Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Termitefolk Colony (1.1)  (Read 14769 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Termitefolk Colony (1.1)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 04:28:40 pm »

I've been playing with it for the last few days as dwarfs, with termites modded so they don't need food. I'm in the third year of my fortress, so far only elves, humans and a few kobold thieves came... one civ of each. It's been quiet... too quiet. I'm curious whether the termites will show up. Maybe they killed each other with the gobbos during worldgen?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 10:34:35 am »

Erm... noob question: does all entity info need to be in the entity_default file, or entity_(entity name) files in the same folder are equally valid?

EDIT: I looked at Legends, they appear to be alive. I'm awaiting the encounter  ;) They ARE a trade race, right?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:48:27 am by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 09:48:02 pm »

Sorry, they were never really meant to be a trading race.  I actually hoped to prevent them from trading even when you're playing as them, but it was apparently hardcoded; I guess I never put 'em back in.  Fortunately, I'm pretty sure it can be added back into the raws of your save file without creating a new world (this is not usually true for entity tokens but at least in 40d it was true for this one). Just add "[ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]" (or whatever season you want them to come) into the "entity_termite.txt" file.  So long as it's after the initial [OBJECT:] and [ENTITY:] tags, it doesn't matter where you put it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:52:01 pm by nil »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:27 am »

Sorry, they were never really meant to be a trading race.  I actually hoped to prevent them from trading even when you're playing as them, but it was apparently hardcoded; I guess I never put 'em back in.  Fortunately, I'm pretty sure it can be added back into the raws of your save file without creating a new world (this is not usually true for entity tokens but at least in 40d it was true for this one). Just add "[ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]" (or whatever season you want them to come) into the "entity_termite.txt" file.  So long as it's after the initial [OBJECT:] and [ENTITY:] tags, it doesn't matter where you put it.

They do have an active season, but no caravans so far, neither ambushes/snatchers from their evil twin entity (babysnatcher token plus evil ethics). Still quite early, though... They DO have the ambusher/sieger tokens, right?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:22 am »

I believe there is a token (Somewhere in the Panda) which you can use to only allow certain items to be eaten. You could have a plant that doesn't appear anywhere (Wood paste, or whatever the termite chew is), and have a reaction for it to be made from wood. Then you'd have a true termite reaction! No dog tripe here!

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 11:47:21 am »

I believe there is a token (Somewhere in the Panda) which you can use to only allow certain items to be eaten. You could have a plant that doesn't appear anywhere (Wood paste, or whatever the termite chew is), and have a reaction for it to be made from wood. Then you'd have a true termite reaction! No dog tripe here!
You're referring to
   [SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, ARROW]
   [SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, GOLDEN]
   [SPECIFIC_FOOD:PLANT:BAMBOO, HEDGE]
right?  It might only work for grazers, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 02:35:45 pm »

Got the trade problem figured out- they lacked the [TRIGGER: something or else: number] tokens. I copied those from the elves, and ta-da, termite caravan.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 08:27:15 am »

Bug report: smelter reactions are screwed up, no pewters of any kind available, and neither is billon...but the nobles still demand it. Easy enough to fix with copypasting the reactions to the entity file, even mid-game without much fuss.

More alarmingly, the sterile castes have no problem marrying the Royals, I still hadn't seen any children from those couples, though if the female is the Royal, it might be possible... maybe. I'll get back here as soon as I have results.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:09:21 pm by Tirion »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:44 am »

More alarmingly, the sterile castes have no problem marrying the Royals, I still hadn't seen any children from those couples, though if the female is the Royal, it might be possible... maybe. I'll get back here as soon as I have results.
I've only seen this with immigrants.  I think I've seen couples with immigrant children, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a queen with a sterile husband give birth...  although I might never have given them a chance to.

P_aul

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 03:57:28 am »

Hello, my termites get insanely embarased about being uncovered. I'm playing with masterwork so not sure if its general problem or mods incompatibility

Edit
@down- oh... sorry for necroposting, I wrote from a mobile and didn't check the dates :/ will pm you once I get home today. Thx in advance for help. This mod has trully inspired use of castes and its a shame it died.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:36:06 am by P_aul »
"Fezzes are cool"

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 10:27:14 am »

Hello, my termites get insanely embarased about being uncovered. I'm playing with masterwork so not sure if its general problem or mods incompatibility
This mod hasen't been updated in 2 years. The bad thoughts from lack of clothing is a relatively new thing, so yes, this mod is obsolete. PM me if you want a quick update to nake it compatible

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 06:49:10 pm »

I'm pretty surprised it works with the current version at all!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 01:28:36 am »

I'm pretty surprised it works with the current version at all!
Well that's the thing... It doesn't really. Also, stop bumping this. It's needless for such a comment:P

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 04:07:00 pm »

I don't know If your active anymore, but I don't know a thing about modding. I dabbledly took off the carnivore trait and their alive and do exist. The only thing is that the in the standard files, I'm afraid to put or remove any thing in the elves file. What do I do? 

Ramaraunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok is Laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »

Shouldn't this be in the Mod Releases forum?
The moment you realize that there is no iron.
Pages: 1 [2] 3