3. Moose
2. Buzzard
1. Deer

I'm bad with animals.

hey cool tip with bandit leader try grabbing them with one of your upper arms. helps ALOT.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 07:57:27 pm »

3. Shot in the head by a bandit Elite Bowman.
2. Strangled by a Titan while my private army beat on it uselessly.
1. Clawed in the throat's major artery by a night creature (which I then decapitated before I bled out).

In each case, I was playing a highly skilled and well-armored/equipped adventurer.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 10:41:57 pm »

5. Bogeymen
4. One-Humped Camel
3. Two-Humped Camel
2. Bronze Colossus
1. Goblin general. I could've beaten him, but he just happened to have better skills than me due to the several megabeasts he had killed.

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »

Only memorable death I've ever had was when I was playing as a giant adamantine fluffy wambler, and I fought a coyote demon that was the lawgiver of a human civilisation.

I only found out as the battle started that it had deadly dust. We both had our heads knocked off on the same turn after colliding into the walls of his house.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:27 am »

5. Melted by balor flames from butchering a balor corpse I had just killed.
4. Pummeled by a bronze colossus, flying over a few hundered meters.
3. Middle spine snapped by one hit from a wrestler, then punched round a clearing in a forest.
2. Decapitated by a demon ambush in the middle of the night.
1. Frozen to death by frost wyrm dragonbreath. The day after I fought it with only legs and teeth (arms had been rendered useless by snapped nerves).
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 04:15:07 pm »

1. Bogeymen
2. Bandit swarms on first quest
3. Bandit swarms on first quest
4. EPic bandit leaders on greatly respected quest
4. On Powder Strength Swordsman (One of my best adventujrers, as my swordsmen always are) died after killing a bandit camp, a bogeymn wave, another bandit camp, and most of the wave of bogeymen that killed him (the second one). All this after having his foot randomly ripped off by a sturgeon.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 09:21:38 pm »

Im going to add "Killed by Weasal Demon Nekut" to my list.

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 03:36:44 am »

5. Frozen in a river after returning from killing yet another forgotten beast.
4. Oh look, arrow in my heart. I managed to kill the archer (and his ambush squad) before bleeding out.
3. Awww, what a cute family of night creatures!
2. I think I'll jump into that volcano just for fun.
1. Swarmed by what must have been hundreds of monsters when I walked into a dinning room in an abandoned fort. I passed out from exhaustion, then was beaten to death over the course of 30 pages of messages despite wearing full masterwork addy plate. It looks like monsters meet in meeting zones in large numbers in abandoned 40d forts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 07:12:34 am »

I keep on using elves for their harder experience, its a lot funner that way.

5. Night Terrors...
4. That unlucky fall when you dodge too much.
3. "AHH MY ARM!!!" *SNAP* <Wrestled to death and surrounded>
2. *Casts Fireball Arrow*, takes a step. "Ahhh!! My hand!!" <Genesis Mod>
1. Kobolds...Yes, kobolds...

In the number 1 lay that. I died by solo-ing a kobold cave. It was an epic battle. After learning my mistake I went again, received help by a LION and YAKS in the same area, they never had a chance. (Unarmored...)

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 11:10:43 am »

5. Bogeyman, of course.
4. Forgetting to throw the fireball arrow I just conjured, setting myself on fire shortly afterwards. (Genesis mod, same as the above poster)
3. Super sniper bandit crossbowmen headshot. This actually happens quite a lot.
2. Peasant swarm after picking a fight inside a human house filled with thirty something people.
1. Wrestling a rhino. Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 01:24:44 pm »

I only have one top death. Fighting wolves + polar bear. Killed the wolves. Lost the weapon somehow, so I had to wrestle the bear. He bit off my arm, so I picked it up and killed him with it. Managed to survive, but froze to death when the glacier melted when the sun came up.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »

5. turkey. no comment
4. goat kicked me in shin while i was doing okay against 5 bandits, knocked me down and i died.
3. breastplates don't protect your throat.... i hate wolves.
2. firing a crossbow bolt and dodging in the same turn. shot myself in the heart
1. somehow managing to throw a bronze colossi 10 z levels up... only to have it crush me (ridiculously lucky wrestler i had... well. before this he was lucky.)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 07:37:20 am »

Ugh, my one really worth mentioning is a duck that killed FOUR generations of adventurers! A SINGLE DUCK!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2011, 07:41:17 am »

Ugh, my one really worth mentioning is a duck that killed FOUR generations of adventurers! A SINGLE DUCK!

That is one epic duck. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2011, 10:39:07 am »

'Legendary fully armed and armoured adventurer. I go to strangle a duck for training, duck dodges, bites my neck, I die. Duck gets a title.

Next adventurer goes on a wild goose chase for the Duck, I actually find him! I go to kill it sadly it dodges my spear and causes fatal heart damage with it's bite, somehow.

Next I get an archer to take out, it dodges all of my arrows and hops into a lake. I follow it and the Duck gets of the lake at the other side, as soon as the Duck gets out of the water the lake freezes! Cunning bastard.

Finally I get an adventurer swordsman gathers a bunch of soldiers that somehow get there asses handed to the BY A DUCK!'

This is the full story, had to do some digging to find it. I REALLY HATE THAT DUCK!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6