Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old World Blues problem  (Read 1238 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Old World Blues problem
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:32:46 am »

I recently got Old World Blues for Fallout: New Vegas, and I have a problem on startup. When it comes to the opening menu, there aren't any buttons and there isn't a mouse cursor. I have several mods installed, but I don't know if any of them would conflict with Old World Blues. Here's the load order:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Old World Blues problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:03:56 am »

Uhm..is it just me or is the core game files missing from your load order?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:46:31 am »

I've found out that you MUST have a clean FO:NV file(No mods enabled), or else it does that. My only solution was to redownload the game.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:11:09 am »

Yeah, I've had trouble with that before too. For some reason, sometimes the official mods don't work well with unofficial mods the first time you run them. It's usually fine after that though.

And don't take this the wrong way, but do you have to start a new thread for every single problem you have with F:NV? Could they not all go under one thread? I know there are some people who don't care about starting new threads, and I tend to agree to some extent, but I've seen at least three different F:NV threads started by you in the last week or two. Just my 2 cents, feel free to ignore me, flame me, whatever. Good luck with your problem in any case.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:38 am »

Maybe you should just make a general thread for your NV problems.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Old World Blues pro I blem
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:11 am »

Yeah, I've had trouble with that before too. For some reason, sometimes the official mods don't work well with unofficial mods the first time you run them. It's usually fine after that though.

And don't take this the wrong way, but do you have to start a new thread for every single problem you have with F:NV? Could they not all go under one thread? I know there are some people who don't care about starting new threads, and I tend to agree to some extent, but I've seen at least three different F:NV threads started by you in the last week or two. Just my 2 cents, feel free to ignore me, flame me, whatever. Good luck with your problem in any case.

Yeah, I don't entirely think its that big of an annoyance for people who check out the people who go on the 'Other games' section. I'm sorry if it is, though. I think if I did that, the answers would start to get really confusing because you wouldn't know which problem was being answered if the poster didn't say which one they were answering.

Also, I got it working again. All I had to do was verify the integrity of the game cache. I got all the mods working alongside Old World Blues.